It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 upload to windows 7

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was presented with a windows 10 upgrade 2 months ago (window popup). I selected it and watched approximately 43,000 files downloaded. Ok, done. Now I am getting the same popup "Windows 10 is now available!" popup (what not successful or Microsoft suffered a stroke).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

What it did is download the necessary files needed to upgrade to Windows 10 and it's letting you know that. Whenever you're ready, you simply click on that and it will do the upgrade for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Currently windows 7 is still receiving update's, free uprgrade will phase out after one year but I am currenly using windows 10 and in my opinion 7 64 ultimate was far better, far, far better in my opinion and I am missing it badly now and Edge is a pain in the unmentionables but if you are a gamer it is only a matter of time before you will need 10 so may as well get it as long as you don't mind even more corporate OS level spyware than Seven ever had (the latest updates for Seven make Seven just as bad though as they include the same corporate level spyware as in 10, Cortana is the biggest piece of such Spyware in 10 though) and also note for yourself that Copy protection is a lot harder in windows 10 and some codec's no longer work so Get Media player classic home cinema edition to replace media centre as it plays anything barring a few obscure file type's and windows 10 does not have native DVD playback unlike Seven.

edit on 24-9-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

What it did is download the necessary files needed to upgrade to Windows 10 and it's letting you know that. Whenever you're ready, you simply click on that and it will do the upgrade for you.

Do I want that? I paid extra bucks to have last years latest lap top model come with windows 7 instead of 8. How do I get rid of those now unnecessary files? Do you trust windows 10?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Do I want that? I paid extra bucks to have last years latest lap top model come with windows 7 instead of 8. How do I get rid of those now unnecessary files? Do you trust windows 10?

"do you trust Windows 10?" Watch the video I linked and make your own mind up.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff
Whoa...wow and OH MY. This post of yours is an eye opener. Any one else have thoughts about this information as is very enlightening, disturbing and frightening.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Windows 10 is fine. I have been running W10 for months now. Don't believe all the hype. Windows 10 is no more or less invasive than your smartphone, if you have one. And most of those functions can be turned off on 10. Smartphones aren't usually so easy to do that with.

I highly recommend you back up your data, and tell 10 to do a clean install, saving nothing. But please make sure your machine is compatible first. Google it, and see if the manufacturer has tested it with 10, or if anyone else has done a successful upgrade. I have had a few clients who could have saved themselves some money, if they had taken precautions ahead of time.
edit on 9/24/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

How do I get rid of them, (like tick/fleas on a dog).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
I will not download 10. 7 remains my moat filled with alligators. I am not sure I have the expertize to turn off sniffer/collector functions. I don't own a smart phone so am SAFE (so far).

edit on 24-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I will not download 10. 7 remains my moat filled with alligators.

Up to you. I personally like 7 anyway, but the hype surrounding 10 is mostly sensationalized BS. I first installed it because I needed to know how to work on it, but I have come to like it, and they have finally fixed 7's network and usb bugs. It's about time. So I won't be going back to 7. If you like 7, and it's working for you. Stay with it, and run it till MS drops support for it. That's gonna be a while. So no worries.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Whoa...wow and OH MY. This post of yours is an eye opener. Any one else have thoughts about this information as is very enlightening, disturbing and frightening.

Disturbing indeed.A modern day version of Greeks bearing gifts.The best option is to use a Linux distro for surfing the internet and use Windows exclusively offline for programs that require it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So, I have some length of rope left before the final drop has deadly effect. One year you think before 7 users are forced to accept its burial?
I hate monopolies for this reason.

edit on 24-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Linux Distro needs brand itself as "NOT A sneaky TROJAN HORSE".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Linux is a open source system which means you and anyone can take a look over the code and see if it meets your need and if you find a problem then you can submit a patch and fix that hole so if you're skilled enough you can create your own OS with just what you want and pretty much need

If there was a Trojan horse then theres 1000's of people looking at the code and someone should go 'hmm....thats smells a bit fishy' which will pull in others to give it the once over and thus theres little chance of trojans etc being in your OS

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So, I have some length of rope left before the final drop has deadly effect. One year you think before 7 users are forced to accept its burial?
I hate monopolies for this reason.

I'd say more than a year. Especially the Win 7 pro. Too many corps and companies running it. They're not rolling out a new OS until they have to. So MS will keep supporting them for a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

Linux is a open source system which means you and anyone can take a look over the code and see if it meets your need and if you find a problem then you can submit a patch and fix that hole so if you're skilled enough you can create your own OS with just what you want and pretty much need

If there was a Trojan horse then theres 1000's of people looking at the code and someone should go 'hmm....thats smells a bit fishy' which will pull in others to give it the once over and thus theres little chance of trojans etc being in your OS

I think that's what the OP was trying to say. Linux should label itself in a way that sets it apart from the others. Like "NOT A sneaky TROJAN HORSE".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

Yeah, except stuff like Heartbleed or Shellshock. Still a bit better than closed source, but not by much.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Even after that....it's really not a problem to run 7, is it?
Just no support.....or updates.

I rue the day that 10 will be mandatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Distant memories of Gary Kildal's 'Basic' sold to Gates/Microsoft for 50K becomes the industry leader: DOS operating system; nothing but ruthlessness works in this high stakes environment. 8 is bad enough, 10 is better for gamers ONLY (suspicious of that audience targeting); because it is the future?

edit on 26-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join