It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Medical Association: First They Came For The Smokers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Much as I loathe and try to avoid being a journalist (My sensitive artistic temperament can't stand disputation and acrimony. I'm too delicate for that.) issues keep coming up in Canada, fledgling totalitarian surveillance state, where I can't stop myself from speaking out.

I read a story this morning in the National Post that peaked my ire.

news.nationalpost.com...

CMA calls for proof of vaccinations before children can be enrolled in school

Every elementary and high school in the country should require parents to provide proof their child has received up-to-date immunizations for school entry, Canada’s doctors say.

First some background:

NGOs are "non-governmental organizations" who act to influence government policy. There are numerous non-governmental organizations and they are regarded with approval by many ordinary citizens who don't realize that NGOs are the pre-cancerous growths that herald the death of democracy. They are a statement that the ordinary processes of government don't work. They tell us that our representatives are not doing their jobs. They step in to override and subvert the ordinary process of government to push a narrowly focused agenda, in this case the vaccination of school children.

In fascism "stakeholders" are segments of the industrial sector of society. In classic fascism as defined by Mussolini, the government governs in concert with the nation's stakeholders. Citizens as individuals are cut out of the process entirely. The rights of individuals are subordinated to the needs of the State and the needs of the stakeholders.

Applying that model to the recent statements of the Canadian Medical Association, one can insert the pharmaceutical industry into the slot reserved for stakeholders and deduce that the CMA is the stalking horse for the pharmaceutical industry. If the pharmaceutical industry were to suggest that children be barred from enrolling in school until they had been vaccinated, there would probably be a backlash. The public would be outraged at the notion that any industry could enlist government assistance in coercing the public to buy its products.

In fascism the public is required to be compliant, not agitated, until they can be brought to a point where they are willing to take any order that the government gives them. In Nazi Germany people were very compliant to the demands of the regime. Canada is not there yet.

We are coming along, however. Smokers in this country don't have to flee under a hail of rubber truncheons and shouts of "Raus! Raus!", but they do have to comply with a number of very petty restrictions on outdoor smoking that could not, except in the minds of the most brainwashed non-smokers, be connected, even remotely, to the general health and welfare of people on a bus platform or in the patio of a bar.

But that's not the point. In a totalitarian state the idea is just to get people used to following meaningless, nonsensical orders. The orders that Canadian people are currently used to following are not totally nonsensical. There is always some tenuous connection with reason, as in the case of the smoking ordinances, but we are very close to a situation of the reduction of all reason to one reason. Do it because the government says, "Do it!"

You say,

"Ippy, Ippy, Ippy (in a smug, plummy voice), this is utter tosh. Fascism! I have to chuckle. The CMA is, quite rightly in my view, attending to the welfare of school children. They are combating the rise of irrational anti-scientific and anti-vaccine hysteria in a small group of kooky overprotective parents, who have nutty notions about the pharmaceutical industry and who think that the CMA is in league with, or somehow beholden to the pharmaceutical industry. There is no evidence for symbiosis there at all."

Well, how about this paragraph from the story?

But in a move that could fuel the anti-vaccination movement, delegates to the Canadian Medical Association’s annual general council meeting Wednesday overwhelmingly rejected a call for a national program to compensate those who suffer the extremely rare injuries that can be caused by vaccines.

How can anyone deny that the CMA is in fact acting as an NGO for the pharmaceutical industry after reading that?

But for me the topper is the following:

The proposal doesn’t call for mandatory vaccinations, CMA president Dr. Cindy Forbes stressed. The goal, said Forbes, a Halifax family doctor, is to improve vaccination rates and not inflame the situation by calling for compulsory shots. “We’re looking to have a very reasoned, rational conversation with our patients, and not have a situation where someone is telling them what to do,” she said.

“It’s a way, a checkpoint, where we can take a toll, and say: ‘Has your child been immunized?’ And if they haven’t, it’s an opportunity to provide the immunization” or information to address concerns or fears, she said.

What is being proposed by the CMA is not a "reasoned, rational conversation". It is coercion. It could be worse. They could be requiring certificates of vaccination before admittance to grocery stores.

It is clear to me that the pharmaceutical industry is feeling a pinch, perhaps the growth of a trend against vaccination, as it is currently managed or perhaps a demand that safer vaccines be produced, entailing extra costs or substantial changes within the industry. Are they trying to nip this trend in the bud?

The article contains an acknowledgement by one spokesperson from the CMA that there are side effects associated with some vaccines and that there are risks, but the consensus is that the benefits, statistically, far outweigh the risks. Recent outbreaks of measles among the unvaccinated in the US were cited, but surely these outbreaks were not a threat to the vast majority of vaccinated children in the school system.

The CMA is concerned about parents who believe the risk of side effects from vaccination is greater than the risk of side effects from the disease, should their child catch it. That's a scientific discussion that the medical profession says it would like to have with parents, a "reasoned, rational conversation", but what they are proposing is the sort of conversation gangsters have with someone as they hold a gun to his head, the gun in this case being the refusal to admit a child to school.

This kind of coercion instigated by an NGO, acting, perhaps, at the behest of a major stakeholder in our fascist society, should not be permitted. There are other ways to go about dealing with the vaccination question. We don't need the strong arm approach, couched in reason and rationality.

But you do see where we are in Canada. Fascist? Not quite fascist? You decide.

edit on 27-8-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

2013: CDC recommended 49 doses of 14 vaccines between day of birth and age six and 69 doses of 16 vaccines between day of birth and age 18. MULTIPLE VACCINATIONS GIVEN SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Link

Sure glad I'm not being raised from birth these days. I haven't been given most of these vaccines nor do I have any of the diseases they are supposed to vaccinate against.

edit on 27-8-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It is starting to become apparent that vaccination needs a rethink, as does the influence of big pharma and its enablers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

CMA calls for proof of vaccinations before children can be enrolled in school

We already have that where I live. Preschoolers have to have their "shots record" to prove they've had them or a signed form by the parents saying it's against their religion or other reason. I tried to have an intelligent conversation with a school nurse once. Once. She was about 21, no experience and apparently no mind of her own. She kept parroting "Well the CDC says..........." and that's all I could get out of her.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They just want conformity. They don't want a society, they, at least some of the "stakeholders", just want a plantation.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Doesn't surprise me that Canadians are allowing this. After all the majority of us, or rather those of the >40% of Canadians who did actually vote wanted Harper in office.
His government is doing this.
And it's the people that voted him into office are the ones who make the most money, and most likely coached all their employees into voting for him as well, all for greed.

I am not against vaccinations, I think they are a vital part of keeping a healthy community, especially how dirty and gross little kids can be, and then shoving them all into a cramped room together, it's a brewing pot of germs and bacteria.

But forcing parents to provide records?
Is that not the governments or school boards job to keep track of that?

I remember getting my shots, and I got mine from my family doctor, so when it came time for us to get them in school I didn't need to attend the mass vaccination in gym. My doctor simply just send us home with a doctors note and I had to hand it into my teacher, done.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Vaccines seem to bother people with type O blood less than the other types. I have a daughter with straight A blood from one marriage and she and her kids can't take vaccines without hyperreacting. My other daughter from another marriage has type AO which is still considered A but she can take the vaccines with less side effects. Is this a genocide against people who aren't type O blood? The way antigens are held in the blood is important.

I like starting conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So let me get this straight--they're calling for proof of vaccinations prior to enrollment, but in the same story, their president "stressed" that they're not calling for mandatory vaccinations.

And people actually believe these people that they know best for their children?

I'm so glad that I live in a state here in the US where they're not mandatory, and an added bonus that my wife homeschools our children and we found a doctor who is more than willing to do vaccinations at our own pace and wishes. We are currently on the delayed schedule for our 20-month-old daughter, but there are going to be some that we outright refuse at some point.

Sadly, I'm not certain that this will be an option in the not-so-distant future :/

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Haha...I'm AB+ and never had any issues (that I know of) concerning vaccines. And with my mom being a skeptical, thing-for-one's-self kind of registered nurse when I was growing up, I'm sure she would have noticed.

Maybe I should ask her about it and see...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Down here in America (formerly the land of the free and the home of the brave, now the number one market for pharmaceuticals), there are a number of state laws doing the things you described. If you want to see your future, just take a look at America. Surly the drug industry, having created a successful market here will want to replicate it everywhere it can. You must inject a product into your veins for the common good. The companies providing the product obviously deserve immunity to law suits for their public service. The drug industry has a responsibility to its shareholders, so by law profit comes before health. You notice some European courts have acknowledged a connection between autism and vaccines, but non in America? That has to be stopped! We can't rely on junk science any more. America is the world leader in scientific development, only government certified studies will be allowed going forward.

You need to shut up now ipsedixit! How can you be so callous about children's health and welfare? Nobody is going to sacrifice the health of the nation's children, just to pander to the ideology of you nutty right-wing extremists!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
I am not against vaccinations, I think they are a vital part of keeping a healthy community, especially how dirty and gross little kids can be, and then shoving them all into a cramped room together, it's a brewing pot of germs and bacteria.

But that's the thing--being gross and dirty as children is what gives our bodies natural immunities to things that are not disfiguring or highly life-threatening. Vaccinations generally give temporary immunity, and even at that, immunity is not as prevalent or strong as most people assume.

I take natural immunity to things like chicken pox, measles, and the like over vaccinations any day. The risk of death is tiny, but the rewards for the natural immunities outweighs needing booster shots and possible (even if slightly possible) complications of someone shoving injections of questionable and unknown (to me) materials into my body.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

My sarcasm detector is going off on that last paragraph...I hope it's for a good reason

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Very nicely written!

I'm in America so it would be like the pot calling the kettle black. But your analogy of smoking by-laws is quite interesting.

Here in the USA I would also include seatbelt laws to this mix. "Now buckle up and be safe little sheep or else!"

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: rickymouse

Haha...I'm AB+ and never had any issues (that I know of) concerning vaccines. And with my mom being a skeptical, thing-for-one's-self kind of registered nurse when I was growing up, I'm sure she would have noticed.

Maybe I should ask her about it and see...

Yeah, I was just trying to stir things up and make people paranoid. Actually everything I said about my family was true, but my youngest daughter actually has a dna marker that means she makes antigens at a reduced rate, my second wife has it also. It isn't related to blood type I don't think. I do not have this marker neither does the other daughter or her kids. This marker is associated with the body going autoimmune and cykotine reactions being severe. But it also makes you hit sicknesses fast. You can't eat a lot of foods that build the immune system chemicals though or you can have problems. So I am guessing that people who cannot create antigens quickly are more at risk for the flu and should probably get vaccinated. I suppose since they started giving vaccines. It is part of the muccosal immunity function of the body if I understand it correctly. This is one of the possibilities I found while studying our DNA.

Since when is having a proper immunity system considered a disease? I suppose since they started giving vaccines. Having adverse reactions to these vaccines seems to make you defective when all through history you were a survivor.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: DAVID64

They just want conformity. They don't want a society, they, at least some of the "stakeholders", just want a plantation.

Of course they do! Welcome to the New World Order! Its "for the children"; comply or die.

Who are you to question the authorities?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: strongfp

But that's the thing--being gross and dirty as children is what gives our bodies natural immunities to things that are not disfiguring or highly life-threatening. Vaccinations generally give temporary immunity, and even at that, immunity is not as prevalent or strong as most people assume.

I take natural immunity to things like chicken pox, measles, and the like over vaccinations any day. The risk of death is tiny, but the rewards for the natural immunities outweighs needing booster shots and possible (even if slightly possible) complications of someone shoving injections of questionable and unknown (to me) materials into my body.

Small pox, polio, various Hepatitis, etc.
I guess those are bad vaccines?

The common flu shot is generally only given at the parents approval, just like any other one.

But saying vaccinations are bad? Get real, it has saved arguably millions, and millions of lives.

But, you are right, things like chicken pox, do not need to be vaccinated. But parents can easily just get a doctors note from their family doctor and say that their child does not need it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Medical totalitarianism. It's a huge threat. The time to fight is now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But, you are right, things like chicken pox, do not need to be vaccinated. But parents can easily just get a doctors note from their family doctor and say that their child does not need it.

No. That is not the objective. Please pay closer attention. First they will come for the kids with coercion then adults. A thug army is trained and ready. Dr.s are already Pharma operatives. They will not save you.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You are programmed to feel helpless. It's part of this obscene plan. Wake up.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think we may see more people home schooling in the future which I highly recommend assuming that the household can support itself on one income. I know that not everyone can afford that and my heart goes out to them. Even as a Trans woman I can see how feminism has helped to destroy the fabric of traditional family values, no hate against women whatsoever but that movement was unhealthy for us all.

Don't get me wrong I fully support a woman's right to work and earn equally to boot but I do feel as that sentiment as the new norm has hurt the traditional family in the sense that it has taken away the stay at home mother who nurtured and maintained the household on more than a superficial stance. Strong mothers were who ALSO had the TIME to do what needed to be done are a thing of the past. Note I'm not saying that you can't be a good or strong mother and work too but tell me and be honest that there are not areas where you feel or wish you had more time for your children.

This is by design, the destruction of the traditional family they want us all working long hours so as to not have any time or energy for self exploration and improvement. They want us poisoned by our food so that we run to big pharma to save us. Common core itself teaches children in an indirect way that they can no longer rely on the family and parental units for the answers they need but instead you must do as the establishment says. Just one more wedge in the family, I know firsthand my immediate family is nothing like that of the family my father had growing up which I have always been envious us.

Sorry to ramble off topic so back to the point, homeschool your children if you are able.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join