It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Invite You to See the True Colours of Feathered Dinosaur

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
great reporting...

I wonder just how much such a colorful and lively bevy of diverse creatures will detract from the Christianity notion that Lucifer created the chaotic world of 'Terrible Lizards' (aka: dinosaurs)

A ecosystem where terror and carnivores abounded to create a very un-peaceful and un-serene world which their 'God' seen as being 'desolate & void'... which He then destroyed and refashioned into an Earth ecosystem for mammals on land and sea, air, with humans as a later innovation placed exclusively on Earth

I think that Luciferian created landscape/ diverse creatures, must have been beautiful to behold

edit on th31144085952229452015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
great reporting...

I wonder just how much such a colorful and lively bevy of diverse creatures will detract from the Christianity notion that Lucifer created the chaotic world of 'Terrible Lizards' (aka: dinosaurs)

...where do you get this crap?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

In short, dinosaurs are awesome.

It makes you wonder...we can imagine predatory dinosaurs being green to blend in with the foliage like tigers blend in with drying foliage, but what colors would the prey use to ward of predators?

Look at the poison dart frogs, Incredibly pretty and incredibly deadly. Could there have been small dinosaurs that had equally colorful plumage?

edit on 29-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks delicious.Yum!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You got a point.

Oh and dino fuzz makes sense - since they were cold-blooded, it makes sense that they (at least the smaller ones) had such insulation.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApolloOne
Looks delicious.Yum!

So typical of mankind...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Who says dinosaurs were cold blooded? Maybe some earlier ones or perhaps the saurapods, but it's pretty much agreed now that the Therapods were most likely warm-blooded, with many features similar to modern birds.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

You got a point.

Oh and dino fuzz makes sense - since they were cold-blooded, it makes sense that they (at least the smaller ones) had such insulation.

i think they were wholly endothermic. Even the sauropods. Dinosaurs living in polar regions, in the dark undergrowth, would have had to be warm blooded.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I love this! thanks for posting it. I enjoy thinking about these animals and wondering what they sounded like, smelled like, how their hide/skin might feel or how their colors might look. I would imagine that, as in our current biosphere, there was a staggering amount of variation.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

In the good old days, I was taught that dinos were mostly cold-blooded, and that they regulated their temperature by basking in the sun. Others would have larger surface area (they were physically bigger), enabling heat dissipation.

I am not saying you are wrong; I am just wondering if what I was taught is still valid.

edit on 29-8-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApolloOne
Looks delicious.Yum!

tastes like chicken?

It's kind of like pet cats... thier behaviors are cute but their habits, behaviors and instincts are exactly like thier larger kin. they would kill you in a heart beat if they were as large. they secretly plan on eating you.

likewise chickens look cute and all but thier larger cousins like cassawaries rhea birds, emus and ostrich that still exist can kill you and have plenty of attitude. Chickens; themselves are fairly vicious and sometimes they are born with thier ancestor's teeth. it's a matter of scale. Thier elder therapod or other departed kin definitely would have plans for you that involve both world league beat-downs and lunch.

that dino's color patterns looks sort of like a royal palm turkey.
edit on 29-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

In the good old days, I was taught that dinos were mostly cold-blooded, and that they regulated their temperature by basking in the sun. Others would have larger surface area (they were physically bigger), enabling heat dissipation.

I am not saying you are wrong; I am just wondering if what I was taught is still valid.

Im 43, and recall that being taught to us in school. I think around the time I was in high school they started to rethink it (about the same time they began realizing that the T-Rex didn't stand upright with the tail dragging...some of the sillyness we were taught, huh?)

It is possible....since none of us have met an allosaur or something. But there have been fossils of dinosaurs found in what was once arctic areas. They had enormous eyes, suited for seeing in the dark and dim world of arctic regions. It would be incredibly difficult for an exothermic animals to live in the dark of the arctic, even if the planet was somewhat warmer at the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Pretty cool, huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would have expected more flash... but hey it may be gender specific like birds...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Are you daft or being ironic?
I hope it's the latter but fear the former.....pun intended...
-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: St Udio

Are you daft or being ironic?
I hope it's the latter but fear the former.....pun intended...
-Christosterone
He is probably both. the only actual christian i have ever heard of that said anything remotely like that was Jack chick (who died several decades ago) and he was an ex drug addict loon. and this really isn't a religious topic anyway but many Christians believe dinos were described in a complimentary appreciative way in Job who was taken in spirit form back in time by God Himself to see them. God Himself described them in abundant superlatives. They were so awesome even God was proud of them.

Now since it isn't a religious topic or an anti christian activist atheist topic we can get back to discussing how awesome this discovery is.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
CoooOoool!!! I love stuff like this!!!
Kinda looks like a magpie... with a red Mohawk haha.

S&F for the cute lil feathered dude.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
kind of reminds me of this guy:

cdn3-www.webecoist.momtastic.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good sleuthing OP.

What boggles my mind is that dinosaurs may not be the cold blooded lizards we think they were and they might be something else entirely. Many dinosaurs and avian species shared one common trait- the hip bone. Now that plumage has thrown a spanner in the cogs we might have to re-evaluate the meaning of the word dinosaur.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Dinosaurs and birds share more than one common trait - the hip being just one (in Therapods at least). You have the scaly skin, the way their lungs worked, they both lay eggs and many skeletal and muscular structures are similar.

I think if you consider the fact that no animal over 25Kg's survived the extinction event that killed off the dinosaurs, birds are dinosaurs are pretty much one and the same. The only reason the birds survived was because they were smaller and could fly to look for food farther afield. Also, they rapidly evolved after the extinction into the "terror birds" to fill the niche left by the dinosaurs, with many looking pretty much the same as the dinosaurs with one difference - they had beaks instead of teeth. But then, there were some dinosaurs that also had beaks (see the Oviraptor - you'd think it was a bird if you didn't know any better...)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join