It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rose red manison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i've seen a movie about it but i know cause my friend told me that there is such thing? in californa or somthing

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
www.prairieghosts.com...

In an interview with TV Guide, King admits that the story was inspired by the Winchester Mansion in San Jose, California. He first saw the story of the house in one of the �Ripley�s Believe it or Not� comics when he was a kid and remembered it for years after. �According to �Believe it or Not��, King recalled, �Oliver Winchester, who invented the famous repeating rifle that won the west, left a daughter-in-law with a belief in Spiritualism when he went to his reward. At one seance, Sarah Winchester asked the medium, �When will I die?� .... the medium replied, �When your house is done�.�

Thought i'd share what a quick search on google provided

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There was a special on TV that said that Rose Red mansion is actually contrived from the real life Rimbauer mansion. Ellen Rimbauer (I believe) was the mistress of the house and there was actually another fiction story based off of it called The Diary of Rose Red which is said to recount the "real life experiences" of the Rimbauer family and their servents. If nothing else, it is a very entertaining read, I had much trouble in putting it down

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The house is the Thornewood Castle. Which is located south of Tacoma, Washington.
The story of the people and such is created by Stephen King, not based on castle fact.

ABC filmed the original Stephen King mini-series movie "Rose Red" here at Thornewood Castle.

...Thornewood Castle from location proposals from 30 states and Canada. It matched almost identically all the major characteristics of the house in the Stephen King’s script (age, style, size, etc.). (Already kinda spooky, huh?)
Source

As, mentioned above, the King's story was based on Winchester Mansion.
edit on 17-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join