It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleeing One Bad Place, Back To One You Fled from Before.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i know things have heated up in Yemen, but i didn't think that they could have gotten this bad.
here are two articles, one dated today which caught my eye and one that was dated in june that was linked from the first one.

As fighting has intensified on the streets of major migrant hubs like Sanaa and Aden, that trend has reversed itself. Ethnic Somalis who fled their war torn country in the 1990s are returning in droves, resettling primarily in the breakaway region of Somaliland, in cities like Berbera and Hargeisa. (These are cities that, in stark contrast to the Somali capital of Mogadishu, actually enjoy relative calm and stability.)
Yemen’s forgotten refugees are so desperate they’re fleeing to Somalia

plus not only are somali's going there, Yemenis nationals are going two.

this article is a little older from june, basically says prety much the same,Yemen’s ‘permanent refugees’ quest for Somaliland haven

now back to the first one, if you notice it says,

, in cities like Berbera and Hargeisa. (These are cities that, in stark contrast to the Somali capital of Mogadishu, actually enjoy relative calm and stability.)

now here we have this from may of this year.

On 11 May 2015, the Guurti, announced – apparently without consulting the National Electoral Commission (NEC), government or political parties – a two-year extension of the current government’s term, including a further postponement of the presidential and parliamentary elections due this June. The announcement prompted widespread popular protests in the capital, Hargeysa, and in the cities of Berbera and Burco. Security forces detained thirty members of the opposition (though most were later released). President Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud “Silanyo” needs to respond to the Guurti’s decision within three weeks, during which he might bring together the government, all political parties and Guurti members in a consultative forum, as Vice President Abdirahman Saylici has suggested.
Somaliland’s Guurti Sparks a Crisis

you know i've never had to flee from a war zone, but if i did i think i would know better than to go to part of a country that i left during a civil war that is less than 20 year old.

plus if things are so bad in Yemen that Yemenis nationals feel the need to go there, just what are we not hearing.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
its a great time to avoid populated areas altogether.

yet that is where 99.999% refugees all seem to be flocking to, the densest cities!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What you're not hearing is that our ally Saudi Arabia has gone all medieval Israel style and bombarded the infrastructure and family homes of Yemen because their puppet Yemeni leader was forced into exile for being a corrupt oil rich resource thieving bastard.

But the Saudi's have a nice percentage of many media outlets here in the West...

So what you'll actually hear is "terrorist rebels are killing Saudi soldiers and reaping what they sow".

It's not even a Western foreign policy failure it's all the House Of Saud.

Glad they're getting old and dying in misery surrounded by the beast they've produced.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
There is not much in the news about Yemen here either. So I am following some Yemenis on Twitter.

Here is an informative radio interview (date September 2015, english language) with Hisham Omeisy, who lives in Sana'a:

Interview with Hisham Omeisy

new topics

top topics

join