It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - do something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I shared this on a handful of places on FB (Facebook). To be specific (I am missing a few I'm sure): CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, ESPN, Tyga, Kylie Jenner, AJ +, Taylor Swift, Jaden Smith, John Legend, Lana Del Ray, Duck Dynasty, Bravo, VH1, MTV. Here it is:

The system is broken and that's a fact. If you don't see that you must be extremely naive or gullible because we get screwed over by our representatives (if you actually can call them that) every day, and it's a perpetual cycle that's becoming more extreme year after year.
If you look at how Bernie Madoff did what he did and really dig deep you find out just how huge the network of corruption goes. It's a perfect illustration for what goes on behind the scenes with our elected "representatives" and how they will gladly do illegal things or "look the other way" to benefit their financial contributors.

Forbes

CNN

Since 1991, Madoff and other individuals connected with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities made campaign contributions totaling $372,100, with about 89 percent of those funds directed to Democrats, according to OpenSecrets.org, the Web site of the Center for Responsive Politics. The majority of the senators and representatives who benefited from these donations were New York-area legislators. In 2008, Madoff contributed $50,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, pushing his total donations to the group since 1992 over the six-figure mark.

Now corporations and other organizations are effectively helping to use the law itself against the very people it's supposed to be serving. I'm posting this on FB because it's "public" and it might help some people realize, but if us Americans don't start to get involved with those running our country then how can you be proud to be an American? If you truly love your country and our history and our neighbors and the kids who will take our places then why wouldn't you at least try to get involved? At this point it's all a mess, idk how you could possibly deny that, but if you actually call your representatives, vote, have a dialogue and start doing something things really Can begin to change.

Get involved and start caring, because it's absolutely ridiculous how people have become drones and reverted back to middle-school mentalities just because the entire media pushes a story and gets peopled riled up. It's elementary and we're better than that, don't be so damn predictable.
edit on 3-9-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We are going to make America Great Again.

I back the man they cannot buy.

Besides Trump being correct on what is happening to America.

He drives seemingly sane people completely nuts.

I'm really having fun...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Would you like people to vote, then?

Vote who?

Someone who will steal money from the public and spend it where YOU want it spent?

Don't you see? The problem IS government.. we've got to get rid of it. Completely. Won't be quick and it won't be easy, but rarely anything worthwhile is.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-9-2015 by higherconscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I apreciate your concern. In fact, it seems you're preaching to the choir here at ATS.

At this point it's all a mess, idk how you could possibly deny that, but if you actually call your representatives, vote, have a dialogue and start doing something things really Can begin to change.

Been there. Done that. Bought the T-shirt. No one here is denying we're in deep doo doo. Now what?

For every demand you or I make, there's someone else making the opposite demand, and yet another using blackmail or bribery to get their way. Who wins?

For every group that joins forces to fight the evil, there is someone else totally undermining their efforts, mounting opposite efforts, and other sabotaging their cause. Ask Occupy... or the Tea Party... or Black Lives Matter.

For every issue where one calls for free will and liberty, someone else is calling for more laws and incarceration.

Nothing can or will get better unless and until we the people can get our acts together. We are our own worst enemies. More laws, more regulations, more government is not the answer. We are the problem and we are the solution.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Donations didnt help Bernie in the end lol.

I feel that Donald Trump is in fact showing American voters what politicians see when they look at voters. A bunch of ignorant donothing news bite followers. That might explain why his popularity in this race is where it is. I dont know and I cant really explain that.

But maybe, in the face of the two mono-parties, as business as usual it seems once again in Congress, the seed has been planted. That maybe, just maybe, someone just like Trump might be installed into office that will totally disrupt and possibly collapse this painfully redundant election process that all too often, or actually everytime, gives us the same political environment where the same cronies get elected on the same promises again and again.

Maybe it is just that.

Passive agressive revolution.

Everyone knows that the old school revolution just will not happen.

But maybe the Donald knows his efforts might be just as powerful in rooting out all this government stale bread that regularly sits in the leather seats of our leaders offices.

Still scares me for what that is worth. But revolution was never meant to be comfortable.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I firmly believe we are screwed. It took years to get where we are and it's going to take longer to dig ourselves out, if that is even possible. The spirit of America has faded. If you haven't seen this, please take the time to watch it. It's the truth.

edit on 4-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

very good speech/script. impressive and on-point.
America's time is up... we've squandered our potential and let those "in charge" run us into ruin. education is done (look at Common Core), the future generations who are supposed to take over once we retire will be drones and idiots and China or India will probably end up using us for labor, kind of like U.S. and corporations did with call centers in India.

edit on 4-9-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Very powerful and truthful vid! Impressive!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

With the electorial college and swing votes....yeah, good luck voting in change. Hope and change. Now where have we hear that before?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Having just reread my post, I just wanted to iterate to avoid any misunderstandings, that my post in no way suggests my appreciation of, like of, affiliation of, suggestion of viability, electability, or anything saying that I support Trump nor plan on voting for.

Quite honestly, I feel this election cycle is an embarrassment to me and I am finding it very hard to consider any of the candidates at this time. Nobody has my vote of approval.

It was suggested to me otherwise, and I needed to supress that impression if one was given.
edit on 4-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join