It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea shells S Korean border unit . South Korea retaliates .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

"Our military in response launched dozens of rounds of 155mm shells towards the site from which the North Korean military launched the rocket artillery," the ministry said in a statement.

ETA . Since my OP it seems things have hotted up . Seems like my original question (below) to the members of ATS can wait .

www.9news.com.au...

Link for the souths responce .

Seems like my favourite little dictator is up to it again . First it was the land mines in the DMZ and now this . Nothing new you might say , and rightly so , just the only fat person in NK up to his old tricks again . But i will throw this out there . Do his generals from time to time poke the bear so to speak just to show lil Kim they are on board with him . Seems like for a while now Kim has had an execution/disappearing thing going on with those close or even those not so close to him including family . Do his generals who are feeling a bit vulnerable do these things to take the heat of themselves , or is it driven from much higher . Thoughts ATS .

North Korea on Thursday has shelled a South Korean military unit on the western section of the inter-Korean border, the South's Yonhap news agency says, citing military sources.

The Defence Ministry said it could not immediately confirm the report, which comes at a time of elevated cross-border tensions, following a landmine attack earlier this month that Seoul blamed on Pyongyang.

That is basically the link for the shelling , below are links for the uncle and the land-mines.

www.reuters.com...
www.abc.net.au...

ETA www.9news.com.au...

seems like it is hotting up as the south has retaliated .

How interesting is that . The quote above saying north Korea fired first was grabbed from a newsfeed . The link i provided for that goes to the retaliation link . the news feed i linked is no longer , just a substitute . WHAT IS GOING ON .

edit on 20-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2015 by hutch622 because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is coming across as breaking news on twitter with foxnews as a source. Their headline is saying he south is returning fire against the north.

if I had to guess this is a result of the North Koreans firing on the South's loudspeakers along the border. The south started up broadcasting after the landmine incident. Reports earlier stated N. Korea had reopened some of their firing posts across from the South's loudspeaker. Apparently some hours ago the north started shooting at the speakers to disable them.

The S. Korean President stated any military attack will be met with force. The S. Korean President / MoD / joint Chiefs already stated S. Korean military officials no longer need to contact those individuals in order to get permission to return fire. They are now able to do it on their own.

We are going to see which side backs down. My guess will be neither and as always we are one bad bottle of Tequila away from a resumption of the war on the Korean peninsula.

FoxNews - North, South Korea exchange artillery fire across border
edit on 20-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
....and South Korea have ordered an evacuation...

www.bbc.co.uk...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Here we go.

Lil kimmy is just plain stupid. NK has practically no resources, barely electricity. It would take a simple afternoon, break times included, to wipe out their infrastructure.

A lame attempt at sabre rattling will do them in.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

The problem is North Korean threats on nuclear weapons use. I truly believe little kimmy will use them on the south.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: smirkley

The problem is North Korean threats on nuclear weapons use. I truly believe little kimmy will use them on the south.

Yup and japan

It will be north Koreas death blow as even china would turn on them militarily wise.
Still millions will die.

Thanks George W Bush for going after Iraq while letting North Korea get real WMD,s.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Thanks George W Bush for going after Iraq while letting North Korea get real WMD,s.

I do agree with what you stated here regarding the bigger threat. With that said the US does not have to lead everything. The UN command established for S. Korea includes like 15 other countries. Is there any reason the UK or France or etc etc could not have led an action to end N. Korea?

I mean all these nations are still at war since the Korean war never ended. There is only a cease fire in effect.

I get the impression that had the US went into N. Korea instead of Iraq we would see people complaining about it. I don't understand the mentality when people complain about US action only to complain about inaction.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually UK has formal diplomatic relations now with NK.

Anyway UK was to busy wasting its time in GD IRAQ to do anything about NK!

Plus what the hell is our small army meant to accomplish anyway? So yes thefe is a reason we couldn't, we have a small armed forces your country tied up in a insignificant ME dirt hole.

Not to mention the USA is the one being threatend with nukes along with SK and japan not the uk.

For a sure win in NK it needs USA or China.

As for complaing let me see?

Maybe if the US actually took out REAL threats to national and world security instead of invading countrys with zero point to expand a few politicians stock portfolios they would be LESS criticism?

Its not action thats the problem, its were the USA keeps directing that action! Not sure why thats such a hard concept to understand ?

edit on 20-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't launch a Nuke.

Remember War Games movie when they didn't push the button? I bet theGenerals in NK wouldn't dare not push the button.

Think that the South and Allies could get enough Cruise Missiles off to disable all remaining launch sites if one was launched?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Remember War Games movie when they didn't push the button? I bet theGenerals in NK wouldn't dare not push the button.

Think that the South and Allies could get enough Cruise Missiles off to disable all remaining launch sites if one was launched?

It wont be THAT bad.

Ant nuclear war will be local to that area and even then little kim only has a few dozen.

Millions will die, but the rest of the world will carry on.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

It wont be THAT bad.

Ant nuclear war will be local to that area and even then little kim only has a few dozen.

Well hopefully they will go off target and hit Pakistan, I quite like the Koreans.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

just a little flippant about the millions of innocents .

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

That wasn't my intent.

My point was as horrific as a nuclear war there world be, it wont me a extinction level event for the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Fat boy Kim, for the love of peace, spare everyone the head ache and misery and quite breathing already.

The people of NK and SK will prosper without you. You're just kidding yourself.

Peace
edit on 20-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

That wasn't my intent.

My point was as horrific as a nuclear war there world be, it wont me a extinction level event for the rest of the world.

Actually my point was that I didn't want him to launch a nuke to get 10 more fired at him and kill millions more. It would be nice if it were possible to wipe out all his Nukes on the ground and the fat man and then say to NK, want to play ball or want us to dismantle you bit by bit until you play ball?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

And ignorant of the fact one nuke would end south Korea.

We aren't talking about A bombs and leveling a city.

A nuke is thousands of times more powerful.

Think firecracker vs a 1 lbs block of C4.

That is a pretty fair comparison.
edit on 20-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2015 by johnwick because: Flipping autocorrect!!!!! Grrrrr!!!! Had to fix the same thing 2 times!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

We are talking North Korean Nukes mate, I would go with A bomb if it worked at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Actually North Korea are still on basic fission devices which are like the old WW2 Nukes.

Still will kill millions if they launch enough, but still far from the the megaton H bombs.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Seems like my favorite little dictator is up to it again .

Yah, what a bummer, they want their country back.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

if I had to guess this is a result of the North Koreans firing on the South's loudspeakers along the border.

Oh, I thought they resent the US occupation of the 'southern' half of the Korean Peninsula.

It is Korea, right? Not the US? Okay, just checking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join