It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on my Child's school *credible threat level for tomorrow 9/27/15*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok I live in one of the smallest towns in America. Not even considered a town but a village. Just got a school reach message sent to my phone that there was a gun threat to my son's school and more importantly his class for a shooter event tomorrow.

Do I take him in or keep him home? The message said that there will be a heavy police presence all this week at his school.

CRAZY!

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Why do you need to ask?

Keep your child home!

edit on 27-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the 28th. I wouldn't think class would be in session if the threat was credible.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Pisses me off, I have 3 other teens here from his class that told me there were rumors about this in the locker room last week but they thought the kid was just full of Bullsheets. Evidently the school does not know who the supposed shooter is, just the threat, so trying to call the school there is NO answer, no way to even leave a message.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I would keep my own son home, I think. I guess the thought of 'What if something happened, and I could have prevented it by keeping him home," would be the thought to win out in the end.

Hope that somehow helps you to make a decision!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well that was my first knowing, but pull him out for how long? He is in a program for scholarships and attendance is important. LIFE is far more important! I am steaming right now, head filled ready to pop.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Oh no, that's awful, especially for a village - you'll probably know who the 'shooter' is. Don't think twice, keep him at home all week.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That or go park my ass at the schjool outside his class rooms, lunch and cafeteria.
This just happened so I came here to get some advice until I can calm down and think logically

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: seeker1963

Well that was my first knowing, but pull him out for how long? He is in a program for scholarships and attendance is important. LIFE is far more important! I am steaming right now, head filled ready to pop.

You're the parent. Keep your child home as long as you feel safe that they are safe. Didn't mean to be a wise ass, but if I thought my daughter would be in harms way for going to school? It would be a non issue to me! I am her parent and not the school nor the police. If the school issued a possible threat? Keep your child at home until the STATE can assure you they will be safe!
edit on 27-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sounds like you need to keep the kiddo at home.

And the school should accommodate it as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ughmmm. Keep the kiddo home. Call 911.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Definitely keep him home, at least for tomorrow. No scholarship is worth your child's life. If officials had enough specific information, the police would be making arrests. The source of these rumors can be difficult to trace. There is probably nothing to it, but better to be safe than filled with regrets. We have had a couple of these rumor incidents at the school where I work, and neither led to real threats. Both times, the local rumors were local versions of the same rumors that were being spread all over the country, but if you have the least bit of intuition that it might be a credible threat, keep your student safe.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
IF there was a credible gun threat they would close the school.

Or least should.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok so we now have the reported would be shooters name. It has gone through like wildfire among parents!

OK My son just said, you remember the kid was at our house one time and you never let him come back? The kid who told you when he saw all of our cats that he had gotten a sword for Christmas and promptly cut his cat in half!!!

OMG!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
OMG!

link   

Keep him home... wth

link   

Very sketchy...

Sounds like the school shouldn't even be in session at this point like Neo said.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I believe their thought is, if they close school every time there is a rumor of a shooting, they will be closing the school every week.

If the shooter is serious, if he can't get his 15 minutes of fame at school he will find some place else to unleash his hate or madness.

After saying all that, my Mommy senses would not allow me to let my children out of sight until this was cleared up. Home schooling is really starting to be very appealing.

edit on 27-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Missing word.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
OK, so I have to know ... It sounds to me like if this threat is credible enough that everyone knows who the person in question is, the saner course of action would be to keep the person making the threats home and investigate. Isn't that what happens everywhere else in the country? If this isn't what is happening, why not?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wonder if it is just the parents circulating who they think it is.

But ya if they know who made the threat I agree with, keep him away and let day continue.
edit on thSun, 27 Sep 2015 16:54:18 -0500America/Chicago920151880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join