It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Just 14 Years Later and College Kids Have No Idea the Reasons it Occurred.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh said that it took about 3 generations for people to forget Pearl Harbor. Here is a one-minute video asking college kids why 9/11 occurred. Looks like it didn't even go a full generation.

And no, this is not another 9/11 was an inside job or the OS is to be the everlasting truth so let's close the book on it. This is just me shaking my head at how un-informed, un-involved, un-interested, un-educated the youth are on the topic. A topic that changed the face of America, brought George Orwell out of the grave and decided foreign policy for the entire World.

And yes I used a lot of "un" words here because more and more I believe the new generation is going to be labeled as the un-generation.

As time passes, students on our nation's campuses continue to become further removed from the 9/11 attacks given their ages in 2001. This year's freshmen were only four years old that day. YAF visited the campus of George Mason University to see how much students know about the attacks and whether they think their professors should do a better job of educating them.

Some do get it so all is not lost but damn... An event that is still reverberating through the hearts and minds of so many around the World and these American students are all "Like, um, yeah, no, not sure" ...

Jude

edit on 9 11 2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The more people forget the greater the chance of another event like this happening again.

Tragic.

edit on 11-9-2015 by EA006 because: Removed content.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

In one of my college classes, (Revolutions of the Third World) My Professor taught us that 9/11 was caused by the Saudis. Sadly though, this is probably one of the few college classes in the US to actually say that.
edit on 11-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
To be fair, even the so-called "official story" version of events does not make a "reason" clear. I've long considered this to be the biggest 9/11 mystery.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

The more people forget the greater the chance of another event like this happening again.

Tragic.

But forgetting so quick by the younger generation is to be blamed on the schools, parents and just about anyone.

And is it forgetfulness or non interest?

Jude

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
To be fair, even the so-called "official story" version of events does not make a "reason" clear. I've long considered this to be the biggest 9/11 mystery.

I promised myself that I wouldn't comment on either the OS or the actual truth in this thread.

oops...

Jude

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Is it non-interest? The content i removed from the above post asked that.

I'm not sure. Perhaps the parents never kept up with events either due to conflicting information.
Maybe those too young at the time didn't realize the implications as they got older, it is what it is kinda attitude.

Have those kids ever known their country to be at peace?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To be fair. There are many, many, young people, who are aware of the world around them. Who are savvy and smart and seek to gain knowledge in all its forms. But there are many more who are happy to be zombies who are not interested in anything but Facebook, Hollywood gossip, and their phone. If we want to educate those type of people about 9/11. We need to have pewdiepie talk about it while playing a video game. Or Kim Kardashian mention it on twitter.

edit on 11-9-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by the answers considering its such a loaded question. We were given all kinds of reasons from desecrating holy land, to the terrorists not liking our freedom, to Bush paid them to do it. Is their an official reason that I'm unaware of?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like the school system is going according to plan.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh said that it took about 3 generations for people to forget Pearl Harbor.

I wonder how many would of been able to answer the why about Pearl Harbor.

I think the why question would still be up for debate on 9/11.
edit on thFri, 11 Sep 2015 16:25:36 -0500America/Chicago920153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What is your answer then?

Like bone said the question is rather loaded, there isn't really a stand alone correct answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What would you teach the children? The official story, evidence based theories or the conspirasist version in schools? Might be the reason why no one knows ( not all of course)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
to give an actual answer would students have to be taught about "Blowback". Something schools do not teach.

Follow up question should be about the iraq war 2003, they will say cuz 9/11 and will be wrong.

Or maybe they do not know because they hated us for our freedoms, since then we lost many of these freedoms.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Pretty much every single person I've met born after about 1975 is ignorant of history.
They are more concerned with being PC than being correct...
It's sad and as is with all things the mistakes of the past will be revisited tenfold if the populace remains ignorant to history...
Those who know nothing of history are doomed to repeat it....the current generation of everyone-gets-a-trophy and parents more concerned with being their kids friend than parents will doom America to the ash heap of history...
American Exceptionalism is mocked in schools as an archaic civil religion...well, this is the result.
A generation of narcissistic ignoramuses with no chance of defeating the impending storms of evil brewing in the world.
*****soapbox dismounted
-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Please tell us all why they did attack America on that day.
As far as I'm aware, there has never been a single answer, that's what these young people are stating.
They're not ill-informed, they are giving their opinion, and clearly those editing the video had an ulterior motive as to how that should be presented.

Aside from this video being an orchestrated attempt to distort perception, there are indeed a lot of young people who might not know what actually happened on that day, and you can perhaps thank the many hundreds of thousands of conspiracy theory videos on YouTube distorting reality for attention seeking agendas, tarnishing the memory of those who died for nothing more than comments and likes on their sh**ty video of paranoid delusion.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I think you just disagree with what they have been taught. Because you are excluding a vast amount of people if you feel 75 is the cut off date.
And consider anything that goes against your views as just being PC.

Exceptionalism isn't mocked, it just isn't taught as the only version of history.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes
To be fair, even the so-called "official story" version of events does not make a "reason" clear.

They hate us for our freedom, Bush said so...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Please tell us all why they did attack America on that day.

Really? And after I promised to NOT go into all of that?

I have a feeling that whatever I said wouldn't matter here anyways as certain folks will come along and take whatever side I didn't.

Jude

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Mmmmm......not exactly a man known for the truth.....or speaking coherently....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join