It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shut down Jerry Seinfelds charity lemonade stand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

If enough people think the law stinks, then the people won't reelect the politicians that are unwilling to change it. Politicians have to keep the people voting for them happy..
edit on 27-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Can we just pause to reflect on the kind of asshole one has to be to call the cops on Jerry Seinfeld? I mean, it was a neighbor, who presumable knows who he is.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think this was great,that lemonade stand could have stopped life as we know it,children may have been harmed,it is clear to me that America has some serious issues,none as serious as illegal lemonade stands....there are children being poisoned in the streets by these evil lemonade makers...i really cannot fathom how people survived before we had bureaucrats making all these laws so we can be saved from ourselves.........

This vid should be made illegal...not anywhere in the tutorial did these kids explain the need for a permit...shut em down and fine these criminals before they move on to bigger and more profitable ventures...

edit on 27-8-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok for anyone who thinks its not about revenue i have 1 question.

If its not about money why do they charge?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If enough people think the law stinks, then the people won't reelect the politicians that are unwilling to change it. Politicians have to keep the people voting for them happy..

In a perfect world that's how it should work, unfortunately this world is anything but.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

If enough people say enough is enough... It'll change. If it doesn't, other options are available. Not much thought is required to come up with 'em, either.

Changing laws is not supposed to be easy. Too easy, and bad laws/draconian laws get passed in the heat of the moment. We're supposed to be willing to do the work necessary to make our govt. work.

Aren't we?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Of course it's about revenue.

Doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
they werent trying to make money off the lemonade stand
they knew the needed permits and they also knew it would likely be shut down
(in fact i wouldnt doubt they called it in themselves or asked their neighbor to

now it is an outrage story and is going to get a huge amount of publicity
the charity will now receive exponentially more from people outraged about this story than they would have through the lemonade stand

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The difference with the rich is that this only happens when there's a complaint from another rich person, and they live to tell about it. Doing it by the book should be no imposition on somebody like him, but he didn't. If he was you or me and trying to make a living he'd be half dead in that photo. When I was out of work I had somebody try to citizens arrest me for putting people's snow chains on their cars for donations, and to a guy like me that probably would have stuck if he'd been in any condition to detain me.

So welcome to the small time rich boy, this is how the world works when you don't grease the wheels- if you didn't know it you're out of touch and if you did know it you're an arrogant prick.

To be honest, it's you that comes off as the 'arrogant prick'. This was not about being rich sh1tting on the poor this was about a rich family trying to raise money to help others.

What is wrong with this world? Soon you will need a permit to fart in the street, better keep that one silent LOL!
edit on 28/8/15 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well, it seems the cops didn't turn up Until a neighbour complained? Sounds pretty childish to me.

I'm presuming it was spoiling the neighbour's view of the sea...come to think of it, if Jerry's house is all of 12 acres..WTF!
What was it like when Billy Joel lived there, going around starting fires.

'he didn't start the fire'

Sorry couldn't resist, love that song!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i have a question -:

as a " fundraising operation " , how profitable is a lemonade stand ????????????

even one operated by the wife of a ceebrity ?????????????

appologies for my cynicism - but this smaks of cheap stunt

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

as a " fundraising operation " , how profitable is a lemonade stand ????????????

not very

this smaks of cheap stunt

yep
edit on 28-8-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

That's right, and you know what, the world ain't designed that way to keep celebrities inline- it's to keep you and me doing nothing but punching the clock and going straight back home unless we intend to spend money. If by some kind of fluke people who are listened to and get sympathy are going to have to live in my world, I say GOOD- maybe they'll have better luck getting something done about it than the rest of us have.

Let's face it, you and me go out and don't pay the tax man, we get our ass beat, maybe killed, and nobody important is on our side. What if it had been a loose cigarette stand?

But you have it be Jerry Seinfeld and oh it's a god damn human rights violation that we have a health code. I'd kill for the experience you're lamenting him having. Such wonderful policemen god hath never wrought in America.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Live in the land of "The Free". Needs permit to sell lemonade on the street.

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
People wonder why we are so disconnected from each other these days and the community spirit has long gone, because when people do gather in the community even for a good cause the police get twitchy and break it up.

Unless the local government has organised it and making a profit of couse, if they don't get a piece it's illegal.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

For one thing it creates employment. A job position.

Someone has to process the paperwork.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

Let's face it, you and me go out and don't pay the tax man, we get our ass beat, maybe killed, and nobody important is on our side. What if it had been a loose cigarette stand?

Did anyone stop you from becoming a celebrity? I mean, it is just a job.

What job did you choose instead?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
People wonder why we are so disconnected from each other these days and the community spirit has long gone, because when people do gather in the community even for a good cause the police get twitchy and break it up.

Unless the local government has organised it and making a profit of couse, if they don't get a piece it's illegal.

My Ex (great man) says: "the problem with society today is the elimination of the front porch".

Police don't make laws. People make laws. Police only enforce the laws people make.

If you want to effect change, go after the source. Don't blame the messenger.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That is what we have taxes for..

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That is what we have taxes for..

Right!

Taxes pay for everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join