It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis oil cured my bowel cancer, claims father, 33, 'given just 18 months to live'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

It seems clear that there is enough information to explore the potential of cannabis as an anti tumor med, but the problem is that there needs to be more studies and when people start touting cancer cures in the media or on the internet with only anecdotal evidence at best, and straight up deceit and fabrication at worst, there are folks that will give up on statistically proven treatments that likely give them the best chance of survival. People should make their decisions based on the KNOWN FACTS about current treatments and not on speculation or fabrication.

Schedule 1 drugs are studied just like any other - their classification does not preclude them from research.

And for the record, I am in favor of decriminalization, but I am also in favor of beating cancer...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain

Go ahead and try getting the necessary permits and licenses. I hear it's REALLY easy.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I wouldn't try because I'm not doing research, but obtaining those permits is kinda what research hospitals and institutions are in the business of doing. Among other schedule 1 studies being done in my area is one treating cancer patients with psilocybin - not for any tumor killing properties it might have, but for psychological and emotional benefits cancer patients may derive from it.

There are plenty of schedule 1 drugs that are used in medical treatment (narcotic pain medication for instance) and even more used in research and they all have to go through research and testing.

The US government has a farm in Mississippi where they grow cannabis to supply to researchers. I believe the DEA also supplies researchers with confiscated weed, although with the reforming of laws, that is becoming less necessary. If cannabis is the silver bullet for cancer (which I doubt as cancer is really hundreds of different ailments that fall under one umbrella), they will figure it out via a lot of research and testing - not because some dude on the internet says so...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The mind is a curious thing.

If you BELIEVE that cannabis will cure you, then it will.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The mind is a curious thing.

If you BELIEVE that cannabis will cure you, then it will.

Sarcasm? Can't tell...

If not, good luck with that...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Keep deluding yourself......

No prescriptions are allowed to be written for Schedule I substances, and such substances are subject to production quotas which the DEA imposes. Moreover, it is illegal, and indeed a Class 1 federal felony, even to conduct any otherwise legitimate scientific research of any kind on Schedule I substances.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 30-8-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Kapusta
Nothing brave about it really, you just get on with it. Get you head down and slog through it. There's not much choice really. It's been 13 years now, it's come back 4 times in those 13 years, which has meant a lot of treatment. I've been very lucky, many people don't last this long with this type of tumour. I've been lucky that I manage to tolerate the chemo well. Pretty much ruined any chance of a normal life , but I'm still alive. You learn to accept the things you miss out on in life and make the most of what you have. It could always be worse.

wow 13 years ... I don't know what to say .

What advice would you give to someone who is newly diagnosed ?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Keep deluding yourself......

No prescriptions are allowed to be written for Schedule I substances, and such substances are subject to production quotas which the DEA imposes. Moreover, it is illegal, and indeed a Class 1 federal felony, even to conduct any otherwise legitimate scientific research of any kind on Schedule I substances.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Huh...

I wonder how all these clinical studies were carried out?...

JHU Psilocybin & Smoking Study

JHU PSILOCYBIN CANCER PROJECT

NYU Psilocybin & Cancer Study

University of New Mexico Psilocybin Research

List of University of California's Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research Clinical Studies

Study of MDMA in the treatment of PTSD

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies list of Research papers

I guess these institutions are all flouting US drug laws. Someone should inform the DEA...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I guess they are because that is a direct quote from the Controlled_Substances_Act.

BTW....maybe go back and read what I actually said.

I said "not many" which means that there are a few but NOT MANY.

When you can post more than a handful of studies, I'll concede. Until then I'll rely on what is commonly known.

That it is near impossible to do an independent study on cannabis being a schedule 1 drug.

Notice I said "near"? Before I get a response of "nah uh...there is one or two studies......."
edit on 31-8-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Believe what you want. You quoted the CSA, and I provided some of the examples that show exemptions are made.

DEA Research Protocols

If you want to see more (studies with published results at least), you can search here (click the "clinical trial" and "human" filter on the left): NIH DataBase

In the end, I hope they pursue whatever promising avenues are out there to bring more treatment options to people with cancer...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join