It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal advice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I know, I know, trust me I know....

Here's the thing, I'm looking for some legitimate insights on either identifying the source of a phenomenon or if one can obtain proof of paranormal happenings, how best to go about it?

When it comes to these types of threads I am usually the first to scoff a bit so it's a little of center for me to post this. Further, it's a personal experience happening to my wife and I so it's even that more uncomfortable sharing. It's not that the experience is negative, only that I don't want to much of my personal crap on the inner webs.

I've been hearing music, loud audible music, not always the same coming from my daughters room. For awhile I brushed it off as something in my head, like when you listen to music and hours later you can still hear it loudly in your mind. Than the other day my wife mentions something to me about the same experience. She certainly got my attention but I didn't really engage in much discussion about it, just merely took note.

The night before last we were both on the couch and I told my wife the baby must be up because I can hear her music bear. She said, there's no music playing to which I heartedly disagreed, in fact I made a comment about her being deaf.

She gets up and walk into the room and when she opens the door the sound level doesn't change. So I immediately think to myself, crap am I really just hearing that. Even when she was in the room I could still hear it but she couldn't but it certainly would have been louder with no door obstruction and it wasn't. Strange.

Last night both on the couch and last night we both heard it. It continued for a while maybe 5-10min than stopped for both of us.

It sounds similar to a music mobile for a baby sometimes and other times it's similar to an old monogram record players.

How does one go about recording this?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Whenever you get a thread like this, you get a massive response of people telling you its all just in your head.

Then, if you start a thread about contacting paranormal entities (demonic) from outside this world, you end up getting a massive response saying that s# is so real and shouldn't be messed with.

Seriously, who knows?

I'm kind of just on the fence, personally. Never witnessed anything supernatural myself, so my first instinct is to say BS. But then again, existence and the world as a whole is a total mystery & enigma to me... So WTF would I know, either way?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Last night both on the couch and last night we both heard it. It continued for a while maybe 5-10min than stopped for both of us.

Thats a little corroboration. First off, theres a Teddy that plays electronic music? Can you confirm that the music you hear is exactly the tune the bear plays? These things are notorious for aberration and for playing "tinny" for instance, when the batteries are low or just in general.

Pull the bear, pull the batteries and see if it stops?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

If it is quiet in the room, and your brain is used to having background noise, it could be creating what it is missing. There is a clinical name for this although it alludes me at the moment.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

yeah, make an experiment,... turn off all of your electronic devices, take out the batteries of every possible source of sound (even if implausible) and you will see...

or try a recording device, like an iPhone or whatever and see whether there is anything upon evaluation ... that way you would found out whether the sound is actually there or it's just within your head... (use headphones when listening to the record as the sounds may be very subtle)

fill us in with the results afterwards
cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Best thing to do is try to record the sound. Sound is a physical phenomenon, so if it is happening it will be recorded.

If nothing records, it's in your head. What to do after that is up to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm very science minded & would normally arch a brow at such posts however I recently went to Waverly Hills and had a life changing experience which I truly need to make a thread about but don't want tomatoes thrown at me but I know what happened to me.

I agree with everyone else. Use your phone & record it. Also, listen with headphones and maybe you'll hear something even more than just the music.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Maybe it's a related grandparent who has crossed over and is giving comfort to your child? Find a medium and see if they can't tap into what's going on.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
To answer a few points.

It doesn't always sound exactly like the teddy. When the wife walked in she didn't hear a thing but it was the closest thing to clear hearing for me without actually making out the tune.

Also there are times she hears it and I don't other times I hear it she doesn't and last night we both heard it together.

Yes, this house was built 3 generations ago by her grandfather and both her grandmother and grandfather has passed.

I can try recording it but it's random but typically at night around 8-9pm. I would have to wait until I hear it, sneak in and record. Not saying it's impossible but not sure if it would actually record the sound.

If we both hadn't heard the music, I'd thought nothing of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I guess I'm more curious on validation than I am on actual recordings. Proving to others is far different than validating the experience for myself. It's the latter I seek.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whisper67
I'm very science minded & would normally arch a brow at such posts however I recently went to Waverly Hills and had a life changing experience which I truly need to make a thread about but don't want tomatoes thrown at me but I know what happened to me.

I agree with everyone else. Use your phone & record it. Also, listen with headphones and maybe you'll hear something even more than just the music.

I'd be curious to hear the tale.

I'm typically sceptic with ghost stories, but to hear a clear tune is baffling to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Best thing to do is try to record the sound. Sound is a physical phenomenon, so if it is happening it will be recorded.

If nothing records, it's in your head. What to do after that is up to you.

If it's just in my head I'd simply enjoy it. I play guitar so I hear music in my head often. *shrugs* this is entirely different. The experience is shared and I didn't put anything into her head, it wasn't until she brought it up that I began scratching my head.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Yes, this house was built 3 generations ago by her grandfather and both her grandmother and grandfather has passed.

Do you ever get the sense that your girls grandpa is angrily running though the hall, trying to chase you out of his house, when you go to get a drink of water late at night in the pitch dark?

Because that would be kinda spooky...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
so basically, you want to "measure" paranormal activity.

...either the equipment doesnt exist, or you cant afford it. not as much as you would require to be a proper job of it, i mean.
edit on 17-9-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There are recording devices that stay dormant until noise occurs. A coworker of mine used one of these things to confirm that his wife was cheating on him.
edit on 17-9-2015 by eluryh22 because: typo

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No because the idea of a ghost with any resemblance of what they once were is lost on me. I find the idea of inner-diminsional beings more probable than a spooky representation of oneself.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

...either the equipment doesnt exist, or you cant afford it. not as much as you would require to be a proper job of it, i mean.

If someone with a similar experience can validate the experience by trying this or trying that is what I'm looking for.

So let's say it is a ghost and they have a thing for playing music to a child, what other traits might take form? Small inconsistencies to look for, that sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

If someone with a similar experience can validate the experience by trying this or trying that is what I'm looking for.

So let's say it is a ghost and they have a thing for playing music to a child, what other traits might take form? Small inconsistencies to look for, that sort of thing.

try knocking? and by that, i mean some recording equipment and a ouija board.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No because the idea of a ghost with any resemblance of what they once were is lost on me. I find the idea of inner-diminsional beings more probable than a spooky representation of oneself.

You never truly know though do you?

There might just be some scientific fact for why energy from the body can remain as same kind of spooky entity, which can metamorphose into an empty shell of there earthly angry emotions, probably at around 3am in the morning.

You never know man... just saying.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This maybe a little off the cuff but I feel it may help, as I have had something similar.
Do you have any close relatives that have passed recently, or a relative that had a simple kindness to children that has passed? I ask because you say it is not negative and children do have an ability with persons who have passed on. Maybe someone is caring after your child whilst they are sleeping.
Let it pass but monitor the situation.
How does your house feel as a whole? Is it warm and comforting? Do you have a sense of peace in you house? If you answer yes then you have nothing to worry about and it will fade out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join