It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone you know will be able to rate you on the terrifying ‘Yelp for people’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am surprised that a thread has not already been started on this. I did not know exactly where to put this.

washingtonpost

When the app does launch, probably in late November, you will be able to assign reviews and one- to five-star ratings to everyone you know: your exes, your co-workers, the old guy who lives next door. You can’t opt out — once someone puts your name in the Peeple system, it’s there unless you violate the site’s terms of service. And you can’t delete bad or biased reviews — that would defeat the whole purpose.

The potential for abuse is so great. People will not even know they have a profile and yet could suffer the consequences of a malicious profile.

Potential employers can/will check for a peeple profile, you do not even know exists.

Supposedly in the future , one will have the ability to delete a profile on them. I am betting some sort of fee will be involved.

On the other hand, I can see the service being put out of existence by civil suits.

Funny thing, Julia Corday, was just inquiring on how to remove negative feedback comments on this startup for her Facebook page.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Several ex's will say that I'm a jerk but many friends will give me 5 stars.

I ain't scared.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So....this is like the old "hotornot.com" website?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Screw it I have LOTS of friends.
I won't be held hostage by any artificial system.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe if there are enough bad votes on a person they can banish them to internet gulag or even an internet death camp.

They can't visit the web or take emails and if they try to escape, their computer gets a virus.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah, it sucks because anyone can set up a profile on you. This is SOOOOOOOO wrong.

You can be minding your own business and then bullah bullah, there you are on the internet with bad reviews. On second thought, I can think of a few evil people in my life I want to advantage myself with.
edit on 2-10-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamwatcher

one will have the ability to delete a profile on them. I am betting some sort of fee will be involved.

A site that enables harassment of private individuals? Indeed they will collect fees to delete, yet likely hide assets as everyone will be suing them!

peepleCLASSACTION.com is it registered already?

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

I will start by adding every congressman and women to the list.

However, this will bring online bullying to a whole new level. Then this will lead to new legislation to get rid of anonymity in the internet and account verification for everyone.

I wonder when the first suicide and school shooting will occur from this?

Sad world we live in where we have the capability to create such amazing technology but end up utilizing it for such stupid and pointless things at the same time.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Something about this seems illegal in some way...right? I mean, I'm a pretty good person and have "peeps" who would stick up for me, but I've also had people go for my jugular, bully types, and I can see how they would gleefully put in a bad review then share it with all their (and my) friends: damage done before I even know it or can respond.

Makes you wonder if people who think of apps like this have souls...

- AB
edit on 2-10-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Serious question...

I barely have a presence on social media.

So,

Anyone can type my name in this new web site and rate my humanity, morals and actions from a level 1 - 10 ?

edit on 2-10-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

one will have the ability to delete a profile on them. I am betting some sort of fee will be involved.

A site that enables harassment of private individuals? Indeed they will collect fees to delete, yet likely hide assets as everyone will be suing them!

peepleCLASSACTION.com is it registered already?

Don't we pay millions against this cyber hack???? Isn't this a crime???????

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I can't believe this is legal.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

As of Monday, the company’s shares put its value at $7.6 million.

Crazy.

And I can't see this turning out well, but some people will get rich off it.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The potential for abuse is so great. People will not even know they have a profile and yet could suffer the consequences of a malicious profile.

Try actually reading the article you post....

Positive ratings post immediately; negative ratings are queued in a private inbox for 48 hours in case of disputes. If you haven’t registered for the site, and thus can’t contest those negative ratings, your profile only shows positive reviews.

So simply do not register, what is so hard about that?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

And when it gets hacked and all the data is released?

Or when someone registers for you?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The app is only for iPhone users, so I consider it a form of karma..

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The potential for abuse of this app is insane in my opinion.

Social media and what not is widely over rated.

I choose privacy over open exposure any day.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I truly hope this diabolical premise will finally break the vise grip of social media on modern life.
And if it doesn't, I will use it to be unmerciful to the idiots who came up with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Sounds pretty simple to me. The problem is, some people will want to register so THEY can post nasty stuff about people. So I guess it's karma. If you want to complain about someone, its only fair if someone can complain about you!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
After reading the article.....them two chick's in the pic, became the most scariest chick's I've ever seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join