It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tianjin was an act of sabotage and major escalation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This would make zero sense as a target.

How so?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mungbean

In World War 2 Germany lost because of one link in the chain above all others.

We don't have to take out every factory, just one link breaks the chain.

We targeted ball bearing plants, and ground their war machine to a halt.

To make everything mechanical you need ball bearings.

They are the single item that takes out every single means of mechanized warfare production.

If you take out a port, it only makes supply chains linger and harder to protect.

But is still useful in attrition warfare, to generally make life tougher for the enemy, thus wearing them down slowly over time.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Tianjin, China Explosion of August 12, 2015- What Really Happened? Expose the MSM Lies
edit on 16-8-2015 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The way I see it is that the World war has allready started. It is just in the economic phase and warming up to total war. I find it amazing that any worldly intelligent purpose can't see there are many motives for this. Like i said earlier - people need to stop looking at the tree and get a good view of the forest.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: ketsuko

Given the Chinese system, gross incompetence, corruption, and negligence are also not at all beyond the realm of possibility, and Occam's Razor makes them the most likely culprits.

I completely agree. People seem to see the Chinese as a finely orchestrated competitive system when they are so beyond corrupt they make the American congress look angelic. Their economy simply benefitted from the economic environment of cheap goods make money for a while (that never lasts - there's always some other desperate country willing to work cheaper).

The world media, however, played up "Chinese superiority" which is a complete croc.

Now, now. Blaming the Chinese won't do you any good. The only reason why congress don't got full control, just like China is because the people refuse to take orders. Your just lucky America hasn't taken over the world, yet. In America corporations are waiting, government is waiting, gangs are waiting. In China, Officials are waiting, and the government is waiting.

The difference is, US does it secretly. While China does it openly.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
After looking at all the damage caused by the blast, there is huge stockpile of damaged steel that is going to be scraped/recycled. All the damaged cars, crushed cargo containers, damaged steel frame buildings etc. etc. who is going to get the contract to recycle all this metal? Its going to be a gold mine to the steel industry and may drop the price of steel for competing countries.

Similar to 9/11 and all the scrap metal from the twin towers being shipped off to be recycled..
edit on 16-8-2015 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

towers steel sold around the world
edit on 16-8-2015 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

HERE is a theory I put up in another thread about that as a possibility and why I don't know factaully...www.thecontroversialfiles.net...

The purpose of such a weapon is of course DENIABILITY as they don't exist...even though it wsa designed for Reagan and his STARWARS program.
edit on 16-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mungbean

Isn't this a plot from a James Bond movie?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Have not seen any of the Bond films. I know the rods from god are used in the latest GI Joe movie ( not that I have seen it yet )

Lot's of science fiction does eventuate in real life. But I wouldn't class this technology as fiction. It really is quite plausible.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The blasts were NOT RELATED, blast 1, the small blast, happened on the West side of the container lot, and was the crater everyone first saw with containers laying in it, thinking that was from the big blast. It was not. Blast 2, the lake making wMD type blast, happened on the East side of the container lot. The fire happened to the South of both blasts, approximately centered between them, and was ONLY A FIRE, there is no conceivable way it could produce blasts on both sides of a container lot, separated by over 200 yards. The materials in question simply could not do it. The warehouse that supposedly holding whatever exploded was erased by the large blast, as was everything else around that blast.
A little bit more of a detailed explanation: If the blast happened at ground level, almost all of the energy would go upwards and the blast would not have made a large deep crater, especially one large enough and deep enough to make that lake. If you look to the right hand side of the lake, you can see fracture patterns in the earth, which were caused by the earth being compressed sideways and not downwards. This would only be done with a sub surface blast. After the blast, the earth bounced back towards the center of the lake, which opened up the cracks. Something penetrated the ground there most definitely !

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I guess it could be an attack of some kind, but having been involved in UK company setting up facilities in China, I'm telling you now that they're very good at fast and cheap. Quality and safety is a different matter altogether.

Careless construction, faulty safety features, simple incompetence is far more likely to have caused this.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
mungbean:

...is it really too far fetched to think this was a definite attack.

Yes, it is. The worst case scenario you could possibly apply to this blast is that it was an act of self-sabotage by the owner, for either financial gain, as in insurance, due to the financial problems with the yuan, or the deliberate destruction of illegal materials being stored so as to avoid prosecution? This was not an attack of any kind. This was not China's 9/11.

I believe it started out as a fire. The fire service was tackling it when the explosions occurred. A young fire fighter was found and pulled out alive from underneath the rubble, so it is obvious that the fire service was on the scene prior to the explosions. heat transference (not fire itself) caused materials to explode. The first initial blast then spread fire and destruction widely, contaminating and heating other materials which also rapidly exploded.

I don't doubt that cost-cutting or poor knowledge on safety handling of the material's storage played a part in the accident. By all means, speculate, but this was no attack.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

But nothing I have heard yet explains that crater. approx 300 foot across with a fractured ridge of earth around it - and if you look closely it is DEEP - ! If you look at the images where the largest crater is from the second explosion - there does not seem to be anything there but containers ??
I used to work at sealand in Adelaide - a cargo port and from my understanding there is no way something like tis could happen. The chinese are not that backward and incomppetent - this is outdated dogma. Perhaps at a lower business level. But one of their main and most crucial ports - with that level of importance I doubt very much that there procedures and precautionary measures would e any less than any other port inn the world. Corruption is everywhere ! But at such an important site to write it off as poor safety procedures seems a little too dismissive for me.
And anyway, if it was found safety regulations and laws were breached through corruption or what have you - would that not make any insurance payment null and void ? ( not sure - just a question )
Anyway, if anyone with the smarts could explain to me how a chemical explosion above ground could possibly create such a deep penetrating 3 acre hole in the ground ? Because with my limited knowledge of physics it just doesnt add up.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So what is the motive for an attack?

Oh and it cant be rods from god! If they did exists, they would be pretty more spectacular than that and being as though firefighters were already on the scene fighting a fire before the blasts, it looks more like the fire spread to something that went bang.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think it may have been sabotage, there are russian rivers on fire massive explosions in Texas all in the same week. This looks like it could be a covert war of sorts.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
MungBean:

...nothing I have heard yet explains that crater...

Actually, the explosions explain the crater...two massive blasts! What needs to be ascertained from paperwork (invoices and manifestos) kept elsewhere and not destroyed in the blasts is a list of what materials were being stored there? Delivery invoices kept by the trucking companies will help to establish some of the materials. If the Head Office of the storage facility is elsewhere, they can retrieve all the information investigators need from there, along with Management Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).

MungBean:

...with my limited knowledge of physics, it just doesn't add up.

You answer your own curiosity. It doesn't add up to you precisely because you have a limited knowledge of physics and chemical reactions. So it must be an attack, but it wasn't, just a large amount of stored materials exploding.Other posters on this thread want it to be an attack as it will fit in with their chaotic world view. Differing mindsets are the hardest issues to reconcile.
edit on 16/8/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
but a surface blast like that no matter what the chemicals will not produce a crater like that... show me where that has ever happened before. And when I compare it to ALL the other chemical explosions I have seen for comparison.. well it just seems like a whole nother ballgame here.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Im not sure why someone would think this is sabotage...

I mean unless something magical was hidden there that we don't know about you basically blew up a factory and killed a few people....

Sabotage was the stuxnet virus in the Iranian centrifuges....now that makes complete sense. en.wikipedia.org...

It is really really hard to think sabotage considering accidents happen across China and the USA quite often....now if you provide me some intel on that factory that blew up and show me where something cool was there...then I may buy the sabotage theory...but it is possible we will never know that anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Did you read my OP ? There is a long extensive history of sabotage by world powers usiong covert means during times of intense conflict ? Where have the dynamics of the geopolitical climate changed since then ? please explain... lol

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Perhaps a little knowledge of history and some understanding of the art sabotage would help you reallise the possible motives here. It is a well known tactic used in every conflict throughout history.
Maybe read into the various setbacks this has caused for china's exports and imports, their currency, their oil and gas supplies, their environment, their pride and so many other ripple effects and then you may understand why there is definitely a motive for sabotage.
Why did there have to be something cool there ??? do you have any comprehension of the economic implications this causes china ?
Obviously you either did not read or simply ignored the info in my OP - it is a common tactic used in all times of heightened conflict.
Yet you refuse to even briefly entertain the idea ???
edit on 16-8-2015 by mungbean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join