It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

A. A phrase made famous by Star Wars episode, The Empire Strikes Back. It is the pivotal plot twist in the movie and is usually misquoted in a feigned Darth Vader voice as “Luke, I am your father,” whenever someone named Luke introduces himself to a Star Wars fan. Star Wars purists maintain the full quote is actually “No, I am your father.”

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Very interesting, I've watched the star wars movies hundreds of times and always thought it was "luke" too.

Same with behrenstein bears one.

What is the sex in the city one you mentioned?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Just because.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: hidingthistime

I am not a troll, if you look through my history, I have almost always only been in the timeline threads, as this plagues me daily. Why trash the thread?

I apologize. There have been too many trolls on ATS since it started.

You can edit your posts to make the videos work.

But anyway it has always been "No, I am your father."

Thanks. Believe me, I WISH I could pooh pooh myself.... this one has rocked me to the core.... every time I think I can brainwash myself into no longer believing in time shifts, I get smacked with another whammy, and it is not fun.... I just wanna go home.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Very interesting, I've watched the star wars movies hundreds of times and always thought it was "luke" too.

Same with behrenstein bears one.

What is the sex in the city one you mentioned?

They have changed it to Sex "AND" the City in this timeline.... it is like they are changing as much as possible now, to prove they can/have...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

It's sex and the city. It makes more sense. The horse writes a column in New York.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

"The Hills are Alive"? What is that rubbish? Everyone knows it's ALWAYS been "The MILLS are Alive!"

This was a well-known musical meant to ecnourage desperate un-employed people in Germany (well Austria, during WWII, actually) to be hopeful that the economy was thriving during a time of dispair!

"Hills" HA!! Pfttt!

Timeline shift FTW.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

A. A phrase made famous by Star Wars episode, The Empire Strikes Back. It is the pivotal plot twist in the movie and is usually misquoted in a feigned Darth Vader voice as “Luke, I am your father,” whenever someone named Luke introduces himself to a Star Wars fan. Star Wars purists maintain the full quote is actually “No, I am your father.”

www.urbandictionary.com...

Show that to someone who watches it every year with friends, and just watched it last christmas, and watch them crap their pants, because that site would not have existed for THEM last christmas, for example...because it said LUKE, so it wasn't necessary to make the site.

I have an ex Bully from HELL named LUKE, so I always cringe from that name, and wouldn't cringe, from "NO, I am your father....." it was the "LUKE" part that gave me the yuck feelings.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You realize that many people think it's all intensive purposes and there are a host of other examples of people just hearing something like sex n the city and repeating it that way. I thought it was Carpe Launche for freaking ever instead of Carte Blanche. Carpe like Carpe diem, no idea where the launch came in. I heard it that way incorrectly when I was little and it just didn't click until my late twenties. Fish catapult.

People hear song lyrics incorrectly all the time too. I just learned its Men's Wearhouse not Warehouse.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
here is an important reply from someone else.... the PAUSE is also missing... the dramatic PAUSE. ......Exactly, they missed the PAUSE too!

This is really mind blowing for me. I knew someone named Luke and as a kid I used to point at him and say "Luke, I am your father". Everyone was saying it. There was no internet back then either to correct us but at the time everyone said "Luke, I am your father". The way he says "no, I am your" father doesn't even have a dramatic pause that was "Luke" *pause* "I AM YOUR FATHER"

Exactly, they missed the PAUSE too!

edit on 26-8-2015 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by hidingthistime because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The timeline changed yesterday Op. 06:00 GMT.
Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

4is that the one by larry niven or david niven - or does that depend on which timeline you are from ???

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

This is interesting it brings up many old "timeshifts" Bernstein bears being one, sex AND the city another, but mostly I think of that old comedy/rap song.. "Luke, I'm your father. I'm your father, I'm your father" I'll maybe embed that video tomorrow after some sleep.
I'm the meantime I would appreciate you looking at my thread, there could be a connection which answers some of your life long questions since your mother has regained interest in you.

Personally I regained interest in my mother in respect and love, I hope you feel the same way. Just posted this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Lol, done it myself.
Human nature......

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Since I am deaf I watch movies with CC (closed captioning). I have seen The Empire Strikes Back like 1000 times... oh no no no I think it's way over that. I wouldn't be surprised if I watched it like 10,000 times.

Every single time I read the CC and that line always comes out as "No, I am your father."

Even if I am deaf I can still hear Luke going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Ok I'll admit some of these are reaching to much.. There is one I struggle with, I watched billy Graham's funeral, I was with my dad when it was reported on radio he had died we both remember all of this, that his son was to take over his ministry. Now you are going to tell me that memory never happend? Is it misreporting? Who were they burying? How'd the story about son taking of the ministry come into to play? I have no #en idea but that # really disturbs me. It's not all celebrity bull# but that's the stuff everyone would notice, what's disturbing is if stuff like that can change what that is more intiment and personal to you can change as well?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
in the magical multiverse where no one is ever wrong :

stupid miss-heard lyrics

an extra time line for each and every one of them

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You realize that many people think it's all intensive purposes

Is it not 'intents' and purposes? As in the act of intending. So for all intents and purposes, meaning whatever the intended use or purpose of the object you are talking about.

I don't know what to make of all this time shift stuff. I did check out the Sex in the City thing and on eBay, where people are selling older things you can't get anymore and pictures of the objects I noticed all the DVDs etc were with the word THE but there were a lot of beauty products, e.g perfume named Sex IN the City. The only thing I could think of that may explain the change is a graphic one where the word AND fits better in the way the title is displayed, and so having changed it as popularity and promo material was made almost a brand, those who control the web just digitally expunged all the old entries. Maybe it is a test to see what can be changed and how many would believe it or be persuaded to believe it. Like in 1984 where history is constantly re-written and so it can't be proven it was anything other than what we are being told.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Just because.

I always liked the scene where she was skipping with the kids through the MacDonnell range singing "I Am Australian" in that achingly pure soprano.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Mondegreens?

I'm the god of velveeta, baby.

-Iron Butterfly
edit on 8/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join