It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US official: 'IS making and using chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A US official has told the BBC that there is a growing belief within the US government that the so-called Islamic State is making and using crude chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria.
The US has identified at least four occasions on both sides of the Iraq-Syria border where IS has used crude mustard agents, the official said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So Under the Chemical Weapons Convention (1993), there is a legally binding, world-wide ban on the production, stockpiling, and use of chemical weapons and their precursors.

So what are we going to do? we invaded Iraq because of WMD's but will will invade due to WMD's being made by ISIS?.
I don't think so.
Or is this all BS again? I wouldn't put anything past these bastards.
Isn't it time every country on the planet fights these scumbags?.

edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the NEW news and for posting a source! I don't know why some OP's find that so difficult.

THIS does relate to the last time "chems" we mentioned. We all know when we hear about "wmds" attacks will take place. Or at least attempt to take place. The attempt failed last time, BUT the fear of ISIS is big, I don't even think most people would mind if any and all weapons were used against them. The problem I have with that, is we all know how deceptive our leaders are. No-one but them truly know what the Hell is really going on.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well , Assad has been using chlorine gas on the people for years . Oh , wait. The President says that is not a WMD . Its virtually harmless. After all, chlorine is used in bleach and other household products. I guess he just wants to disinfect the people and make it to where they all have blonde hair ?
So , no it is impossible that ISIS (or the name of the minute) has any WMDs

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Déjà vu?

Guess we better open up the check books again to get over there.
Wonder why we never talk about the 18T debt when war is involved...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sounds like a "buttering up" project.

Now the real wars start.

Those gas pipelines will get built to Europe come Hell or High Water !!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
delete Iraq/Libya and insert SYRIA this time around all all the WMD memorandi!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So when is Kerry in the UN with satellite photos of an ice cream truck...sorry I meant mobile weapons laboratory,they have used this lie twice third time lucky is it

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

What If it is true though?.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
'belief'

so much for evidence/proof anymore

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You know that possibility is there, just seems like the same song and dance that created this mess in the first place.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

ISIS has no delivery system other that conventional ammunition that I am aware of the threat is bs

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

www.wsj.com...

Opposition rebels and local residents on Sunday accused Islamic State militants of using a chemical agent in a new attack in Syria.

The attack late Friday near the city of Aleppo killed one person and wounded at least 10, residents said. It came after the U.S. said it believed Islamic State had used mustard agent against Kurdish forces in Iraq and Syria earlier this summer—the first indication the militants had obtained a banned chemical weapon.

Islamic State fighters fired more than 50 rounds of artillery in a span of two hours on Friday during the attack on the Syrian town of Marea, the rebels and residents said, alleging some of the weapons contained a chemical agent.

So all this is BS?.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The threat is certainly real against the people of Aleppo.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It would be naive to think that ISIS wouldn't be capable to build the infrastructure to produce deadly chemical weapons, infact it is safe to say that they are eager to develop such capabilities and sadly it isn't that hard to do in the first place. Compared to the blast radius of a nuclear weapon, a single chemical attack can kill millions of people within weeks all over the country.

It is fair to be overly suspicious and careful, we need to take action if they advance to that goal.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I said conventional conventional is artillery tell me can you hit London from Damascus with a 155mm shell?
edit on 10-9-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Who said they are targeting London? this is not about massive missiles.
This is about the poor sods who are living in a war zone wondering If they will be mustard gased in the night.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well if you hadn't noticed the media is trying to scare US not the people in Syria

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Have they said ISIS can fire chemical weapons to the USA? I would love to see that report.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Well I wouldn't put it past them either, though I will expect to see more from the BBC Canada than just US sources, especially after all the crap that's been on this forum, and no doubt other forum's today, tonight.
I do note though, that the use of the gas is given as being in the border regions.

In edit, let's wade through the Guff,
Egypt, North Korea, Angola, South Sudan, Syria, Israel and Myanmar haven't ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention, and Russia and the US haven't met their obligations under the convention.
Then you need to ask the question, why have they not? and who holds the high moral ground, should there be one amongst all these?
edit on 10-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Unfortunately even if it is most will be extremely skeptical and hesitant. The US and UK cried wolf too many times with the chemical weapons already, and we all know that fable.

new topics

top topics

join