It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Blake mistake: NYPD releases video of him being thrown to ground

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just saw this on youtube.

Link

James Blake, apparently a retired tennis star, is standing outside. He looks like he is just minding his own business when out of nowhere a plain-clothed cop runs up and slams him to the ground.

Blake vowed Friday to "use my voice to turn this unfortunate incident into a catalyst for change in the relationship between the police and the public they serve," according to a statement. "For that reason, I am calling upon the City of New York to make a significant financial commitment to improving that relationship, particularly in those neighborhoods where incidents of the type I experienced occur all too frequently," Blake said. Mayor Bill de Blasio and police Comissioner William Bratton, in a statement, said that the incident was being investigated "to determine what contributed to the errors made, who may be held accountable, and what we can learn to prevent these mistakes from being repeated in the future."

Well I guess if you're a pseudo celebrity you can get things done. Just thinking out loud.

The worst part is, the officer has been under investigation four times for excessive force. Four?

History of complaints

Here's the video.

So why are police officers with long histories of excessive force let back out there to do the same sh## over and over again?

edit on 11-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

So why are police officers with long histories of excessive force let back out there to do the same sh## over and over again?

You got me ? Maybe because of their union; maybe because they are police officers who are supposed to uphold the laws of the land....so they have real laws protecting them while the pedestrians (you and me) only have the ability to spend a fortune on lawyers fighting some perceived injustice or the death of a loved one/dog/kid/property damage etc etc. Maybe because they are the long arm of the justice system and can do no wrong unless a really bad pesky video surfaces with their hands in the cookie jar as they just killed an innocent.. Dunno but it does suck sometimes.. Sucks for the good cops and not enough for the bad...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow , mistaken for a suspect in a credit card scam.Wonder what would happen if someone was mistaken for a serial killer ? Would they have a chance at all ?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Because of the Union and "snitches get stitches"...OOPS, I mean, code blue, or the blue shield, whatever you want to call it. Its so easy to mix up the two when they act so much the same.

Sorry gents, I know there are officers on the board. If you're reading, please detail how you have pointed the finger and stood up against the 'bad apples' in your local precent/division/whatever its called. If so, then by all means, we are out of line.

You deserve our respect and you also deserve not to be lumped in with the asshats who walk around with a badge using it as protection for committing their own crimes. Its a tough job, many are aware, and most would love to be able to look up to those wearing the badge in a good way, but its hard some times.

Until the 'blue code' or whatever you want to call it.. is torn down and expunged from the police social structure, I don't think LEOs should expect any reverence from the common populace.
edit on 11-9-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wish I could disagree with you.

But I cant.

A cops testimony is taken as fact. They aren't held to the same amount of scrutiny as us citizens.

Thank god for the prolific availability of video cameras nowadays.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

This is a very simple answer, because they believe deep down inside they are serving more than they are protecting. That thought process is a deep and unconscious one, and is being played by the highest bidder.. This is an abuse of power issue, and even police are victims of this manipulation.
edit on 12-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

You would think with so much media attention the police unions would suggest officers use only necessary force.

Especially because, just like everyone else, they have no reasonable expectation of privacy.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Psychologically, doesn't that sound slightly religious to you?
edit on 12-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No I am a atheist, but I understand that manipulation is extremely easy.. In fact 1/3 of us are hypnotically suggestible, the rest of us are dumbed down and easily agreeable, this is even more so shown when talking about large numbers. I believe what I presented is well with the modern psychology and certainly has supporting facts. I am not suggesting an all empowering nefarious force that transcends time and space, I am suggesting a government that understand these principals.

Aww, I understand what you are saying now, yes it would be nice to see the percentage of police that are Christian vs atheist, i am willing to bet my left and right testy, that the majority more than 60% even are in fact Christian, are there facts and figures in this? I'd like to see...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I wasn't suggesting anything about you, sorry if it seemed that way.

I meant that what you said about how they truly believe that they are helping, while doing the opposite..

Blind faith.

ETA

Aww, I understand what you are saying now, yes it would be nice to see the percentage of police that are Christian vs atheist, i am willing to bet my left and right testy, that the majority more than 60% even are in fact Christian, are there facts and figures in this? I'd like to see...

No religious affiliations are needed.

I was simply presenting a crude analogy.

Manipulation=Manipulation.

No need to read into it any further.

edit on 12-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yes the serving mentality,is a manipulation set forth by Christianity, so if the majority are Christians serving as police of course sub consciously they think they are serving 'god', whilst god is protecting and or otherwise not. Christianity and other religions offer this psychological difference of responsibility, which is manipulated to make those with moral responsibility able to commit indecent acts without moral compass, because After all, God decides who is righteous and who is not, who deserves punishment and who does not, and 'they' are only servants of "God".

The ultimate control mechanism, everyone meet the mask.. The goal is to find the manipulator, this is an abuse of power issue, always has been and likely unless folks wake up always will be. Anyway thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding. Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Dude, either I am intellectually inept or you are not explaining properly, please explain further thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I was making an off-hand remark. Concerning religion.

In no way was it meant to steer this conversation toward religion.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

And why should it not be steered at root causes, and be investigated as such? Until proven otherwise?

You still aren't explaining what you meant when you said," psychologically, doesn't that sound slightly religious to you".

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I meant that your post about LE's believing that they are justifying harm in the belief that they are serving a greater purpose.

Akin to religion..

So post your quandaries in philosophy and metaphysics.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You asked at the end of your post and I responded,but just for your review and the MODS, "So why are police officers with long histories of excessive force let back out there to do the same sh## over and over again? "< did you not say this?

I answered your question, and you said take it to philosophy, don't ask questions in the OP you don't want answered, or that you believe you have authority or dominion over,however they are answered.

I'll post my quandaries here, is this merely an observance forum?why should we observe and not ask why? Why should we observe without drawing conclusions, that is illogical and absurd.

Imagine me observing being beaten and not wondering why. Though you may see the fruitfulness of such a state,I see it as ridiculous and absurd, as does much of the real and practical world that surrounds you.

Why even make note of something observed, if you aren't going to draw logical conclusions?

What kind of exercise of futility are you suggesting? Seems you are acting as some kind of authority, and I'm going to reject your premise and ask that you give me a reason I should not post here; and or draw logical conclusions as any subjective observer will naturally do! Class act..

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I'm done, man.

Connect your inane ramblings to my OP or just simmer down.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You are done.. And my 'inane ramblings' have been connected, move along

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

You are done.. And my 'inane ramblings' have been connected, move along

Never saw it.

Please clarify at least 150 more times please.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well-There's one more LEO-abuse of power thread-derailed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join