It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Great New Idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just saw this posted on social media, and due to all of the sharing of the hate speeches and the "open season" being declared and shared everywhere, I thought that this would be a good counter to the negativity.

I like this for 2 reasons aside from the obvious being the officers safety:

1) This type of act, if taken by the many, can start to show some solidarity between the people and police that we've been lacking and help ease some tensions on both sides.

2) This is AMERICA! We should ALL have each others backs at all times!

Some of you may have your knee-jerk reactions and spew things about how they don't deserve it, but you type aren't really looking at the bigger HUMAN aspect of it.

How do you guys feel about this and would you do the same

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I absolutely love this.

Blue collar, white collar, rich, poor, black, white, Christian, atheist, American, Non- American. etc. etc. need to take note and fall in line with actions like these.

We need to have each other's backs regardless of career choices or area codes. We need to stand up for each other and try to make the world a better, safer place even when it seems like it's impossible for a regular Joe.

This man could have likely saved this officer's life today. His children have their father to tuck them in tonight. There's not a lot more beautiful than that and truth be told, there is not a lot that most of us want more than that.

When it comes to common ground... We share a helluva lot more than we realize at times.

edit on 9/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Very well said.

That man didn't take the time to ask anything about that officer, just saw a fellow human that has a possible target on his back and put himself out there to help. We should all be this way. I know it may say altruistic but, it's the damn truth. We all need to band together and if need be, put ourselves on the line for our fellow citizens.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Hell yeah! I would have anyone's back if they needed it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Protecting those who protect corporate and government elite. Bravo, Sir! What a pleasant thing to read.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: higherconscience

Protecting another human being is what I gathered from it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: higherconscience

Protecting another human being is what I gathered from it.

That's what I got as well and bottom line that's all things should come down to being.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Get each others back!

Wow!

Genius!

Holy #... we are in trouble in people.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Very nice gesture hope others are inspired by it. With all the corruption on one side and officer killings on the other such as what's been seen as of late, have to stop what seems like a continuing cycle.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That's a great story.
But this story does not refelct reality. No-one cares, that's the truth of it. No-one will care until their own lives are affected directly.. Maybe that will happen soon, who knows, but I doubt it!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: higherconscience
Protecting those who protect corporate and government elite. Bravo, Sir! What a pleasant thing to read.

Small town officers to city police do that? Must pay well!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Ever witnessed a guy smack a woman?

I have.

Everyone cares.

You say no one cares from your laptop.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Yeah? You had some RL stuff happen? That's cool. You say this from your laptop. You "care"? Awesome.

edit on 3-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Yeah? You had some RL stuff happen? That's cool. You say this from your laptop. You "care"? Awesome.

iPad, sir. No laptop.

You seem quite defensive though.
edit on 3-9-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The negativity that's already being displayed here and all across the internet right now is exactly why I wanted to post something positive.

Kudos to those of you that can see another human being for what they are. A human being.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I stand corrected, IPAD, my bad.

Not defensive at all, just in touch with reality my friend.

Cheers bud.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

That's a great story.
But this story does not refelct reality. No-one cares, that's the truth of it. No-one will care until their own lives are affected directly.. Maybe that will happen soon, who knows, but I doubt it!

Who elected you spokesperson for the entire human race??

You cant speak for me, and i do care. It actually sounds like the other posters care aswell...
What you properly ment to say, is, that YOU dont care, and that my friend, i dont care about, that is your choise - dont take that choise away from me, if you want to take "control" of peoples thoughts, go to a dictatorship country and rise to power, or speak for yourself and dont try to blame us for YOUR opinions

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Well alrighty then hero! Good on you! Stick it to the man!!!

PS: *I* didn't take anyone's "choice" away...I merely spoke a position of realistic opinion.
No-one elcted me to do #, so step off your high horse there pal!
edit on 3-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Please tell me, do YOU care? You say nobody cares, that must be including you, right?

So why dont you just say that YOU dont care? Are you not man enough to stand by your opinions? or do you really need to hide behind the notion that nobody cares?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

PS: *I* didn't take anyone's "choice" away...I merely spoke a position of realistic opinion.
No-one elcted me to do #, so step off your high horse there pal!

You spoke of YOUR opinion, YOU dont think that people cares, and thats fine, but your saying it in a room full of people who says this is great, and they actully cares, so maybe your wrong

But i didnt replied you, to attack you - i want to hear YOUR opinion, not what you think others will say, thats what we have all the other members for

top topics

<<   2 >>

join