It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire George Soros warms up to coal as stock prices hit bottom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Billionaire investor George Soros, who has demonized fossil fuels for years through his think tanks and political contributions, seems to have warmed up to Big Coal now that stocks are dirt cheap.

The left-wing hedge fund legend has raised eyebrows with major purchases of stock in two large coal companies, firms his critics say he helped bring to their knees. While buying low is the hallmark of any shrewd investor, buying coal goes against the political and environmental ideology Soros has long espoused.

Link

So Soros who has been an enemy of fossil fuels has went and bought a lot of stock in two large coal companies. The question is did he have a change of heart or simply about money?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hhmm.
Bankrupt the coal companies then buy them cheap..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And for those of you who don't believe in reincarnation....I give you JP Morgan part 2.

"I'm surprised because he seems so concerned about the world"....said the 20 yr. old OWS supporter! /sarcasm
edit on 18-8-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
He probably knows Bush will be selected.
Loosening regs on coal.

I'd buy too if I had some extra gambling scratch.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
this move makes me wonder what he "knows"

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I saw this a few days ago.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

www.breitbart.com...

He knows the next president is going to be Republican and the regs will be undone like Mandroid said.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

originally posted by: Bluntone22

www.breitbart.com...

He knows the next president is going to be Republican and the regs will be undone like Mandroid said.

I don't think that's the reason.
He knows the carbon cuts will leave the country with a shortage of electricity.
He knows that kicking coal back into gear will fix that problem and will call it a necessary evil.
He knows he will make billions doing it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You make good points, it's going to be hard for him to denounce coal again in the future now he has his hand in the business.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The company he bought, Peabody, peaked at $90 a share before Obama. Now it is $1 a share. He bought around 1.25 million shares. If it rebounds he makes a little over a hundred million. He has spent billions bastardizing the US coal industry.
It doesn't make monetary sense. He is still out more money destroying US coal. Therefore it must be gloating, he wants people to see him buying it on its death bed as his man Obama the coal destroyer fades out of the picture because it must give him some sort of power rush orgasm.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
He might know about some kind of new anti-pollution device for coal.

And he might know the CO2 scare might be a hoax.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Indeed.

The duplicity is stunning (along with the politic, enviro Kabuki theatre). Soros BANKROLLED the Obama coronation back in 2008 (BHO had a meteoric rise to displace Hillary Clinton). Soros then bankrolled numerous Green "concerns" including Global Warming/Cooling/ClimateChange. His protege, now the elected President Obama, stays true to his campaign promise of "bankrupting coal fired electric plants" to meet draconian EPA carbons regs (of his own Administrations). Coal fired plants close. Electric rates jump. Coal firms go into financial receivership....and here come Soros to buy (pennies on the dollar) what he caused to fail.

Quid pro quo, and the American voter gets suckered again .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What better way to have control over something than to buy the majority of the stocks? Maybe push fossil fuels in a different direction?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He might know about some kind of new anti-pollution device for coal.

And he might know the CO2 scare might be a hoax.

My money is on the latter.After reading this post I am sure it is

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Or he (Soros) is just beginning to "bargain" shop as coal is concerned. These are not "nice" people concerned what their actions reap upon the miners, their communities, or the electric dependent consumer. We are the pawns, they are the Kings and Queens.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yea more money for the rich basturd.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Or he (Soros) is just beginning to "bargain" shop as coal is concerned. These are not "nice" people concerned what their actions reap upon the miners, their communities, or the electric dependent consumer. We are the pawns, they are the Kings and Queens.

He spent more money destroying coal, now he is making sure everyone knows his power evidenced by these MSM stories highlighting him buying useless coal stocks at $1 to plaster his name around. He spent billions destroying coal while he invested in alternative energy. If he drops all of his alternative energy stocks then take notice.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Great - now I know what to buy tomorrow morning.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

So Soros who has been an enemy of fossil fuels has went and bought a lot of stock in two large coal companies. The question is did he have a change of heart or simply about money?

Well...actually , this is "Climate Change" at its core function for the "elite".
Aka known as wealth redistribution.

Take from the poor, middle class and deposit to elite coffers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join