It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope visit to Philadelphia 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Pope Visit Week is officially upon the city of Philadelphia and while I am not religious in any way it's a very interesting and unique occurrence .

Roughly 1.5 million people are expected to travel to the city and while the Pope is not actually here until this coming weekend the impact is already being felt.

Roads are closing, security measures implemented , businesses having employees work from home.

This article does a good job of breaking it all down and includes Maps to let you know what and where you can't go....

Pope Week impact on Philly
edit on 21-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The Pope will be on the amazing mall ringed by some of the best art and science museums in the U.S. Lots more to see in Philly than the steaks or the founding fathers hangouts.

edit on 21-9-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I can't wait to not see him.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With all the prophecies and "training exercises" that'll be there for the pope I think it will be safer to stay far away.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am guessing that you have already seen the traffic forecast for the weekend in Philly:

edit on b000000302015-09-21T10:44:15-05:0010America/ChicagoMon, 21 Sep 2015 10:44:15 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am guessing the you have already seen the traffic forecast for the weekend in Philly:

It will be even worse when he comes to New York this weekend. The gridlock is bad enough when Dear Leader shows up, and no one wants to see him. Il Papa on the other hand, lines out the door.

I will be avoiding Manhattan later this week.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling about this visit.

If JFK can be "assassinated" ......so can the Pope.

If something happens to the Pope and it's blamed on "Muslim Terrorists"... guess what happens next?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

If something happens to the Pope and it's blamed on "Muslim Terrorists"... guess what happens next?

I think it would be a war started by politicians. I can't see a religious war backed by the Catholic Church.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It looks like things will slow down even more. NBC is reporting a terrorist warning that terrorist could be dressed as Police or Firefighters

NBC Terrorist as Police and Firefighters
edit on 21-9-2015 by fworkman because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think it would be a war started by politicians. I can't see a religious war backed by the Catholic Church.

I would pay money to watch these guys go running into the Caliphate:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Martyr for the sake of bringing in the Messiah? I have no idea who would do what anymore.

Seriously!

The Catholic Church (seems to me) is a political body, do you not agree? They seem to go hand in hand?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I am guessing the you have already seen the traffic forecast for the weekend in Philly:

HAHAH!!

This might be the greatest traffic diagram ever..Coupled with the Eagles loss yesterday I think their are going to be some unhappy Philly people ..lucky for me im not a football fan and Im working from home this week over the Ben Franklin bridge in NJ..

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You're not alone in that and I personally can't imagine why he chose to visit Philly; its one of the most crime ridden, hate filled cities in the US by all accounts. NYC is a bit more understandable......maybe its considered mandatory to go to NYC......but Philly? I honestly don't get it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

HAHAH!!

This might be the greatest traffic diagram ever..Coupled with the Eagles loss yesterday I think their are going to be some unhappy Philly people ..lucky for me im not a football fan and Im working from home this week over the Ben Franklin bridge in NJ..

Eagles fans gotta be pretty sore today, with the list of 24 NFL QBs that ALL had more yards rushing than the Eagles RBs this week.
Then the Phillies fighting for the worst record in baseball....
I will not be going east from Reading this weekend... not even to Pottstown!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What if there were a cat parade and convention in Reading this week?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think it would be even worse that it would occur on US soil....talk about starting a war quickly....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would pay money to watch these guys go running into the Caliphate:

Global pay per view event....Swiss Guard v. Caliphate. No holds barred fight to the death. Billions would be made.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What if there were a cat parade and convention in Reading this week?

Valid question.
I would head West.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They've been planning security for the visits to Philly, DC, and NYC for over two months, with the Secret Service observing his style with the crowds.

How the Secret Service, Vatican Security Are Teaming Up to Protect Pope Francis During US Visit

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Do you feel invaded by holiness yet?

I absolutely dread it whenever a president decides to "grace" our fair city with his presence (don't care who, even one I voted for). It makes the traffic impossible!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join