It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's round up all the illegal immigrants!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: naftaland

" If The Constitution does not apply to everyone, it is worthless to everyone. "

The Constitution applies to American Citizens , Not Illegal Aliens who Break our Laws Sneaking in Here .

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Wrong, the constitution applies to everyone standing on US soil.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Last I checked, the Constitution only applied to citizens.

Find a lawyer and ask. You'll find out. Or if you believe this, test it. Try denying a non-US citizen Constitutional Rights, like conducting a search on their residence without warrant, and then call the cops and tell them you did this. Then you'll really find out.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" If The Constitution does not apply to everyone, it is worthless to everyone. "

The Constitution applies to American Citizens , Not Illegal Aliens who Break our Laws Sneaking in Here .

Good, you run out and deny Illegal Immigrants Constitutional Rights, call the cops, give them a written statement, and see what do what they do.
edit on 23-8-2015 by naftaland because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Wrong, the constitution applies to everyone standing on US soil.

Thank you! Finally someone grounded in reality!
edit on 23-8-2015 by naftaland because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
When I am outside of my home I make every effort to be one with nature. I don't harm insects or animals because I believe that is their 'home'. If I get stung or eaten by a bear it is my fault for being in their territory. When I see a bug or critter inside I either kill it or call an exterminator. This is because it is MY home they are invading and I have a natural right to defend my home and resources.

ETA: I consider deportation to be the same as taking the bug and putting it back outside. It is the humane way to deal with our illegal immigrant infestation.

Except you are taking the bug and putting it in a spider web. A lot of these people are escaping terrible brutality and war.

So, yeah. Your analogy doesnt work. I know you aree trying to come across as the caring guy who just wants to defend his "home", but conparing the USA to a house is ridiculous. And your lack of empathy for people whgo were not lucky enough to be born in the USA is obvious.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

When I am outside of my home I make every effort to be one with nature. I don't harm insects or animals because I believe that is their 'home'. If I get stung or eaten by a bear it is my fault for being in their territory. When I see a bug or critter inside I either kill it or call an exterminator. This is because it is MY home they are invading and I have a natural right to defend my home and resources.

ETA: I consider deportation to be the same as taking the bug and putting it back outside. It is the humane way to deal with our illegal immigrant infestation.

Except you are taking the bug and putting it in a spider web. A lot of these people are escaping terrible brutality and war.

So, yeah. Your analogy doesnt work. I know you aree trying to come across as the caring guy who just wants to defend his "home", but conparing the USA to a house is ridiculous. And your lack of empathy for people whgo were not lucky enough to be born in the USA is obvious.

Yes we should let everyone come over! Lets send ships over to Somalia to pick up there needy and desperate.. Open borders!! All come to America who want to, if that's 3 billion people who wanna come so bet it.. Gotta be fair right?
edit on 24-8-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar
Why don't you go ahead and vote for hillary while you're at it.

America is the melting pot, but we really should select which ingredients we want to melt into it.
Not just throw in whatever crawls in.

Get in line and fill out the proper forms.

If this is too difficult for someone then I really don't think they should be here.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The Bill of Rights grants some extensions to all peoples on US soil, however the whole document itself, the Constitution, does not.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The US Constitution doesn't apply to people. It applies to the Federal Government. The Bill of Rights (first 10 amendments) is a list of things the Federal Government is specifically not permitted to do.

My personal favorite, the 10th - Don’t exercise any power not authorized in this Constitution.

Boy have we let that horse out of the barn, past the pasture, over the fence and beyond the hill.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Yes we should let everyone come over! Lets send ships over to Somalia to pick up there needy and desperate.. Open borders!! All come to America who want to, if that's 3 billion people who wanna come so bet it.. Gotta be fair right?

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Yes, thats exactly what i said. Well done

/s

Im not suggesting that everyone is let in. Of course not. But lets not pretend that sending them back is like trapping a spider under a glass and putting it back outside. Its a global problem that involves real people with real feeling and real pain and suffering.

edit on 24-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Do you have something to back that up?

It would seem like the SCOTUS disagrees: Plyler v. Doe.

Texas officials had argued that unauthorized immigrants were not "within the jurisdiction" of the state and could thus not claim protections under the Fourteenth Amendment. The court majority rejected this claim, finding instead that "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment 'jurisdiction' can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful." The dissenting opinion also rejected this claim, agreeing with the Court that "the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies to aliens who, after their illegal entry into this country, are indeed physically 'within the jurisdiction' of a state."

ETA: There are some rights like voting and serving as a public official but even legal immigrants don't have those rights.

edit on 24-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The Supreme court has largely held that immigration law is immune from judicial review, mainly due to it being issues of both national security and foreign policy. This is how legal items such as the Alien Terrorist Removal Court can exist.

The case you presented only reaffirms my previous statement. The Bill of Rights gives some rights to illegal immigrants. However, illegal immigrants cannot vote, cannot hold public offices, and cannot own firearms, among other things that citizens can. Even the 14th Amendment does not dispute that. This is also why the 14th Amendment does not apply to children of diplomats or foreign visitors (that entered the country legally). If it doesn't apply to those foreigners, why should it apply to illegal immigrants?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
The case you presented only reaffirms my previous statement. The Bill of Rights gives some rights to illegal immigrants. However, illegal immigrants cannot vote, cannot hold public offices, and cannot own firearms, among other things that citizens can.

Those are the exceptions but every right not explicitly excluded is granted.

Even the 14th Amendment does not dispute that. This is also why the 14th Amendment does not apply to children of diplomats or foreign visitors (that entered the country legally). If it doesn't apply to those foreigners, why should it apply to illegal immigrants?

Not sure what you mean. Diplomats are covered my diplomatic immunity. Constitutional rights do apply to foreign visitors.

How about posting something that backs up you claim.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Im not suggesting that everyone is let in. Of course not. But lets not pretend that sending them back is like trapping a spider under a glass and putting it back outside. Its a global problem that involves real people with real feeling and real pain and suffering.

We have citizens who have real feelings and real pain and suffering as well. Until we can meet their needs, we shouldn't be meeting all the needs of anyone else. We have millions of unemployed citizens who need a job to feed their families. How is it right or fair that an illegal come here and get a job instead?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Let's do it! Round them up and give them citizenship! Way it won't be illegal anymore. And the ones that commit crimes will be arrested and I guess the right can put them in prison.

I also think that if we get them all in one place we could acknowledge their existence as human beings, instead of just statistics or ideas. You know, abstract titles like "anchor baby" and "border hopper" are not things that actually exist. You are literally referring to nothing when you say it.

All this hold up is meaningless. We could be improving the lives of people, instead they abandon towns in the darkness of night to run from us. And they still prefer that over their other country.

Where is the empathy?

Tell ya what...I'll meet you half way. Lets round them all up and make them citizens. Then every one of them that broke the law goes immediately to jail. Fair enough? Cause you know...that will be the vast majority since they entered the USA illegally.

Wanna play?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Wanna play?

I'm sure many would gladly spend the 6 months and/or pay the fine stipulated by law. Even the 2 year max for repeat offenders wouldn't deter many.

for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

my empathy lies with Kate Steinle.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Why not just open up the borders and allow anyone who wants to be an American citizen a citizen? That way they don't have to risk their lives crossing the border. Makes sense from where you come from. They could just walk through the American border and gain citizenship. See any problems with that? Oh are you a NWO type of person? You want that? To mix the GDP of Mexicao, U.S. and Canada? Sounds great huh? Like the Euro and and all, it's going pretty damn swell over there right?

Yes, let's make everyone a citizen who wants to live here and jail them properly in private prisons. Coming Soon! A multi billion dollar prison comlex to your home state, to produce jobs and endenture thousands. Your tax dollars at work to protect you.

In my neighborhood there is a crime a week, no murders in over 8 years. In Mexico city there are a hundred of murders a day. Yep, I want that here. Just bow down to your superiors while your at it and don't plan on any of your children or grandchildren having decent paying jobs. Sounds good right? No, but you want to be empathetic right? It is economical terrorism to allow illegals to become citizens at the stamp of a judge, and you are propagating this terrorism.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Let's do it! Round them up and give them citizenship! Way it won't be illegal anymore. And the ones that commit crimes will be arrested and I guess the right can put them in prison.

I also think that if we get them all in one place we could acknowledge their existence as human beings, instead of just statistics or ideas. You know, abstract titles like "anchor baby" and "border hopper" are not things that actually exist. You are literally referring to nothing when you say it.

All this hold up is meaningless. We could be improving the lives of people, instead they abandon towns in the darkness of night to run from us. And they still prefer that over their other country.

Where is the empathy?

Tell ya what...I'll meet you half way. Lets round them all up and make them citizens. Then every one of them that broke the law goes immediately to jail. Fair enough? Cause you know...that will be the vast majority since they entered the USA illegally.

Wanna play?

Why should our taxpayers jail them? Do you know how many prisons would have to be built to incorporate that infux? Hey maybe less whites and blacks would go to jail because as soon as new prisons were built they would be full. The OP must invest in private prison stock.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join