It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats On Abortion Providers Spike In Wake Of Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Death Threats On Abortion Providers Spike In Wake Of Planned Parenthood Videos

Come on! Seriously? How can you preach about the sanctity of life then threaten to kill someone?

In July, shortly after an anti-abortion group aired an undercover video of a top Planned Parenthood doctor discussing the donation of fetal tissue after abortions, an individual using the name "Joseywhales" posted an ominous warning on Fox Nation.

"I'll pay ten large to whomever kills Dr. Deborah Nucatola," the person wrote, referring to the senior director of Planned Parenthood who was filmed in the video. "Anyone. Go for it."

The same person went on to threaten Cate Dyer, the CEO of StemExpress, a biomedicine company that procures fetal tissue for medical research.

"The CEO of StemExpress should be hung by the neck using piano wire and propped up on the lawn in front of the building with a note attached," Joseywhales wrote, according to a legal complaint filed by the National Abortion Federation in a California district court.

The person then posted Dyer's home address and offered "ten grand to whomever beats me" to her house, warning that Dyer "must die to save the innocents."

Now you may say that these are just threats (though I'd say that posting someone's home address like that after a threat is SEVERELY wrong), but that's not all.

According to abortion rights advocates, Joseywhales' post is just one example of an alarming spike in death threats and violent acts against abortion providers, clinics and companies that work with them since the undercover videos of Planned Parenthood were released. Two Planned Parenthood clinics have reported arsons, anti-abortion protesters are showing up in large numbers at doctors' homes, and commenters on conservative websites and online forums are calling for the bombings of abortion clinics across the country, according to Vicki Saporta, president of the National Abortion Federation. Saporta is so alarmed by the escalation of threats against providers that she asked the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigations to intervene.

Guys, we call this terrorism, and whether you like it or not, this terrorism is Christian terrorism. It's not like this is new terrorism either. Whenever the pro-life movement gets hot under the collar and tries to entrap Planned Parenthood or go after abortion rights, this nonsense happens.

If history is any indication, death threats against abortion providers should be taken seriously. Two abortion doctors have been murdered during Saporta's tenure at NAF: Dr. George Tiller in 2009 and Dr. Barnett Slepian in 1998. Slepian was shot in his home after returning from synagogue, and Tiller was shot in the head while attending church services on a Sunday morning.

This is starting to get out of hand. Center for Medical Progress needs to be held accountable for their deceptive and evil actions. Luckily House Democrats are starting to come around and agree with me.

House Democrats: Congress should investigate anti-Planned Parenthood activists, too

Rep. John Conyers (Mich.), top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said in a letter to the Republican chairmen of those committees that the undercover videos that sparked the investigations are unreliable and may have been obtained by illegal means, calling on them to "halt these one-sided investigations immediately."

Damn right. If CMP is allowed to continue what they are doing, things are going to get more and more violent. David Daleiden needs to be arrested IMMEDIATELY for trying to incite unrest and defame an organization. It has already been proven that these videos and even the "unedited" videos have been deceptively edited. Not to mention, all state investigations are coming back negative.

There comes a point where you have to admit that CMP are the bad guys here and not Planned Parenthood. The evidence is just overwhelming. Don't be one of these evil people sending death threats to PP people. Be ABOVE them. Deny ignorance.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
it's scary that in so many topics people reach a point of "if you don't agree with me, i will have you killed"
you are 100% right in saying this is a form of terrorism.
They all seem to think abortions are something women get just to fill up a lazy afternoon.
it's the kind of thing that will stay with you for most of you life if not all of it, and a decision that is never easy to make.
Some woman gets pregnant after a rape and wants to get an abortion and ALSO has to deal with a bunch of idiots attacking her.
What a bunch of small, pathetic people

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You can't lay this at the feet of Christians that is a copout.

I'm not religious at all, and think these people should be charged with capital murder.

That is what they are doing, murdering humans, is it not?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I believe abortions should be legal until the 100th trimester.
Kill me.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
it's scary that in so many topics people reach a point of "if you don't agree with me, i will have you killed"
you are 100% right in saying this is a form of terrorism.
They all seem to think abortions are something women get just to fill up a lazy afternoon.
it's the kind of thing that will stay with you for most of you life if not all of it, and a decision that is never easy to make.
Some woman gets pregnant after a rape and wants to get an abortion and ALSO has to deal with a bunch of idiots attacking her.
What a bunch of small, pathetic people

Stop with the rape scenario bs.

That is such a small percentage of abortions it is barely worth mentioning.

Most of these murders are because woman can't be responsible for their own actions, let a guy not be responsible for his actions, and the state will put a lien on everything he owns and take half his paycheck every week
edit on 4-9-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Two arsons at Planned Parenthood clinics reported in wake of 'sting' videos

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I'm not religious at all, and think these people should be charged with capital murder.

Not religious at all? but you quote the bible as it is the truth?.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

It's because some people believe these people are killing babies...not cells. What is worse than a baby killer? Destroyer of the innocent. It's a cold hard heart that isn't moved by dissecting living beings while still in their mothers womb. I suggest you read about and view images of what they do... I'm not saying they should be killed, i'm just saying i understand the righteous anger. It the darkest dark, the smiling nodding evil, the part of humanity's modern world that everyone ignores and pretends it is something other than what it is.

Variable
edit on 9/4/2015 by Variable because: there their

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

originally posted by: johnwick

Not religious at all? but you quote the bible as it is the truth?.

Where did I do that?

Because I only quote the Bible while mocking religious folks usually.

I am as non religious as it gets, I suppose it is because of my knowledge on religions though.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

the death threats is going to far but their anger is certainly not unwarrented, abortion however you want to dress it up is still baby murder

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

the death threats is going to far but their anger is certainly not unwarrented, abortion however you want to dress it up is still baby murder

That is how I feel, it is murder, but it is technically legal..... Ugh

Death threats and killings are a step too far though

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Whether you agree with abortion or not, we have to admit that these videos are complete garbage and those whom produced it are liable for the effects it causes.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Whether you agree with abortion or not, we have to admit that these videos are complete garbage and those whom produced it are liable for the effects it causes.

Quoted for truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I received death threats for criticizing Obama.

*meh*

Haters gonna hate, regardless of who they are and what they believe.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that offering money to murder is a felony.

Meh., it's only a law.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Because these people are not pro life, they're anti choice. They want to force their morality upon other people, they love to jerk off to freedom and the constitution but want to shove their religious and moral beliefs on everyone, and if you don't agree then they'll kill you.

They want to force girls to give birth to the child of their rapist.

Kind of reminds you of ISIS.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

According to who? Your next door religious zealot who believes in a book that has a talking snake in it?

The Supreme Court disagrees with him.
edit on 4-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

just because a fetus isn't born doesn't mean it isn't human, the unborn has every right to live same as all humans
edit on 4 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

What affords the unborn those rights? I would like to know the source of those rights if they exist.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Christian right wing terrorists.....they kill and maim more US citizens than any other terrorist group....

edit on 4-9-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join