It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Mine Family Getting Forced Out?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

at significant cost to the government."

This is the problem. The government has forgotten the "cost" is to the people. Without us, they are nothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What iiiifff....
The "51" actually signified it às a 51st state...
And the "tech testing" was actually a cover story. ..
And all the underground bombings were to clear subterranean space to build a massive complex hundreds of miles in expanse to create a backup state for apocalyptic scenarios. ...
And they're nearing time to insure it's absolute security once it's time to "go downstairs"...
Wooo-woooo....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I like the bit about 'the constant battle' presumably about procurement to expand a place that didn't exist.

I presume they need it for the Mothership to come in unobserved. That makes me want to cry in my cornflakes for all those good folks over the years saying that area 51 is now just a stageprop, and all the jummy stuff is somewhere else...but wait, maybe that idea is still true, and that area51 is still just a stageprop, and this, 'get out now' business is just government using their leverage to create a diversion , courtesy of the press..guaranteed to make area51 even more of an attraction!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

What iiiifff....
The "51" actually signified it às a 51st state...
And the "tech testing" was actually a cover story. ..
And all the underground bombings were to clear subterranean space to build a massive complex hundreds of miles in expanse to create a backup state for apocalyptic scenarios. ...
And they're nearing time to insure it's absolute security once it's time to "go downstairs"...
Wooo-woooo....

Now that's an interesting take on it!! Not true, but interesting! 👍

You should submit your idea to someone high up in the motion picture industry. Would make for a damn good movie!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think the date has passsed for them to accept the offer. Anyone have an update?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They have until September 10th.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They have until September 10th.

One suspects at this point the feds are not letting anyone visit the mine. That would avoid the problem of having to remove the family from the property.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I think the date has passsed for them to accept the offer. Anyone have an update?

I think someone at Fox News got a bit carried away:
"US Air Force Moves In, Surrounds Mine Site"
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yeah, click baiting like 99% of Mass Media does.. That's how they roll, lol.

However, they're not technically wrong about their heading of "Air Force moves in, surrounds mine site."

The govt *did* move in to the area, back in the 50's, right?
And over time the land that the govt snatched up in the area, ultimately *does* surround the Groom Mine site.

Lol, it's all about how they word it, and how it can be read as. Directly untruthful, or indirectly, but technically true.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yea lol, Fox news.

They could make the transformation of a tadpole to a frog sound like a scientific discovery.
edit on 9-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Maybe they changed the headline, since now it says it is surrounded by the range, which of course is true.

US Air Force moves in, surrounds mine site with Nevada bombing range, now wants owners out

I'd still like to see the Oath Keepers move in, just for entertainment value. The base has an LRAD, based on a trusted source that got beamed with it. It wouldn't surprise me if they have an assortment of less than lethal weapons. And of course, they have the lethal ones too.

But alas, I've always suspected the Oath Keepers are just a bunch of hot air that will fold like a house of cards when the fecal matter hits the fan.

edit on 9-9-2015 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OK, my guess was wrong. They got one last visit to the mine.

www.lasvegasnow.com...

The newspaper that shall not be named claims the USAF got permission to condemn the mine last year.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

If the usaf got condemnation permission last year, then the owners shoulda just taken the 5.2mil.

The fact is, the military didnt have to make any offer at this point.

Sometimes one should pick and choose their battles. And this one seems lost already. So 5.2mil is better than just plain ol eviction.
edit on 9-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

If the usaf got condemnation permission last year, then the owners shoulda just taken the 5.2mil.

The fact is, the military didnt have to make any offer at this point.

Sometimes one should pick and choose their battles. And this one seems lost already. So 5.2mil is better than just plain ol eviction.

Yes, the USAF has a win-win scenario here. Potentially one could accuse them of negotiating in bad faith, but all they can really do is bid what the property is worth. That is all they are allowed to do.

Those junky business by Creech made out OK taking the money. In fact, I suspect they let their businesses run down a bit since they saw the writing on the wall. The losers in that situation were the workers that lived in Indian Springs and lost their jobs. In the case of the Groom Mine, it hadn't been worked in decades, so no loss to the locals.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Must be nice to walk away from $5 million.

www.news3lv.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
www.lasvegasnow.com...

The condemnation has begun. At this point, the USAF has won in the sense that observation point has been eliminated. I would expect the government now to foot drag.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow, am I reading this right? In the USAF's offer, they would've still given them limited access to the property (for visiting their family grave plot(s) and such)...? And even a plaque? And they still didn't take it??

I had no idea the USAF had that in their offer to the Sheahans, as well!??

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The family have pretty bad legal advisors....

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Well limited entry isn't the same as having a kegger! Party on, Garth.

There is a graveyard at one of the more famous mines. I don't put photos on the internet because people mess with the sites. So to have a grave site behind USAF security is a good thing.
backyardtraveler.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm no expert on U.S land law but I imagine the family are hoping, and pretty convinced that the court will award a higher value for the land.

"The land owners' rights will be protected in a judicial condemnation. The Air Force will pay just compensation for the claims as determined by the court based on evidence submitted by the parties. "

Also, perhaps they think they can win and have the application for condemnation rejected?

Cheers
Robbie

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join