It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia steps up military presence in Syria.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It would be better for the war to end quickly there, no matter whether Assad wins or the rebels (just anyone but IS).

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Oh they'll send a pilot or troops to be slaughtered to piss us off.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There have been quite some discussions between Putin, Merkel and Hollande, i welcome every attempt to stop this madness and thus fight against the jihadists on Syrian soil.
Besides the US, i'm very curious what the reaction of the wahhabi regime in the gulf states will be, they want to have Assad ousted.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So Iran is bombing the Kurds. Germany is helping the Kurds. Russia and Germany are being friendly about this but so are Iran and Russia. Seems like strange bedfellows
edit on 15-9-2015 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

In a word, yes.

Assad is no angel, but attacking him and the Syrian army us only allowing ISIS to grow in strength. The people who have gained land back from Isis are.... the Syrian army, not the US and it's ineffective bombing campaign.
edit on 15-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
afganistan
iraq
lybia

they tell us the US strategy is wrong and people there have no use for democracy. let the dictators in power!

also i think it's time to let EU and russia take the leading role in the ME.

side note: see, EU and russians have some form of coalition again. bet the US is very angry about that. guess the US will order their puppy regime in ukraine to cause some trouble once more to depart russia from EU.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Well, maybe Obama should change tack and work with Putin.

Quite frankly if the US tries to bomb Assad held territory, I wouldn't blame Putin for allowing the Syrian army and his own forces to blow them out of the sky.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: markosity1973

How about all those war crimes committed by Assad? will we still get to see him in an international court for his numerous war crimes against the brutal torture and killing of his own people before and after the civil war?

Sure, how about putting him right besides Obama, Abbott, and others in the coalition who've been violating Syria's sovereign borders, and attacking Syrian soil? Those actions are declarations of war and legally Syria is entitled to retaliate. Has it? No..so whose the real bad guys now? Yeh, that's what I thought...things aren't so black and white like the media has trained your brain to think since a young age.
And I'm not saying Abbott etc are the bad guys.

How about the war criminal western leaders who invaded Iraq in 2003?

How about Obama for all the drone strikes in many countries, killing thousands of people? Since when is it acceptable and part of International law and norms, to go around dropping missiles on people? Or does the whole war on terror give the USA carte blanche to go around the planet killing people?
Again, war criminals who should all be put on trial and executed.

Are you going to call for that to happen too? Or just the enemies of the US of A as detailed to you in your indoctrination training by the corporate media mind control aparatus?

Things aren't as black and white as you think.
The masses are stupid dumb brainless sheep who gave up thinking for them selves long ago. That's why they are so easily convinced by the corporate media.
They aren't even trying anymore to trick you, they are just telling you outright bullsh**, that anyone who looks into can figure out it is bullsh**. But the masses, the majority, still accept it as the truth.
Because you are brainwashed. You are addicted, you are reliant, on what they feed you.
Take away your iphone/android phones, take away your internet, take away your facebook, instagram, snapchat and twitter, your tv, and people will go crazy, there'd be riots in the streets and civil order would collapse over night.

People on ATS keep talking about the NWO being brought in...wake up, it's already been brought in. You are living in it. They just kept you busy while they pumped out disinfo and misinfo, kept you busy with bogus conspiracies, crap about things on mars or the moon, planet X, pole shifts, and other nonsensical stuff that only fools would believe.

Anyway, sorry, drifted off topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Well, maybe Obama should change tack and work with Putin.

Quite frankly if the US tries to bomb Assad held territory, I wouldn't blame Putin for allowing the Syrian army and his own forces to blow them out of the sky.

If the US starts bombing Assad directly, Russia will go full throttle into Ukraine, while fortifying Tartus and Lakatia. Possibly carving out a safe haven for Assad and his minority ethnic group and loyal forces.
They wont risk direct confrontation over a dictator when there are other options to protect their interests in Syria.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
All this says to me is that Assad was far too entrenched and became a stalemate. As such, it's best now to allow Assads regime to regain control. I am sure Irans nuclear deal has something to do with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The logic is that prioritizing the fight with the jihadis means accepting Assad as the less bad option despite his own brutal acts, and might produce a more effective and coordinated fight in the air and on the ground

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm over hearing reports of the US coalition bombing Syrian government targets. Weakening the only effective force fighting ISIS in Syria is only going to produce the results we've seen - millions of refugees and a bloody, drawn out conflict.

I have difficulty in accepting that ISIS is any threat all to anyone. At best its a 40-50 000 (20k was the orginal figure I read) man rag tag army armed with little more than arm held weapons. As I understand it they have no heavy artiliary, no tanks, no planes but the US and its slave states would have us beleive it has contigents and cells of soldiers alomost all around the world.

People seem to forget that the US tried to get rid of Assad once before accusing him of all sorts of hinous crimes. Remember all checmial attacks he is supposed to have launched on his own poeple?

Russia stepped in and said no the US.

So now, Russia has an enemy on its doorstep and a new highly convienient enemy has appeared just in time to suit the US right down to the ground.

We are supposed to beleive that the US lost and abonded its desire to throw Assad out and his in fact now deperate to help Assad stop the latest barely visisble minute army from attacking Sysria. We are supposed to belive that now the US cares so much for Assad and Syria that they and their slave states have decided to defend Sysria againt tihis rag tag army with such despearation that they did bother asking Syria or Assad if they even wanted the US's help in getting rid of ISIS Bin laden.

Why has not the most powerfull military and intelligence and dipomatic force the world has ever seen, seem to be incapable of throwing out a, shall we say, 50,000, man rag tag army out of Syria. Why has it failed so vary miserably that its had to call upon its slave (partner) states to help after supposedly bombing ISIS bin laden for what is now, 12 months??? Even the Australians are helping them now!

What the freaking hell has Syria ever done to Australia for fxyz sake. Oh I know, we have an alliance (sevant) relationship with the US, thats why we're there.

If the US thinks it can convince people that ISIS bin laden is real and it, itself no longer has any interest in getting rid of Assad, the US Goverment must think the people are stupid, and I for one happen to think the people are as stupid as the US govt thinks they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I want the killing to stop on all sides and I don't care how its done but lets have it done quickly. This has been going on long enough. I blame all the governments for sitting on their asses and doing nothing while people are being murdered on both sides.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I want the killing to stop on all sides and I don't care how its done but lets have it done quickly. This has been going on long enough. I blame all the governments for sitting on their asses and doing nothing while people are being murdered on both sides.

I agree, no matter what nation or belief system, everyone deserves a safe homeland to grow and raise their families.

Assad may not be the best leader but he ran a place where everyone knew the rules and could live a life that was normal for Syria. I've even seen photos of an Australian female tourist at the ancient temple in Palmyra wearing a singlet and shorts just a few years ago.

The place seemed fairly safe and normal to me until the Arab spring swept through.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Strikes me we ought to be very grateful for Russia helping to fight ISIS. The progress made in this fight is pathetic despite our supposed superior technology and we obviously need considerably more help.

Apart from the fact I suspect ISIS is purely a tool for some 3rd party's agenda, with the Russians working there and their technology we will pretty soon identify who is arming and helping ISIS and I doubt President Putin will have any qualms in telling us.

Further more anything that helps the people in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere who are suffering from this warfare it a good thing, shame its taken so long to happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Turkey won't like the RU troops fully operational to their south.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Give me a break. CIA provocateurs are the reason for a 4 year long civil war... yea right. Can't you just admit that the Syrian civil war is because Assad is a horrible tyrant? Instead everyone paints hims as this passive victim of the CIA.

The CIA is horrible BUT this civil war won't end as long as Assad is in power PERIOD

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The CIA is horrible BUT this civil war won't end as long as Assad is in power PERIOD

It is exactly this line of thinking that is keeping the war going.

The major organized force opposing Assad is ISIS. Do we really want to let them win and create another Afghanistan or Iraq?

I say help the Syrian army beat back ISIS with a stick, hold Assad to his power sharing promise and let the people of Syria phase him out via elections if they want.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

and when ISIS is pushed out and defeated Assad is not going to give up power and he has stated as much.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But he has said he will share power, and that is a start.

While we debate about helping the only man who has had any effectiveness in fighting back ISIS, the every day citizen of Syria suffers. They were able to live I safety before this uprising and I put to you that Assad is no worse than say the regime in China that nobody dares to try and unseat.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looks like Russia is going to help the Assad regime secure Syria against various threts wether from the rebels or ISIL. There is also a call for other countries to send aid to the Assad regime. Looks like they are building a base, perhaps the first of many to come. . . .

Russia ignoring NATO, expanding activity in Syria

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join