It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbott is out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Apologies up front, Im on my phone and can't link.

But, Malcolm Turnball is contesting the Liberal Party leadership because Prime Minister Tony Abbott ' has not being capable of providing the economic leadership our nation needs'

I was having a bad day but this made me laugh out loud. Bye bye [SNIP]!

I don't even care if it means the Libs win again next election, I just want that zealot to know he was never Prime Minister material. Minister for Women. Yeah right.
edit on 14/9/2015 by Gemwolf because: Snipped vulgarity.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is becoming the norm for Australia. Kevin to Julia, Julia back to Kevin and now possibly Tony to Malcolm. I wonder if we'll ever have a prime minister run full term again.
There wont be any difference, their all jokers.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Title seems very misleading. Contesting the leadership doesn't mean Abbott is out. They have tried getting Abbott out like 5 times now and it hasn't succeeded yet, I doubt it will work this time.
edit on 14/9/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Woohoo, Abbot is a schmuck.

Seriously, he makes decisions based on his backward religious views from his days as a Jesuit priest.

He refuses to allow any movement on gay marriage, he stubbornly backs Coal Mining and reduces any funding for renewable resources. He's arrogant and never listens to the people, his staff or his advisers.

Time to go you douche.

Malcolm back in the day wasn't wise enough in my opinion. The people didn't trust him.

But he's been on the right side of many debates in the last few years and his following has grown.

He wouldn't mount a challenge unless he was solid on his numbers. I am hoping for a Malcolm win.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

5 times?

I can only remember one vote and in that vote no one challenged him and his numbers were very poor.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

As much as I'd like it to be true, but your headline is premature.

Yes, Malcolm is challenging; the vote is expected to be tomorrow.

Malcolm will make a better Prime Minister and representative of the Australian people than Tony, but that is not really much of a high bar to clear.

I suspect it won't make much difference in the next election. It'll be close I suppose, but I still expect Labor to win back into Government.

Maybe the Malcolm will close the gap enough that they can form a minority Government like Labor did last time and then have to suffer the same rat-baggery that they dealt to Julia.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

With Bill Shorten in charge?

Not a chance i think, Abbott would have beaten shorten.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You know the good thing about this thread , it is likely the only one we will have to wade through .

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Abbot "Hopefully" Out....you mean.

Oh well, here's hoping. The lad is a total dickhead. Hopefully this will mean good things for our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I realise it's a bit premature. But a girl can hope can't she

I actually hate Tony Abbott. Strong words I know but 'coal is good for humanity'. Please lets get on with the issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
We can only hope.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Maybe misleading, but sorry I don't think its VERY misleading.

And it could very well mean he is out.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jicale
This is becoming the norm for Australia. Kevin to Julia, Julia back to Kevin and now possibly Tony to Malcolm. I wonder if we'll ever have a prime minister run full term again.
There wont be any difference, their all jokers.

It's they're. lol. just saying.

But I agree, they don't make politicians like they used to. Nowadays they're all self serving so and sos, bought before they've even got there.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

I was having a bad day but this made me laugh out loud. Bye bye Dick- head!
t.

I dont much care who is in power in Canberra these days or who the 'lesder' is. We have a two partys who lock us into choices of their making. As in all countries with a two party system (for intends and purposes) they are just two wings on the same brid of prey. The are both owned and contolled by the NWO.

stange how these people are going to give us a referundem on inlcusion of a reference to aboriginals in the Constitution but we are never able to demand one, even though they are supposed to be our sevants.

There are 3 generations of Australians that have never had a say in setting the speed limits on the nationas freeways and highway,

Lets have a referundem on the speed limits of highyways and freeway mx next leader.

Both parties remain silent on corporate welfare, it still remains an undiscussible subject in the media and on extending the GST to share trades where the rich would have to pay tax.

If the GST was extended to share trades there would no need to extend it to currently exempt goods and services.

Perhaps the reader might like to notice now that who is leader means nothing or does it matter who is in power, there are much bigger issues than that.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Looks like the ballot is tonight .
www.9news.com.au...

Live feed in the link but i guess you all have TVs .

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I know it means nothing. I don't vote for either of our two parties.
How fast do you want to be able to go? lol

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You may just have egg on your face with this headline.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen
Bye bye Dick- head!

I find that offensive and I am getting sick of it. Not just this but all the foul language used on the internet about Abbott. Why is it ok to call him crude names but not okay for other leaders, at least not to the extent that it is used against Abbott? There are people who prefer him as leader, are they dick heads too? Is anyone who doesn't support your political slant a dick head?

BTW, I didn't vote for him, I vote independent, either major party is about 7th or lower on my ballot paper and about 50th in the senate. I'm glad the Motoring Enthusiast Party got a seat in the senate, at least you know their agenda. Can we just be decent about this?
edit on 14/9/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Im sorry but if you find the word dick-head offensive and are offended by foul language, maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

There are a number of reasons I call Tony that, trust me he has earn't that title.
I think Putin is a dick- head too if that helps.

Im pretty sure this is decent minus one word you didn't like.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sigh,,,when will we ever have a stable government to get on with the job. Now we're back to square one regardless of who leads.

Can we have one leader regardless of the vote. It's "Backwards HO!" to the Whitlam v Fraser days. There's no sustainable plan in any of the parties. All leads to "I wanna be boss hog" and the backstabbing propped up and twisted by media and the gullible.

I'm sure Turncoat "Turnbull" has done his homework like Shorty "Shorten" has and knows where the popularity lays. Will make promises and prop himself up like a true leader for the modern and future peoples of "Stayla".

Lets get real and let a PM sort their policies after a full term regardless of what party. Then.. they get voted out by the people and not a class of idiots who sook when their leader says "NO". Disloyalty sucks.

I am sure there is a class of people out there, who are most vocal, that stab at any leader. Regardless of what orginisation a person leads there is always some numbnut who is dissatified. I see it here on ATS frequently.

Crikey, get a grip. Let plans pan out. Things don't happen overnight. Get used to people saying "no". Dismiss hype. If Abbott fails after his term then vote in a better preference.

Now I'm going to chainsaw down a dangerous high tree that my wife just hugged because it might fall on my house during a westerly. My wife can vote me out if she wants but I'll save the house and kids in the long term.

Kind regards,

Bally.

edit on 14-9-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join