It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Please don't

You're not a Christian. You don't practice anything of what Jesus preached.

You all belong to the Church of Greed. You'd rather knock down the ladder of opportunity that your ancestors climbed, than to let another immigrant climb it to have the same opportunities your ancestors had.

You'd rather label all of those refugees as terrorists than to welcome them with open arms, or with a glass of water, or with a bite of food. You don't care about anyone as long as you have yours. Right?

Why are you all so entitled? What makes any of you more special than those refugees fleeing war? What makes you deserve to live a comfortable life without the worries of war, or genocide but not them?

If we are to believe that every man is created equal then every man, woman and child have the right to seek out a better life.

There seems to be a new narrative being pushed, and that narrative is to hate on other people that are fleeing war.

That's not right.

You call it an "invasion", but I call it mass migration. The same type of mass migration that has occurred through out Human history. Just people migrating to other lands to seek out better opportunities. It's human nature. If you were in the same circumstances you would have done the same and so would I.

It's so easy to sit there and to say that they should just "stay and fight for their land". How many of you have had to make that decision? Most of you reading this were lucky enough to have been born in a nice country and none of you have had to fight in a civil war, and let me just say that voluntarily serving in the military does NOT equal staying behind and fighting in a civil war and running the risk of your family getting blown to pieces in the midst of a civl war.

This refugee/migrant hatred is getting ridiculous and I'm ashamed of my fellow Human beings that spout those sentiments.

But I still have a little hope.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That's a mighty broad brush you're using to paint there. That's going to get awfully heavy as time goes on.

Most people who identify as Christian (In the truest sense of the word)? You'll likely never know what they did for another living soul because it isn't about glorifying themselves or receiving accolades of any kind. It's about far more. There are indeed those out there that do not walk the walk of a Christian as there are in anything. It's not something unique to "The Christians".

edit on 9/10/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Well said.
Often I find people with the most anti christian messages call themselves Christians.
If the Christian God is real (isn't btw) heaven will be full of atheists and agnostics because they care for human life much more then many Christians.
They know who they are and they will be in this thread bleating.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
'Religion became a tool
For the weak to control the strong
With all these new rules and ethics
Survival of the fittest was gone.'
-scroobius pip

I see nothing new. Mass religion is (don't get me wrong here) self serving. Always has been. When you put it in the hands of those who wish to control... religion is a deeply personal thing, and should stay that way. Not used publicly, where it can turned into a weapon or a tool that can be used against you

edit on 10-9-2015 by Iconic because: Typo

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Also being a Christian means you can be an evil son of a bitch but as long as you accept Jesus it's okay.
Backward it is.

Also the Westbourgh baptist church are actually the ones who are true christians, they at least follow what is said in the bible, nopt cherry picking to back up peoples own bigotry.
edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I can absolutely agree on the religion part. Organized religion is one of the worst things that has happened to believers. Pomp and circumstance, gloating, pride, and too many more to list usually fall into that category for many different reasons but there are many folks who are spiritual who are not of the same ilk.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Also being a Christian means you can be an evil son of a bitch but as long as you accept Jesus it's okay.
Backward it is.

That is indeed a sad fact that I see all too often. Often enough that I can see why many people feel the way they do about Christians. The problem started when it was more about worshipping a man behind a podium, a building, etc. instead of Jesus. Had that not occurred we would be far better off IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

it's a disservice to people on all sides to squeeze refugees into the homes and neighborhoods of people with whom they have little to no common ground (other than being human). same religion? nope. same race? nope. same financial outlook? nope. same intellectual/spiritual forays in reading? nope. same style of dress? nope. same social order? nope. same treatment of women and children? nope. same political outlook? nope. same pecking order ? nope. nope and nope.

it's frankly like forcibly busing young men from the inner city, into an all white neighborhood in the suburbs: though it may be a nice sentiment of cross cultural and racial learning, the culture shock will be too much and the experience will degrade rapidly from there.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Mind you when they follow an evil book like the Bible I should expect them to be evil also.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Christians are the only ones worshipping the 'One True God', don't you know that?

Some grist for the mill

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Many countries have been made with immigrants and refugees.
Look into UK history and we have been accepting people from all over for a thousand years, we are a mongrel nation. 99% of our ancestors came from overseas.
It has helped the UK become great and I welcome anyone wanting to make a life here in the UK especially when there own country is a war zone.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Many countries have been made with immigrants and refugees.
Look into UK history and we have been accepting people from all over for a thousand years, we are a mongrel nation. 99% of our ancestors came from overseas.
It has helped the UK become great and I welcome anyone wanting to make a life here in the UK especially when there own country is a war zone.

let me give you an example: people arrange themselves into hunting packs that have an agreed upon world view, racial make up and culture. they migrate to areas where their views/race/etc, are most apparent in the population. so forcibly putting these people directly into the homes and neighborhoods of people with whom they don't share values, race, culture, religion, politics, etc, is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I live near Bradford and know people who have come from Syria, Iran,India,Pakistan,Poland, Russia and other countrys.
They have all come over here and accepted our way of life, they just want the same as us, to be safe and to bring their kids up in a safe enviroment.
I feel honoured that these folk want to make a life here.
Recipe for disaster is not letting people in need in.

Xenophobic much?.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

i lived in a state that was all one religion (not my religion). we had the same race, the same lifestyle (with some minor details not included), the same financial outlook, the same basic view of women and children, but my gosh the culture shock was palpable. for example, since we weren't the same religion as the rest of the neighborhood (or the state), my neighbor (bright spot in the storm) came to warn me that the other mothers were blaming everything that went wrong when the kids got into trouble, on my son. so if someone got hurt, if someone was upset that he didn't get to hit the ball or play with a toy or whatever, the other mothers would blame it on my son. and he was just 6 or 7 years old at the time

it's just what happens.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yayy...another over-generalized Christian Bash...

Ive hard time imagining your loving, open arms, OP

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh boo hoo

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Please don't

You're not a Christian. You don't practice anything of what Jesus preached.

You all belong to the Church of Greed. You'd rather knock down the ladder of opportunity that your ancestors climbed, than to let another immigrant climb it to have the same opportunities your ancestors had.

You'd rather label all of those refugees as terrorists than to welcome them with open arms, or with a glass of water, or with a bite of food. You don't care about anyone as long as you have yours. Right?

Why are you all so entitled? What makes any of you more special than those refugees fleeing war? What makes you deserve to live a comfortable life without the worries of war, or genocide but not them?

If we are to believe that every man is created equal then every man, woman and child have the right to seek out a better life.

There seems to be a new narrative being pushed, and that narrative is to hate on other people that are fleeing war.

That's not right.

You call it an "invasion", but I call it mass migration. The same type of mass migration that has occurred through out Human history. Just people migrating to other lands to seek out better opportunities. It's human nature. If you were in the same circumstances you would have done the same and so would I.

It's so easy to sit there and to say that they should just "stay and fight for their land". How many of you have had to make that decision? Most of you reading this were lucky enough to have been born in a nice country and none of you have had to fight in a civil war, and let me just say that voluntarily serving in the military does NOT equal staying behind and fighting in a civil war and running the risk of your family getting blown to pieces in the midst of a civl war.

This refugee/migrant hatred is getting ridiculous and I'm ashamed of my fellow Human beings that spout those sentiments.

But I still have a little hope.

If those refugees are willing to assimilate into these countries..... fine !

If they hold to Sharia above all other laws.....they are invaders.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is not a nice thing to say about the self perceived custodians of morals and ethics

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

ethics? i have a friend who isn't christian who thinks she's an expert on ethics.

i say the problem is not the people, it's the globalists who caused it in the first place. they need to build cities for these people to live in, rather than force them to assimilate with the existing population, when everyone knows that is just not going to happen.
edit on 10-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I will never understand all the directed hate towards Christianity. All people are flawed in one way or another and I dont see not wanting your country invaded by a religion that seeks the destruction of all of Western culture as a negative but a positive. Self preservation is supposed to be a trait inherit in all humans....obviously not

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Maybe it is the hypocrisy they show all the time? the fact they wish to deny other peoples rights because of what they believe? the threats of hell for all who isn't in their club?, they attempt to put their faith into science classes and lie in court about it?.
Oh and I hate all religion it is all man made not from God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join