It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

johnwick, I live!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I updated my thread about my surgery, but wanted to make sure that my friends and enemies alike know, I survived!!!

First things first
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now as promised

Before

After

With my girl

Finally, I had a reason to ride one of these, I always wanted to!!

And of course, the main event

Thank you all for your words, your support, and even the kicks to the nutz, and light hearted jabs. ...except for you sublime....I had a nightmare the night before about spiders in my open wound...

In short, I am on the road back to physical health, and I appreciate all of you.

ATS is my online family, and you guys all treated me like it, when my now obviously irrational fear had me crapping my pants.

Now I'm about to take my meds and pass back out I think, only a couple more days and I can stop taking them I hope.

Vicodin 7.5.....it is kicking my butt, like I get drunk once every 4 hours.

See you guys again soon!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
rock on dude! its always sketchy goin under the knife......heres to a speedy recovery!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Congrats on not croaking on us

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've a scar similar to that when I got my appendix out ..

Heres to a speedy recovery

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

.except for you sublime....I had a nightmare the night before about spiders in my open wound...

That line caught my eye so i had a look as any good ATSer would and found this , just to bring back memories i will paste .

Toughen-up princess and try not to imagine a spider accidentally dropping into your open incision whilst you're out cold and the surgeon is chatting up the hot nurse - even worse, don't think about spidey hatching babies inside you some time later.

Way to ramp up to fears sublime .

Seriously though , glad it all went well .

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
I've a scar similar to that when I got my appendix out ..

Heres to a speedy recovery

I've got a scar similar to that. I'll just let that one remain a mystery.
May just be a squirrel bite

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Remind me to never annoy a squirrel in ur part of the woods!!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Your surgeon was crap, that scar is huge. Laparoscopic appendectomies are almost invisible.

I'm finding it difficult to say anything positive about surviving an appendix operation because most people do that in what's called a "day surgery". You go in the night before so they know you don't eat anything and they put a restriction on fluids.

After you've had the 12 hours of observation it's a slice and extraction that a med student could do, and before noon that day you can be out for a smoke or having a light lunch in the cafeteria. Unless you had a rupture, which is now fairly rare, you would be home within 24 hours to recuperate.

I might be missing some data here, but you don't need an electric scooter for mobility, and whoever put you on that much Vicodin should have their scrip pad taken away. You don't require the hydrocodone when acetaminophen alone would do the job as an analgesic. Take as few opioids as you can, they can easily slide into an addiction.

Take your antibiotics as prescribed, take less of the pain medication than prescribed, even if you need to feel some pain for a while, it won't kill you. Power through this like the strong man you are.

I'll follow this thread, not because of my input, but out of a concern for you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

(I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV)
edit on 17/9/2015 by anxietydisorder because: Put in a curse word not accepted by ATS

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder
Your surgeon was crap, that scar is huge. Laparoscopic appendectomies are almost invisible.

I'm finding it difficult to say anything positive about surviving an appendix operation because most people do that in what's called a "day surgery". You go in the night before so they know you don't eat anything and they put a restriction on fluids.

After you've had the 12 hours of observation it's a slice and extraction that a med student could do, and before noon that day you can be out for a smoke or having a light lunch in the cafeteria. Unless you had a rupture, which is now fairly rare, you would be home within 24 hours to recuperate.

I might be missing some data here, but you don't need an electric scooter for mobility, and whoever put you on that much Vicodin should have their scrip pad taken away. You don't require the hydrocodone when acetaminophen alone would do the job as an analgesic. Take as few opioids as you can, they can easily slide into an addiction.

Take your antibiotics as prescribed, take less of the pain medication than prescribed, even if you need to feel some pain for a while, it won't kill you. Power through this like the strong man you are.

I'll follow this thread, not because of my input, but out of a concern for you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

(I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV)

It was a hernia operation.

Not an appendix operation.

Actually the surgeon did a great job considering...

It is a very rare hernia on the lower right side, the was recurrent from one in the same area when I was born.

There was considerable scar tissue that had to be removed, and it was in a very delicate area, because it had pushed through into my testicular tube, right by the nerve for my right testicle.

If not done correctly, the scar tissue would be able to build up around the nerve, causing me to either have to have the testicle removed, or feel like i'm am being kicked in the right testicle nonstop the rest of my life.

Mobility is a huge issue, I can barely move!

My recovery is expected to be at a minimum 2 weeks, but most likely 4 to 5 weeks.

There is significant swelling, and I can't stand up straight without being in severe pain..... About a 6-7 on my pain scale.

It is extremely painful to most people from what the surgeon told me.

I don't like pain meds, but am going to take one every 4 hours for the first 2-3 days as recommended, then will only be taking ibuprofen, I don't even like taking ibuprofen, but the inflammation is extensive.

I have to go back in 2 weeks to make sure, everything is healing right, and make sure the mesh and the mesh plug blocking my testicular tube are holding correctly .

Otherwise, I will have to have my right testicle removed, or suffer lifelong chronic pain.
edit on 17-9-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You lucky bugger a mobility scooter!!!
Pimp that ride up dude!!.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

My brother from another mother returns.......if the scar develops a lump that wriggles, PM me, I may know what it is.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

My brother from another mother returns.......if the scar develops a lump that wriggles, PM me, I may know what it is.

Cheers.

dammit boy.....that's just mean.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hells to the YES buddy!

Nice to see you made it boss!

Enjoy your recovery and take it easy, we are here for ya.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Cheers.

Brrr.....(shudders uncontrollably)......

If that happens I'm just going to die of a heart attack!!!!

Right after messing my self

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: anxietydisorder

Wow, your bedside manner needs a make-over!

WTG, Wick. Put some A&D ointment on that scar and it will help reduce appearance. Or, accept the scar as a lifeline of honor and wear it proudly.

Be well!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: anxietydisorder

Wow, your bedside manner needs a make-over!

WTG, Wick. Put some A&D ointment on that scar and it will help reduce appearance. Or, accept the scar as a lifeline of honor and wear it proudly.

Be well!

My girl doesn't mind, I got scars all over already, so I'm not worried about it.

She even stayed to take care of me all day and night, and day again today.

We are laying in bed looking at camo.... Country girls are so hot!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I am very glad that you are okay...

That being said wouldn't it make sense to keep your life journal in one thread?

You might as well write a thread every time you use the toilet too.

Seeing your post makes me want to author a thread on narcissists who refer to themselves in the third person. Your thread titles are almost as bad as Jesse Ventura's!

Next time you post a thread like this I'm going to U2U you about my hemorroids.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

No need to U2U anyone, they are evidently in your brain. Oh and since you have them, you might want to learn how to spell them...hemorrhoids

edit on 17-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I am very glad that you are okay...

That being said wouldn't it make sense to keep your life journal in one thread?

You might as well write a thread every time you use the toilet too.

Seeing your post makes me want to author a thread on narcissists who refer to themselves in the third person. Your thread titles are almost as bad as Jesse Ventura's!

Next time you post a thread like this I'm going to U2U you about my hemorroids.

Lol, next time you try to be a douche to me, I'm going to verbally bitch smack you.

Nobody told you to read it, and I obviously couldn't give # what you like.

How about you don't be that guy, and I won't be the guy I normally am, and I will continue happily on doped up on my pain meds for the next day or 2.

Sound like a deal pumpkin?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Lol, next time you try to be a douche to me, I'm going to verbally bitch smack you.

Not with those girly arms of yours

Nobody told you to read it, and I obviously couldn't give # what you like.

Trust me I regret clicking it but I'm a sucker for punishment

How about you don't be that guy, and I won't be the guy I normally am, and I will continue happily on doped up on my pain meds for the next day or 2.

Hope you don't get dope sick...be very careful with those meds.

Sound like a deal pumpkin?

What's in it for me??????

To be honest I was mostly poking fun at you but your reaction indicates that you are not aware that this is an open forum with people from all walks of life so you are going to get the odd disagreement from time to time.

Didn't mean to mess up your buzz, Buttercup.

<<   2 >>

join