It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Out Alive; The Autumn Veatch Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This past July, there was a small plane that disappeared in the Cascade Mountains, in a remote and rugged region. It wasn't far from my home and I followed the story with interest, since in addition to an older couple, a sixteen-year-old girl was also on the plane. My daughter is the same age, and being familiar with that area, I knew that if she were alive, that her struggles were just beginning.

Amazingly, Autumn Veatch DID survive. She hiked for over two days through some of the most rugged mountains in the country to find her way to safety. Tragically, her step grandparents did not survive.

I had the honor of interviewing Autumn, and hearing her whole story first-hand. With her permission (and parent/guardian), I wrote a short story, documenting her experience. Autumn is open about her anxiety problems, and hopes that by sharing this story, she can reach out to others with the same issues and self-doubts, to find strength and encouragement.

The following LINK is to my blog, where the short story is posted. It is also available as a free download on Smashwords .

I have given Autumn the copyright to her story, because while I wrote it, I feel strongly that it is hers, and she should hold all power over it. This is all out there for free and I want to share it with you!
edit on 6-9-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What an amazing story of courage and strength! Tragic that she lost her Grandparents and had to go through so much. Thank you for sharing the story of this young woman!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes, it's a horrific thing she went through...but she proved that with enough determination, we're capable of so much more than we think we are!

Thanks for the response!

join