It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13.2 billion year-old galaxy found in 13.8 billion year old universe. :0

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Here is a good image of how modern science views the universe right now.
It could change in the future, but as I understand it, this is the current accepted theory.

What lies beyond the observable universe

According to special relativity, objects that are close together cannot move faster than the speed of light with respect to one another; however, there is no such law for objects that are extremely distant from one another when the space between them is, itself, expanding. In short, it is not that objects are traveling faster than the speed of light, but that the space between objects is expanding, causing them to fly away from each other at amazing speeds. According to the theory of cosmic inflation, the entire universe’s size is at least 10^23 times larger than the size of the observable universe.

Some really interesting reading on that link.

In a way I guess it is kind of off topic, but I am not sure. If I am understanding correctly, they have observed something beyond what we can normally observe with this new instrument?
Or am I just reading this wrong?

They are extending how far the observable universe is, and starting to see the results in the form of this one galaxy so far?

*ponder*

Maybe I am just confused...lol

shouldn't the little space scope be outside looking in? Everything backward in that
edit on 8-9-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
To think about it a moment, one has to wonder what the content of said galaxy is... It must have stars and planets like all the others. With such a head start on... say us for example how might it have evolved??? Does/did it have life??? The mind races.

That Galaxy might be from a different big bang.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Interesting! How do you propose it survived the big crunch that possibly proceeded the big bang? Or could it be from another universe that some how interacted with our own universal membrane and was somehow deposited/transported into our own verse?
edit on 8-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Would this supreme being need a work visa for said seasonal work? Possably this is the reason for the absentee parental guidance displayed by our creator. He cares but he just can't get the proper cosmic work permit to do anything about the initial mess.

God dam cosmic bureaucracy, then again I suppose as above so below.
edit on 8-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Well if it started small and expanded then the scope and bang are in wrong positions. Galaxies should be outer rim. Bang and radiation inner rim.

edit on 8-9-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Which type of black hole in which type universe?

There are 4 alleged black hole universes

www.einstein-online.info...

and 3 alleged big bang universes.

abyss.uoregon.edu...

No direct observation of a black hole has ever been made. That is just a fact. There are phenomena that cosmologists theorize are black holes, but that is not direct observation and there are other more plausible explanations for these objects.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Smack because: added last.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: expatwhite
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

OK, why is it a fairytale? Please can you expand a little and say why this is wrong? I am far from an expert so an alternative theory would be welcome and honestly considered.

As long as it's not "God" did it in 6 days I would genuinely be interested in your input

You laugh at 6 days but according to science, all the fine tuned forces and constants were set in less than a minute, everything that happened after that into the big bang was set and predetermined. The expansion, galaxies, planets, life.
Bowing down to your own alter doesn't make it any less laughable.

Sadly this is even less likely than believing the old testament as told by the most dogmatic Christians.

But then again ZERO proof is always super believable to the gullible masses who switched from GOD, to GOD, with a different name.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Why do we need to take an obvious UNPROVABLE thing and call it science ??

Why should we entertain all of these crackpot theories that have no hope in HELL of ever being proven ??

And why must we use this antiquated CONTROL SCHEME, that is more interested in fantasy theories than actually trying for the TRUTH.

I am continuously BLOWN AWAY that all of this continues unabated, and is yet the most obvious FARCE story telling the world has ever known.......

Always looking in the wrong directions, ON PURPOSE.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: onequestion

It happened inside of something, what is that something?

Not anything we have any way of knowing about.
So what?

So then why bother telling us how things happened, when actually diddly squat is known,

I can guarantee the smallest snippet of actual findings would shock every scientist out of their wits....that is why they have been carefully trained as to how to look at things.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

So, THEORY in science means you can actually prove that something ISN'T there, over and over again ???

And get the same insane results ???

Sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm gonna need a more in-depth reply. Can you provide the statistical probability research that lead you to that statement?

And please list the 'guesses' (didn't know assumption wasn't permitted in scientific research) and what you would state is the probable.

Thanks.

I find all this fascinating, but Science is religion with numbers and Big BIG assumptions. It's another weird scheme we've invented to trick ourselves into thinking we're actually smart, and yet, there's still starving people on the streets and pollution fog over every major city.

I mean, think about it: Humans strap themselves, literally, to massive fuel tubes and blast themselves into a great "Space" we--if we're being honest with ourselves--know nothing about, and then we're all shocked and saddened when one of those massive fuel tubes blows up and a couple dozen humans are blown to chunks.

It's pretty comical when you stop and think about.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smack
a reply to: JadeStar

Which type of black hole in which type universe?

There are 4 alleged black hole universes

www.einstein-online.info...

and 3 alleged big bang universes.

abyss.uoregon.edu...

No direct observation of a black hole has ever been made. That is just a fact. There are phenomena that cosmologists theorize are black holes, but that is not direct observation and there are other more plausible explanations for these objects.

There is as almost as much evidence for black holes as extra solar planets. The gravitational effects on surrounding matter and light as predicted is what gave away the existence of both black holes and exoplanets in the early years of their first detection.

Thats why you will hardly find anyone in astrophysics who would say they do not exist.

The fact that we've directly imaged extrasolar planets has more to do with the fact that they reflect light rather than absorb light as black holes do. But stay tuned!!!

If you want a direct image of a black hole you only need to wait a few years. There's a good chance we'll spot the event horizon of our Milky Way galaxy's super massive black hole known as Sagittarius A*

Also, the super massive black hole in the nearby galaxy M87 is also large enough and near enough that instruments to come online soon should be able to spot its event horizon.

Both the EHT (Event Horizon Telescope) and the full 64 dish ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) should be able to take an image of their event horizon.

You honestly sound like people who said exoplanets didn't exist until they actually took images of some. All of the evidence was there for them. Most educated people understood the evidence for them but "duh there's no picture".

As if radial velocity data is of lesser value….

edit on 9-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm gonna need a more in-depth reply. Can you provide the statistical probability research that lead you to that statement?

And please list the 'guesses' (didn't know assumption wasn't permitted in scientific research) and what you would state is the probable.

Thanks.

I find all this fascinating, but Science is religion with numbers and Big BIG assumptions.

Science is empirical and depends on evidence supported by numbers.

Religion only requires faith.

I realize to people uneducated who may not understand the numbers or the science may feel that they just have to have faith in them but if they wanted to they could do the math themselves given sufficient education to do so.

You can't do that with religious faith because it's untestable.

Anyone can test science and the predictions it makes about a given object or event given sufficient education to do so.

No one can test faith because faith by its pure definition is untestable in a repeatable, verifiable, empirical way.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Here is a good image of how modern science views the universe right now.
It could change in the future, but as I understand it, this is the current accepted theory.

What lies beyond the observable universe

According to special relativity, objects that are close together cannot move faster than the speed of light with respect to one another; however, there is no such law for objects that are extremely distant from one another when the space between them is, itself, expanding. In short, it is not that objects are traveling faster than the speed of light, but that the space between objects is expanding, causing them to fly away from each other at amazing speeds. According to the theory of cosmic inflation, the entire universe’s size is at least 10^23 times larger than the size of the observable universe.

Some really interesting reading on that link.

In a way I guess it is kind of off topic, but I am not sure. If I am understanding correctly, they have observed something beyond what we can normally observe with this new instrument?
Or am I just reading this wrong?

They are extending how far the observable universe is, and starting to see the results in the form of this one galaxy so far?

*ponder*

Maybe I am just confused...lol

shouldn't the little space scope be outside looking in? Everything backward in that

No because the scope and we live INSIDE the universe. Not outside of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I can guarantee

That and a penny won't buy me much.

actual findings would shock every scientist out of their wits
Actually, scientists live for being being "shocked out of their wits." Second only to proving their peers wrong about...anything. It's the first line in the job description.

BTW, have you ever had a few drinks with an astrophysicist? I have. You have no idea what lurks in those minds.

edit on 9/9/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dark subject matter.

Geddit?

edit on 9/9/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Surely if it is 13.2 billion light years away, then we are seeing it as it was 13.2 billion years ago?

How do we know it wasn't formed even earlier than that?

What's so special about it anyway? The Milky Way is just as old.....

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Actually, scientists live for being being "shocked out of their wits." Second only to proving their peers wrong about...anything. It's the first line in the job description.

^^^^^ SRSLY THIS!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Big bang never happened.

bigbangneverhappened.org...

Black holes don't exist.

youtu.be...

Highly energetic objects (quasars, galactic cores) have an intrinsic red shift.

www.haltonarp.com...

The age of the Universe is unknown, but it has probably always been here in some form or another. It did not spring out of nothingness. That is a fairytale, dreamed up by a Jesuit Priest.

Well...you have youtube videos...im convinced. Oh wait, the sceintists have verifiable data and marhs to back their "fairytales" up...

Another genius! Hey, boys and girls, if it's hosted on youtube then it must be false. Brilliant thinking!
Oh... And I must lol much at your "scientists" and their "verifiable data" on black holes being as no one has ever actually observed one. They are a mathematical fiction. Pure theory.

No one has observed an electron...we still know they exist
No one has observed the Higgs Boson directly, but we are almost 100% sure it exists (narrowing down)
We cannot directly observe many things. But we have experimental evidence and maths as part of our toolkit. And if one confirms what the other says then that is a very good sign that we are on the right track.

As Jadestar says, black holes have plenty of observbational evidence that backs up what einstein predicts. And if we are wrong about that, we will scratch it out and try to find the right result. Its what scientits do. Its what they WANT to do.

I dont blame anyone for b3eing ignorant of how science works as long as they take on board what people who DO know say on board. Please dont be ignorant.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Surely if it is 13.2 billion light years away, then we are seeing it as it was 13.2 billion years ago?

Correct.

How do we know it wasn't formed even earlier than that?

Because the redshift of the light tells us precisely how far away it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join