It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise! Multiple Investigations of Planned Parenthood Show No Wrong Doing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Oh thank God! The Obama administration didn't officially find evidence of laws being broken. We can all sleep better at night knowing the killing of babies and doling out of their parts like a meat market is completely legal.

What about Georgia, Indiana and South Dakota? This is starting to be absolutely ridiculous!

By the way, no I don't sleep well at all knowing that our government has killed millions of innocent children, women and men in the last few decades via bomb, drone, AK, what have you.

I haven't seen one "pro-lifer" comment on the horrors of war, nor make one effort to stop it. Or the death penalty. Or execution by cop. Or a thousand other ways that the government kills actual human people.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As I said in my first post, although I do think the credibility of HHS is pretty questionable, I've said right from the start that there may not be anything illegal going on here. I don't know how that's 'weaseling', unless you have a reading comprehension problem.

As for cost, you're the one that brought that up, not I. But I would remind you that as for that 'corporate welfare' and defense spending, your Democrat president signs those bills, too.

edit on 20-8-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

As I said in my first post, although I do think the credibility of HHS is pretty questionable, I've said right from the start that there may not be anything illegal going on here. I don't know how that's 'weaseling', unless you have a reading comprehension problem.

As for cost, you're the one that brought that up, not I.

You patently ignored the fact that there have been more investigations than the one at HHS, and you tried to make that look like there was government collusion going on based on political affiliation.

I brought up the cost of the investigations you want to have. You tried to expand that to a wider political context.

I amend my comment; you are not weaseling -- you're prevaricating outright.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You patently ignored the fact that there have been more investigations than the one at HHS, and you tried to make that look like there was government collusion going on based on political affiliation.

Not quite. I was responding to another poster, who indicated that HHS had a credibility problem given its political ties. Yes, I did agree with that. But I also said there may not be anything to any of this as well. I didn't mention the state level investigations, because the poster I responded to didn't mention them.

And I never ignored those, because I acknowledged them in your first reply. Again, I think they're probably truthful. Again, though, I don't know if what's happening in a handful of states is representative of the entire country or not. As I've said since the start, it may be that nothing illegal has happened.

Like I've said all along, I see no harm in having a bipartisan investigation to look into this. We want the truth, don't we? I'm not sure why you're so afraid of that.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Quite. Actually, exactly.

Since your memory seems quite short, here's what you said:

originally posted by: thinline
Lol, did anyone expect Obama administration to find anything a liberal organization does to be illegal. If this follow suit, someone will get a promotion or a cushy lobbyist job

Yeah, its not too surprising that a department of the Obama administration, headed by a longtime Democrat political operative, would find no evidence of wrongdoing by one of the far-left's favorite pet organizations. You think there might be a credibility problem there? Nah, couldn't be.

Understand, I don't know if there's anything technically illegal going on there or not, but I see no harm in having something resembling an independent or bipartisan investigation into the matter. Either way, lets find out.

So, "Obama", "democratic political operative', "far-left", "favorite pet organization" are all just neutral descriptions, right?

LOL. You're going to have to get up earlier to sell that.

Look, why not admit that you were suggesting that there was political collusion in the HHS findings, that you didn't reference the results of investigations conducted by right-wing State governments because they didn't suit that narrative, that you doubled down and made it VERY CLEAR that your real objection here is an utterly partisan one ... I mean, come on.

The record of what you've said is clear. You, like most wingers, are in favor of interminable "investigations" of matters that have already been settled time and time and time again.

Why deny that? Why try to make it seem that you have said something other than you said?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I see. You're really just upset because I took a cheap shot at this administration and the Democrat party.

And no, I didn't bring up the state investigations in the first post. I was only responding to his particular point, but regardless, I'm not making your side's case for you, anyway.

edit on 20-8-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I see. You're really just upset because I took a cheap shot at this administration and the Democrat party.

And no, I didn't bring up the state investigations in the first post. I was only responding to his particular point, but regardless, I'm not making your side's case for you, anyway.

Not at all. (As you try to pivot once again and make this about me ... )

I couldn't care less what your political leanings are ... I care about the facts on this particular subject being misrepresented.

Actually, you've made it very clear that the "issues" with Planned Parenthood aren't real issues, they're merely political talking points. In post after post.

Good job!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Oh, get over yourself. Seriously, it was rather obvious that I was taking a political cheap shot in that first post.

Still, I've yet to hear a good reason why we shouldn't have a bipartisan investigation into this. Again, we want the truth, right? If it turns up nothing, you can feel free to say 'I told you so'. You seem like you'd enjoy doing that. Repeatedly, I might add.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh, get over yourself. Seriously, it was rather obvious that I was taking a political cheap shot in that first post.

Still, I've yet to hear a good reason why we shouldn't have a bipartisan investigation into this. Again, we want the truth, right? If it turns up nothing, you can feel free to say 'I told you so'. You seem like you'd enjoy doing that. Repeatedly, I might add.

I always try to give other ATS members the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, you proved to be just another partisan.

Why have an investigation into something that has proven to be not true in every invesigation done at every level of government, every time the issue has come up?

I'll answer; no reason.

If you and the other wingers want to get all riled up about fraudulent videos made by known liars, that's your deal.

Why should America pay for more investigations into more of your politically-motivated nonsense?

I'll answer that one too: WE SHOULDN'T.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Again, its a handful of states. I don't know if that's representative of the rest or not. It may be, it may not be. But if you're going to use taxpayer money to fund this organization, then yes, I think those people who disagree with such usage have a right to know where their money is going and how its being used.

And once again, regarding cost, just consider something for a moment here. Those people upset about this? They think that these types of programs are YOUR politically-motivated nonsense that their tax dollars are paying for. Take off your own partisan blinders for a moment and try to see the other side's argument.

If there's nothing going on here, you can put the nail in the coffin with a bipartisan investigation. But if not, this may not go away.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: intrptr

So, Georgia, Massachusetts, Indiana and South Dakota are all lying too?

It sounds like anyone who doesn't agree with the fraudulent narrative is automatically lying, eh?

The thread I linked covered results of investigations revealing violations. The Dept of Health said theres no violations. Just a statement for mass consumption.

Pretty bold considering caught on tape admissions of people in the PP hierarchy. But (most of main street) who haven't taken the time to actually review the videos will go oh, the government said theres no wrong doing, so… okay.

There, instant absolution. The government has spoken… and minions follow up.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
There, instant absolution. The government has spoken… and minions follow up.

Not that we're "minions", but we're hardly "following up". I've been proclaiming their innocence since I saw the unedited version of the first video and made a judgment based on LOGIC instead of emotion.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78
Too bad for your theory only five states even participate in donations for stem cell research.

Same question to you as above. Who would you have do the investigating?

ETA: Oh I see. Bipartisan. How about non-partisan, as in medical professionals?
edit on 8/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I've been proclaiming their innocence since I saw the unedited version of the first video and made a judgment based on LOGIC instead of emotion.

You proclaim their innocence… all of them?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Minions.

How precious.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I've been proclaiming their innocence since I saw the unedited version of the first video and made a judgment based on LOGIC instead of emotion.

Innocent until proven guilty, right?

I'd support a full investigation if there was enough credible evidence to warrant one. So far it does not appear that an investigation is needed.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Planned Parenthood. That's who everyone wants to defund and shut down. They're the ones so many want to see in court or in prison.

I even said that if any individuals within the organization should be found to be participating in something illegal, they should be arrested and tried. But PP shouldn't be punished for something someone in their organization did.

Fortunately, no wrong doing was found.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Clearly, if you're going to have a bipartisan investigation, its going to have to involve Congress.

Like I said to the other guy, cheap political shots aside, I don't know if there's any wrongdoing here, but these investigations so far, particularly that one by HHS, are going to be a tough sell among people upset by this. Its not likely to just 'go away'.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'd support a full investigation if there was enough credible evidence to warrant one. So far it does not appear that an investigation is needed.

Sounds like Ferguson "announcement".

Nothing to see here…

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Would now be a good time to look at these laws and change them?

The laws are working as intended. Why should we change them?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join