It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hope that they have better information on their secure feeds. Thanks for catching this so quickly.

Maybe it's me, but if they are loose running around the more information they can give the better.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes, there is an increase of this and it can only get worse when we have groups of people openly calling for the deaths of police.

Sad times!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes - thank you!! WGN confirmed there are THREE suspects at large, 2 white males and 1 black male. Considered armed and dangerous (obviously). Schools continue to be on lockdown.

To everyone in the area - keep your doors locked and stay alert. Be safe. Praying for a swift resolution.

I'll update anything my parents share as I'm in close contact with them. They are feeling pretty shaken up, but not scared. They've never seen this sort of situation in Fox Lake.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I hope that they have better information on their secure feeds. Thanks for catching this so quickly.

Maybe it's me, but if they are loose running around the more information they can give the better.

I agree. Why don't we have a better description of the suspects?

Everyone is placed on lock down and high alert for ... two white guys and a black guy?? Yeah... um... not specific enough to be useful.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

May be from this report:

Helicopters were circling above Fox Lake, Ill., and every law enforcement agency from the area, along with a regional SWAT team and K-9 units were hunting for as many as three suspects after the police officer was shot around 8 a.m. local time. The condition of the unidentified officer was not clear, as Lake County Sheriff's Det. Chris Covelli referred to him as "injured" although multiple media reports said the officer had died from his injuries.

Cops hunt 3 suspects in shooting of Illinois police officer

No time stamp on the article, so it may be old information. With the speed at which updates are occurring, one would think that news stories would be updated as well.
edit on 1-9-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
We are actually dealing with this now. We just had a bank robbery go bad. They are saying 1 to 3 suspects, 1 or 2 dead and maybe 1 on the loose. How do you NOT know? That is so dangerous to the citizens around this area!

a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thanks for the link to that article. I hope that he is just injured and the other reports are incorrect. I'm afraid it is the pen trying to keep up with the updates.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hitting national news now....

Source

The area being searched by police, in the northeastern portion of the state, was described as wooded and rural. The three suspects who were involved in a traffic stop with the officer earlier Tuesday. Two male suspects are white and one is black, according to Covelli.

The shooting began when the officer stopped a car with "three suspicious subjects" at 7:52 a.m. By the time a backup officer had arrived on the scene, the police officer had already been shot.

So all male, 2 white one black and started with a traffic stop.
edit on 9/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Lake County Sheriff's Dept. Det. Chris Covelli said a Fox Lake police officer was shot while responding to a call of three suspicious people near Route 12 and Sayton Rd around 7:52 a.m.

So have they been on the loose since 7:52 AM ?????

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK... so these guys must be on foot, right?

How else could the perimeter be contained? I've not heard mention of a vehicle... so did they shoot the officer and then run away on foot instead of driving away? Anyone know?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
OK... so these guys must be on foot, right?

How else could the perimeter be contained? I've not heard mention of a vehicle... so did they shoot the officer and then run away on foot instead of driving away? Anyone know?

My guess would be yes since they brought in K-9 units to the area....could be that it is both...one or two may be in a car and one or two may have fled the scene on foot.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

If it's a rural area, not that surprising really. Where I used to work we had three officers in the rural part of the county. If something went sideways on them, their nearest backup officer was about 12 minutes away. 12 minutes is a long ass time when it comes to giving a criminal a head start in a rural zone.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I understand rural ( I live in rural WV) I just don't understand why it took so long to make the news. They were just as armed and dangerous a couple of hours ago. It is 1:41 PM here now. It took them that long to radio it in and get a chopper up? [not speaking against anyone just curious of time lapse]

edit on 9/1/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If it's a rural area, not that surprising really. Where I used to work we had three officers in the rural part of the county. If something went sideways on them, their nearest backup officer was about 12 minutes away. 12 minutes is a long ass time when it comes to giving a criminal a head start in a rural zone.

Especially if the criminal(s) is from that area and knows it as well as any of the LEO's. I could hazard a guess that they already know who at least one of the suspects is though....either from the dashcam or license plate of car or whatever.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yea I get that now, sorry. I thought you were surprised about the delay in other officers getting there. Sorry.

Though to be honest, the rural thing kicks in with that too. The schools probably found out pretty quick. Residents next. Media is usually last unless they get a tip. One of those rural officers got hit by a guy on an ATV and the media didn't know for at least an hour or so.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thanks Shamrock. I guess I didn't think about the time breakdowns. It helps to look at things from an "inside view"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I guess the term "rural" is relative. I'd never use that term to describe Fox Lake.

It's the northwest most suburb of Chicago. Last stop on that particular metra line. (Incidentally, the metra line in fox lake has been shut down for now). The suburbs sort of blur together and run into each other. Where to lines between. Fox lake and volo, or fox lake and Antioch are ... I don't know.

It's a less populated suburb on the outer edge of suburbia. Rural, though? No... Not even close by my standards.

But... I was born in the middle of nowhere, so my definition obviously isn't the same as those used to urban life.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
FBI is now assisting

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just saw this on the Facebook scanner link above:

Lake County Det. Chris Covelli told CNN the officer has died. Blood hound has hit on one possible suspect in woods, air 1 reports visual on possible suspect.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

It is. The area I'm describing is hardly what one would typically think of when talking about "rural." But rural compared to the other end of the county? Definitely. While that particular area would only have three officers on shift at any given time, the other end of the county would have several dozen.

It's all relative. Just putting it out there for a possible explanation. I don't know the area at all. I spent some time in Valporaiso as a kid but barely remember Chicago.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Exactly - it's all relative. Anyone from Chicago or even the near suburbs would almost certainly call Fox Lake rural.

I don't ... but I'm from "hardcore" rural.

Thanks for helping paint a picture of the area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join