It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What 2 Weeks of Not Smoking Looks Like.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So after numerous attempts and the exact amount of failures I am now cigarette free. 40 yrs of smoking and not once have I been able to go a day without it. I have tried many times and never made it 24 hours...until now.

I finally said "That's it, I'm done!" and my wife said the same thing on the same day and we both quit 2 weeks ago on our 10th wedding anniversary and that was our gift to each other.

We both did it without killing each other as well.

How did we celebrate our milestone? We decided to put it into a visual and tangible perspective.

We were spending anywhere from $900 t0 $1100 per Month on cigarettes. Where we live in Canada it's between $13.75 and $14.75 per pack. Been shopping the last few days, comparing internet pricing, auctions, flea markets and classifieds around town.

This is roughly what a half Month of smoking looks like to us now:

Looking at it this way has given us the strength to stay the course. There is no going back.

Jude

edit on 4-9-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Great job!
Cold turkey? Or assited?
I went the champix route before and had many, many weird dreams. Dreams that i can still remember a year after the fact. Insane stuff!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I don't have the words. My most sincere congratulations and respect!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Great job!
Cold turkey? Or assited?
I went the champix route before and had many, many weird dreams. Dreams that i can still remember a year after the fact. Insane stuff!

My wife went cold turkey and I chose the vape because I'm weak.

Now the vape is less and less every day as well.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I don't have the words. My most sincere congratulations and respect!

Thanks!

I never thought I could do it and then one morning, done. My wife looked at me and said..."Me too!"

That was our Anniversary morning. We didn't even plan to do it.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Fantastic! Better late than later, right?
I quit buying packs of cigarettes a little over a month ago, and now only smoke every other day when offered one/if I seriously nic out and bum one.
The didference I feel/see is simply astonishing!
Plan to be 100% death-stick free by the new year, along with 2 other members of ny family.
Keep up the good fight, Jude!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Holy s$&t!
12k a year on smokes!
What took you so long?
Welcome back to the world of the breathing...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL

Fantastic! Better late than later, right?
I quit buying packs of cigarettes a little over a month ago, and now only smoke every other day when offered one/if I seriously nic out and bum one.
The didference I feel/see is simply astonishing!
Plan to be 100% death-stick free by the new year, along with 2 other members of ny family.
Keep up the good fight, Jude!

I know that I can't even have one or that's it. I look at the nice shiny reward and it keeps me going.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Holy s$&t!
12k a year on smokes!
What took you so long?
Welcome back to the world of the breathing...

Yup, not including before I met my wife,,,12 yrs ago...$144,000 up in smoke. Give or take a few grand right?

What a waste.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

We were spending anywhere from $900 t0 $1100 per Month on cigarettes.

Congratulation Jude! Wow, that's a lot of money on cigarettes!! In some places in the U.S. that would cover a monthly mortgage! You both have now gotten a raise in income! Job well done!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Looks real good.

Looking at it that way makes it easier to stay on track and applaud it. The quitting.

But to those of you who do smoke, remember what urges you are satisfying and who you are benefiting. There is a large industry that benefits on your unhealth. And I would even dare call it evil. And this word does not fall easy from my lips. If you ever believed in a conspiracy and smoked, then look to the truth close to you own hearth.

My great uncle smoked for all his life, he was in the navy. Not the US navy, but you get the idea. He smoked and smoked, but then one day into his fifties he just decided to stop. And he just stopped. I honestly have no idea what made him do it. It probably did prolong his life. He died well into his eighties. But it shows that this is possible. And I admire him for it, God knows.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I could probably quit if I had to pay Canadian prices.
Wow.
Good for both of you on quitting. I wish you continued success!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Vaping is a fun hobby.

I went to a vape after quitting cigs, still use it pretty much daily.

If you like to tinker, they're a lot of fun when it comes to building, and is very - and I mean very - cheap that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

We were spending anywhere from $900 t0 $1100 per Month on cigarettes.

Congratulation Jude! Wow, that's a lot of money on cigarettes!! In some places in the U.S. that would cover a monthly mortgage! You both have now gotten a raise in income! Job well done!

It covers a mortgage in Canada as well.

I just want to cry when I look at it in a visual way.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I could probably quit if I had to pay Canadian prices.
Wow.
Good for both of you on quitting. I wish you continued success!

I will never go back after the hellish 2 weeks I went thru.

Jude

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Great job!
Cold turkey? Or assited?

My wife went cold turkey and I chose the vape because I'm weak.

Now the vape is less and less every day as well.

Jude

I too went the vaping route.I have been a non-smoker/non tobacco user (per the insurance company believe it or not) for a year now.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I vape as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I want so much to quit also but i don't dare because i'm afraid of those hellish days, about starting to eat instead of smoking, about a million things I don't even know what they are.
My partner and I also tried to cut expenses so we start rolling tobacco, is about half of the price of cigarettes. But it tastes horrible, my throat feels like grinding paper and a started to cough like crazy in the mornings, which never happened before.
I hate myself sometimes for keep doing something that so obviously makes me feel bad.
I tried Champix a while ago but the dreams crept the hell out me so I stopped it after only few days.

I'm a bit jealous of you for quitting, but also very proud of you and the reward you choose to give yourself.
Let's hope I can make it too someday, preferably before it will kill me

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Giving up together is a good plan. I gave up, with my wife, on the day she announced she was pregnant. 15 years ago. We had a good sense of camaraderie. Have not lapsed, nor would I ever. Although I am not anti-smoking per se, I enjoy pubs without smoking and certainly would not snog a smoker (unless I was very drunk).

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
I want so much to quit also but i don't dare because i'm afraid of those hellish days, about starting to eat instead of smoking, about a million things I don't even know what they are.
My partner and I also tried to cut expenses so we start rolling tobacco, is about half of the price of cigarettes. But it tastes horrible, my throat feels like grinding paper and a started to cough like crazy in the mornings, which never happened before.
I hate myself sometimes for keep doing something that so obviously makes me feel bad.
I tried Champix a while ago but the dreams crept the hell out me so I stopped it after only few days.

I'm a bit jealous of you for quitting, but also very proud of you and the reward you choose to give yourself.
Let's hope I can make it too someday, preferably before it will kill me

I won't lie and say it's easy because it's not. But the one thing I noticed is that the fear of how difficult it would be was stopping us from the actual quitting.

It's difficult. It's frustrating. It's insane. But we both quit at the same time and that's what helped us. We also took it one hour at a time instead of one day.

One, two, three...it got easier as we seen the hours behind us.

We decided to quit instead of trying to quit. It worked.

Jude

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join