It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When, does life become valuable?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Im not disrespecting you and there's no need to apologise. You did well to try and explain your post, you were obviously smashed.
You fought for your country, I think that's enough reason to drink.

I think though, disrespect goes along the lines of, and I quote from the cookie OP- 'Im as crazy as two mongaloids screwing a door knob'. What does that even mean anyway?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: namelesss

Well I am a veteran so I did join the army, and I did go to war so I guess I'm pro birth sure, I believe there are reasons to go to war and though I wish war was not a part of our reality it is and because it is we need to be well defended and always frosty.

Your other point about subjectivity is fine, it's all subjective fair enough. I just wanted people to argue my logic and to critique it, I'm not saying to legislate abortion I do not believe that my views supersedes others views I'm just merely explaining my reasoning and asking that it be challenged, anyway thank you for your post. Welcome to ATS

~~~ Thank you for your welcome.
After Yahoo Answers, this is a rare breath of fresh air.
The troll infestation has not (yet)... infested! *__-
As far as your 'reasoning' goes, if those are your 'beliefs', reason has nothing to do with it!
So it would be an ignorant absurdity to attempt to criticize a 'belief' logically.
Different ballparks!
Different worlds! *__-
Nor do I feel any need to 'change your mind'!
One Perspective is as valid as the next.
I don't think that ANYONE takes abortion frivolously.
We do what needs to be done.
Often, that is a Painful experience.
Please, do not assume 'free-will'/'choice', and, thus, the insanity of 'judgment'.

Nice to meet you. *__-
With Love

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen
Something to do with playing Fantasy Football?

edit on 19-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

Its not a term Im familiar with.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The term is a military term but with far more offensive words it just means really crazy or jacked up, but is offensive but I directed it at myself and you are taking that out of context, much like that whole thread, there are indeed quite a few folks who did understand what I was speaking about so equating it to drunk ramblings is condescending and pretentious. If you don't get archetypes or theory of mind that's not my problem, you should invest more time reading or not. Just take your hatchet and move on.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

A military term. That makes sense.

I didn't take anything out of context, that it was directed at yourself doesn't make it any less derogatory. You said I was disrespecting you, I gave you an example of disrespect from something you yourself said.

Im sorry but that OP was rambling and a lot of people totally missed your point. You even conceded you were too drunk to reply in the end.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

The term is a military term but with far more offensive words it just means really crazy or jacked up, but is offensive but I directed it at myself and you are taking that out of context, much like that whole thread, there are indeed quite a few folks who did understand what I was speaking about so equating it to drunk ramblings is condescending and pretentious. If you don't get archetypes or theory of mind that's not my problem, you should invest more time reading or not. Just take your hatchet and move on.

I don't think so, as A NOT AT ALL *common* military term used to express battle fatigue or a 'routine saying' among the military to reference that condition, perhaps out side of the Marines or the Air Forces nomenclature for 'jacked up' (even really jacked) NEVER HEARD OF. You could poster boy the phrase though; as the first to use it and claim it as common (if so speaks terribly of the morals of those serving).
edit on 21-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You're not pro-life

You're anti-choice

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Is that a response to me? I'm not asking for a political opinion I am asking for a philosophical dialog, thanks for your input..

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Life becomes valuable when the soul enters the living body.

I am pro choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have enjoyed your pov

truth is that people do not respect freedom

if tomorrow we made it a law that any parent could kill their children under 18 then we would have a lot less children at that point simply because of the lack of value

edit on 21-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What exactly is a soul and how do you know when it enters the body?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Once again pro choice or life whatever, I am asking for philosophical logic and dialogue not a political partisan view.if you want my political view I guess I'm pro choice because I do not believe my viewpoint supersedes others rights and that I should change the law, picket poor mothers at the clinic, or gestapo like black boot oppress the people, but philosophically I have outlined why I see it as wrong, and ive outlined that dialogue and that's how I formatted this thread,and that is where I wish for critique or rebuttal. Thank you ma'am for your opinion
edit on 21-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

The soul is you essence is what makes you human and what you are and what gives intelligence to the living brain in order to make the human body whole.

Usually a soul know if a fetus is to become full term or will not waste its time adding intelligence to the living brain.

When the child takes its first breath of air the soul already has bonded with the child, but it will spend time with the fetus when the brain starts to mature in the womb.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What evidence do you base this on?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Nothing in my post is political in nature, but spiritual obviously you can not differentiate neither because that is not what you want, so you are looking for a debate on abortion, good luck I hope you find somebody that will give you what you want.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

it comes from my own experiences and only me can speak off, I had an out of body experience during major surgery and what I witness during that time change my life for ever, I will never see religion and life the same again and for me death is nothing but a stage.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Saying life becomes valuable when the soul enters the body, then following up with I am pro choice sounds very political highly solipsistic, yea not really what I was looking for, you are wrong. Cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
as long as it is attached to either a mother or an incubator it is up to the will of the parent or electric grid. that determines the "value" of life.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I am a women been pro choice is my right to decide what I want to do with my womb and my body without the intervention of anybody else but me, if people dedicated more time to take care of their own problems they will not need to spend time making decisions for others peoples choices, that is one of the biggest problems with humanity everybody love to dictate what others should or not do.

That is what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join