It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Officer From Viral Photo Compares #BlackLivesMatter to KKK and Skinheads

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
All lives matter and I do find the #Blacklivesmatter crowd to be strongly anti-white and passive aggressively racist.

This is why, as a liberal, I have become disenchanted with the social justice movement. While many of the goals are laudable and reasonable, too many people within the movement think it's okay to dismiss, disparage, generalize, stereotype, etc, all white people, or to treat a random white person badly because of history.

Then there is a large majority of the other social justice people who, when hearing social justice warriors or minorities go off on white people or on a random white person, stay silent or even clap or laugh. Etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

A state police officer apprehended a 37 year old man who kidnapped, raped, and tried to hang me from a tree, in 1986. I was 15, at the time, and I 'saved' myself from being murdered by telling/gurgling/screaming to the guy that I loved him while gagged with my own bra. But it was the state police who caught him after a 7 hour standoff. The VINE system in my state alerted me when he was set free after 11 years.

I refuse to participate in trashing police officers as if they are all corrupt, ruthless racists. There are so many good people dedicated to serving and protecting the public. No black people were involved in what happened to me, but nothing has changed, in my lifetime, in terms of police use of lethal force -- not since I was 15....except the media attention.

There is an agenda behind all the recent media attention, and I question that agenda. It seems the 'feds' are always called in to make things worse....errr...make things better whenever a 'bad cop' story appears in the headlines these days.

Needless to say, I am more concerned about an agenda than I am about racist cops run amok.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It is not those kinds of folks i am defending. Just like i won't defend whites who are openly racist.
Some black folks are not happy with the way they are treated as a whole. They are treated unfairly and have been literally beaten down as a people. White people are the ones who have been at the helm for the last 400 years. Nobody can make a sensible argument against that. Who can blame some of them for pointing that fact out. If you want to call that racist then it is merely in answer to the direct effect of the whites who are openly racist towards them. I live in Tn, there is an open racism policy here. I hear blacks being talked down to and openly called N like some people say good morning. Not that this is the only place you see open racism towards blacks, but i sure as # would get pissed if i heard that # everyday of my life.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Mother the agenda is as plain as day. The eventual nationalization of the police forces. The "majority" of the people will scream for it, the politicians will do their duty and make it happen. This stuff being magnified is nothing but theatrical fodder towards that. When it happens, people won't want what they got.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It is not those kinds of folks i am defending. Just like i won't defend whites who are openly racist.
Some black folks are not happy with the way they are treated as a whole. They are treated unfairly and have been literally beaten down as a people. White people are the ones who have been at the helm for the last 400 years. Nobody can make a sensible argument against that. Who can blame some of them for pointing that fact out. If you want to call that racist then it is merely in answer to the direct effect of the whites who are openly racist towards them. I live in Tn, there is an open racism policy here. I hear blacks being talked down to and openly called N like some people say good morning. Not that this is the only place you see open racism towards blacks, but i sure as # would get pissed if i heard that # everyday of my life.

Would love to know what county you live in. As I live in TN as well. Not only is there no open racism policy as you state but at no point do I ever hear the open language you state is happening. I am all over the place, hermitage, Mr. Juliet, cool springs, Brentwood, Franklin, Lebanon, downtown, etc. So where exactly are you claiming this is happening? I was thinking that possibly you were on some admirable social justice mission and not thought about some of the realistic obstacles you would see. After that last post I believe not only are you completely misguided but you are telling lies to fit your narrative. Before you try and tell me some little town in TN I have never been in I have about 30 family members here, from Williamson county , to Portland, to spring hill, etc. Not happening there either. You tell me where the open racist policy and open racial slurs are going on all the time in TN

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: Woodcarver

This is not a cancer issue. This is a human life issue.

Feel free to attempt to draw any and all correlations you wish.
Haha. I am not saying this is a cancer issue. Do you not understand the point i made? I guess you don't.
I don't need to call you a racist. Your own words make it painfully obvious.

Ok, if my words make it so painfully obvious that I am a racist....

Makes me wonder what wonderful labels I could throw on you.

But you see, I'm not "that" person. You filled that role, and there is no further need.

Also, I take great offense at your aspersions. I am going to be bringing it up with the board moderators.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I personally do not care whether you like cops or not, regardless of what they've done or been accused of doing...

But this viral photos is what matters to me...

Original article

#BlackLivesMatter *IS* a racist front. It *IS* no different than the KKK or Skinheads.

We are either in this together, or we're not in it at all.

I'd give my life for yours...would you gives yours for mine?

Flame on. Chances are, I won't even read any responses to this. I can hear the crying now.

How many people have "Black Lives Matter" killed? Because the KKK has killed many thousands of Americans, burned a countless number of black majority churches, and personally maintained Jim Crow laws in the South. In its prime in the 1920s, the KKK claimed control over more than half of the state legislatures, with 1 in every 4 white males in the South being official members.

Skinheads & neo-Nazis follow the teachings and ideology of Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis literally killed 10s of millions of people, including being responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million white Slavic people. Most historians put that number closer to 20 million, but I'm trying to be nice here.

So how is "Black Lives Matter" anywhere close to this? That's like me saying the Tea Party is no different than Chingiss Khan/Genghis Khan's empire because they both needed to breathe, eat, and sleep.

This is literally why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand any more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Also, is this supposed to be good or bad? Since actual KKK members & skinheads are extremely right wing. So is a KKK or neo-Nazi sympathizer on the right wing supposed to support "Black Lives Matter" now or not? Y'all can't even get your stories straight.

I agree with this post. BLM, even if it does have some in its ranks who go too far, note I said SOME, isn't advocating as a platform the oppression of other races nor that other races are inferior. Nor, as you note, has it yet engaged in organized violence against other groups.

Therefore, whether or not someone agrees with BLM's stated views, it is a logical fallacy or false equivalency to say that they are like skinheads or the KKK.

It might be fair to say that SOME of those people OR some minorities ARE racist. I would agree with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sure, if truly you do not, and also can call those SJW's when they are excessive or bigoted themselves, then I applaud you. Few do. And I say that as a long-time ally.

But the problem is in your later statements you are once again trying to create a false equivalency between a black person or ally describing historic racism or present institutionalized racism, which is reasonable and necessary, and a minority or black person saying openly stereotypical, essentilizing, bigoted statements about ALL white people, or actually treating a random white person badly because of their race. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

This is why again I and many people are getting pissed off. People like yourself either are not aware of it or purposefully try to claim that "no minority has ever randomly attacked a random white person, stereotyped or generalized all white people, shown bigotry."

It's actually very similar to a white person saying "I'm not racist or I haven't seen it so therefore it doesn't exist."

It's also incredibly naive and in fact a bit racist, because it essentializes racism and bigotry as inherently white traits, and absolves all minorities of any problematic actions they make take based on race.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I....really do not know what the context of your message to me is.

I am not anti-police. I am not anti-black. All I've said is that I believe that all lives matter, not just blacks, not cops, not any particular group.

Could you explain the context of your post to me?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

I personally do not care whether you like cops or not, regardless of what they've done or been accused of doing...

Original article

#BlackLivesMatter *IS* a racist front. It *IS* no different than the KKK or Skinheads.

Flame on. Chances are, I won't even read any responses to this. I can hear the crying now.

How many people have "Black Lives Matter" killed? Because the KKK has killed many thousands of Americans, burned a countless number of black majority churches, and personally maintained Jim Crow laws in the South. In its prime in the 1920s, the KKK claimed control over more than half of the state legislatures, with 1 in every 4 white males in the South being official members.

Skinheads & neo-Nazis follow the teachings and ideology of Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis literally killed 10s of millions of people, including being responsible for the deaths of at least 10 million white Slavic people. Most historians put that number closer to 20 million, but I'm trying to be nice here.

So how is "Black Lives Matter" anywhere close to this? That's like me saying the Tea Party is no different than Chingiss Khan/Genghis Khan's empire because they both needed to breathe, eat, and sleep.

This is literally why politicians dumb things down so much. Because apparently some people can't understand any more complex than "me good, he bad, hurr hurr hurr".

Also, is this supposed to be good or bad? Since actual KKK members & skinheads are extremely right wing. So is a KKK or neo-Nazi sympathizer on the right wing supposed to support "Black Lives Matter" now or not? Y'all can't even get your stories straight.

wait so you are taking a relatively new movement, asking how many they have killed

then taking skinhead neo-nazis, and saying hitler killed millions? have skinheads killed millions? we know the democrat KKk killed a lot of black folks for sure!

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

Did you miss the entire point of this thread? The OP is the one comparing this "relatively new movement" to skinheads and the KKK. Or did you not read that far?

And yes, I pointed out why BLM is nothing like skinheads or the KKK. Then I presented facts. But apparently my post was too long for you to get that?

Oh sorry, I need to be brief. "OP make comparison, I show OP's comparison not valid. Me also not Dem, me independent! Oooh oooh ohh! And if KKK so bad, why extreme right wing still embrace them? Hurr hurr hurr!"

skinheads and KKK are racist
BLM is racist

theres your comparisson all neat and tidy without the whole but but how many people were killed diatribe

youre welcome

also the EXTREME right are a minority just like the EXTREME left

I don't disagree that some minorities are racist.

However, the BLM movement does NOT advocate oppression of other people nor practice organized violence or terrorism (KKK) as a policy platform, so therefore they are not in the same league.

Nor does BLM have some kind of "black nationalist" movement, such as the Nation of Islam. Hence on this note it cannot be compared to the KKK nor skinheads.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nor does BLM have some kind of "black nationalist" movement, such as the Nation of Islam. Hence on this note it cannot be compared to the KKK nor skinheads.

Actually the Nation of Islam has helped them quite a bit....

Whose accusing a whole minority of being racist?

However, the BLM movement does NOT advocate oppression of other people nor practice organized violence or terrorism (KKK) as a policy platform, so therefore they are not in the same league.

What do you call tearing up of property, and shouting down white people? Sounds like oppression to me

Showing up to places like Berneie Sanders speaking engagement and calling him racist and shoving him off stage, sounds racist to me.

Yeah they are in the same league, they are new give them time and im sure it will get more violent, thats always how racist groups end up being

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: iDope

I am reading this thread, and it is p'n me off. My family consists of white folks in this country since 1621, so we have been here for a while, and I have written evidence that some of mine have owned some of yours in the past. And I am sorry, this was a sad part of of North American History.

But for the rest of you idiots to deny that systematic racism has existed since the end of the civil war is assinine. Jim Crow and all, and y'all are going to deny that black folks have been held down. Want to pull out my grandfather's purchase agreement from 1955 for his burial plot, that told him he could not sell it to person of color. Or talk to my mother who graduated HS in 1957, small town Missouri, and they still had the colored school.

Or my little town in Missouri who threw a fit in 1972, when they had a section 8 housing situation, and OMG, we had negroes living in my town. This crap has gone on for too long, we all bleed the same color, we are all the same, when are you racist asshats going to realize that.

Why are there all black schools still and not all white? Why is there a TV station that is BET (Black Entertainment Television)? That is continuing racism. Not to mention there are all black fraternity's and sorority's, there are no all white ones, they may discreminate, but that is class to class. The black ones literally won't even accept a white person's application. Racism still lives and more with the coloreds today.

Because people are still idiots and don't understand that things were white only for a long time, the blacks are trying to catch up. I will pretty much bet that I could walk up and pledge a black fraternity and be accepted, maybe not, I am old guy. Your use of the term coloreds tells me all I need to know about you, I lived in the south for several years.

I am in my late 20's and was in a fraternity. We had 3 black people out of 70 guys, a few mexicans thrown in there. This is coming from a very white state in the Midwest. But no, a white person could not go into an all black fraternity and be accepted, it is in their code, I have spoken to them about the fact-several times. There were several times I was recruiting a black person to join our fraternity and a black fraternity on campus would call me and tell me to not pursue him, he was "their ground to indoctrinate first," I swear those were the words I was told on multiple occasions. If you want to know more about me, I lived in the same house as Johnny Carson did when he was in our fraternity.

Amazing, I am in my mid 50's, first wife was half Mexican thrown in. I have my serious doubts that you have spoken to 10 black people in your life. Your fraternity doesn't interest me, I spent seven years in the military, unless you spent seven years in college, probably not even close to the same experienced. You have once again exposed your racist attitude with the "few mexicans thrown in" comment, my children are 1/4 mexican, you sir are a racist

i spent 6 years in college and have a masters and have spoken to and have worked with hundreds of black people. I said that there were a few mexicans thrown in to show that our fraternity was not racist like all black fraternity's. I don't know who was 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16 mexican or indian or israelites or sufi's because it doesn't matter. We are all 1/something black so what does it matter? Noone was from mexico, noone was from africa, they are all americans, it doesn't matter their skin color, yet all black fraternity's care about skin color above all else-or esle they wouldn't be all black.

And wow your kids are 1/4 mexican, great, who cares? I am 1/2 swedish and 1/2 german but does anyone call me either? No. I am white.

The way you speak about the people you have worked with and spoke to, along with the mexicans thrown in, would define you as a racist. I have PHd in African Engineering from the Tuskegee Institute according to the certificate on my wall.

I don't see what he is saying is racist in that post. This is an issue, that people now will say just about anything is racist.

Second, do YOU apply the same standards you apply to others to minorities?

For example, a major point of many posts on this thread is that many minorities say stereotyping, bigoted, hateful, you name it, statements either about "those white people" not "that white person who did X, Y, Z" or attack and speak down to random white people.

I've seen all manners of people in the social justice movement and minority groups say far worse things than what the guy you just called a racist just wrote.

If you aren't willing to call out minorities when they say problematic things about white person, then you too sir/ma'am are a racist. Or a hypocrite.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I am reading this thread, and it is p'n me off. My family consists of white folks in this country since 1621, so we have been here for a while, and I have written evidence that some of mine have owned some of yours in the past. And I am sorry, this was a sad part of of North American History.

But for the rest of you idiots to deny that systematic racism has existed since the end of the civil war is assinine. Jim Crow and all, and y'all are going to deny that black folks have been held down. Want to pull out my grandfather's purchase agreement from 1955 for his burial plot, that told him he could not sell it to person of color. Or talk to my mother who graduated HS in 1957, small town Missouri, and they still had the colored school.

Or my little town in Missouri who threw a fit in 1972, when they had a section 8 housing situation, and OMG, we had negroes living in my town. This crap has gone on for too long, we all bleed the same color, we are all the same, when are you racist asshats going to realize that.

Why are there all black schools still and not all white? Why is there a TV station that is BET (Black Entertainment Television)? That is continuing racism. Not to mention there are all black fraternity's and sorority's, there are no all white ones, they may discreminate, but that is class to class. The black ones literally won't even accept a white person's application. Racism still lives and more with the coloreds today.

Because people are still idiots and don't understand that things were white only for a long time, the blacks are trying to catch up. I will pretty much bet that I could walk up and pledge a black fraternity and be accepted, maybe not, I am old guy. Your use of the term coloreds tells me all I need to know about you, I lived in the south for several years.

I am in my late 20's and was in a fraternity. We had 3 black people out of 70 guys, a few mexicans thrown in there. This is coming from a very white state in the Midwest. But no, a white person could not go into an all black fraternity and be accepted, it is in their code, I have spoken to them about the fact-several times. There were several times I was recruiting a black person to join our fraternity and a black fraternity on campus would call me and tell me to not pursue him, he was "their ground to indoctrinate first," I swear those were the words I was told on multiple occasions. If you want to know more about me, I lived in the same house as Johnny Carson did when he was in our fraternity.

Amazing, I am in my mid 50's, first wife was half Mexican thrown in. I have my serious doubts that you have spoken to 10 black people in your life. Your fraternity doesn't interest me, I spent seven years in the military, unless you spent seven years in college, probably not even close to the same experienced. You have once again exposed your racist attitude with the "few mexicans thrown in" comment, my children are 1/4 mexican, you sir are a racist

i spent 6 years in college and have a masters and have spoken to and have worked with hundreds of black people. I said that there were a few mexicans thrown in to show that our fraternity was not racist like all black fraternity's. I don't know who was 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16 mexican or indian or israelites or sufi's because it doesn't matter. We are all 1/something black so what does it matter? Noone was from mexico, noone was from africa, they are all americans, it doesn't matter their skin color, yet all black fraternity's care about skin color above all else-or esle they wouldn't be all black.

And wow your kids are 1/4 mexican, great, who cares? I am 1/2 swedish and 1/2 german but does anyone call me either? No. I am white.

The way you speak about the people you have worked with and spoke to, along with the mexicans thrown in, would define you as a racist. I have PHd in African Engineering from the Tuskegee Institute according to the certificate on my wall.

Dumb question. If you are being serious how does an African engineering degree fall into to the realm of engineering? Like an electrical engineer would deal in that area, a computer engineer computers. What exactly does an African engineer do?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

But what you say DOES sound racist

You JUST said

So youre saying that certain races (minorities) are racist as a whole, thats a racist statement

Do you not know the difference between a minority and an individual?

yet youre accusing other people of being racist while defending BLM racist behavior

Hilarious

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Do you agree that blacks are incarcerated more often than other demographics?

Do you agree that blacks commit more crimes by population than any other demographic in America?

And yes black lives matter, but the fact is, the people in this movement don't care about other lives unless they are black. There are many other races murdered every day by police yet they do not matter to this crowd. How is that not speratist or racist? The black lives matter crowd are pushing an agenda and it is racist.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What is African Engineering? Is engineering different in Africa than in any other continent? Are you extemeley well versed at building structures with sticks and mud? Were you apart of the Tuskagee Experiment and was gevernmentally given syphillis?

And no, nothing I have said is racist, you just want to call anyone not the same color as you as a racist because that is your comfort level.

IF someone calls themself a mexican but was a white person adopted in to a mexican family, are they mexican? This is what I am saying. Are black people African Americans if they never stepped foot on African soil? No they are American if they were born in American. There is no race besides human, it only depends on where you were born to differentiate cultures. For a Phd in African Engineering you are not very smart and should go to trade school to find out what brick and mortar is.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

You sure they just don't mean there lives matters coz they are cops rather than the race difference

cops stick together and all that

Nice photo to see,

S&F

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
First off, I'm a mid to lower class white dude. I grew up in a small town that THREE black people. They were in the same economic class as my family, were family friends. I grew up along side the two that were in my age range. At least to me, they weren't "black" they were just my friends.

I only mentioned the above story to let you know my experiences with black people. Other than some random coworkers and acquaintances, and my friends from home, I really have nothing to add to an argument about racism. Only because I've never been witness to racism.

BLM is a group to bring awareness to how they're being treated by another color......BLUE

We need to stop drawing a line between black and white, because all lives matter. Fighting amongst ourselves, and covering up the real issue is not going to help the situation. The slogans need to chance from BLM and ALM to #think before you shoot, #better training for cops, or worst case scenario # rubber bullets only

We need to quit fighting each other, and figure out why these cops are drawing their weapons so quickly. Is it poor training? Is it racism? Is it some a$$ hole cop with a sadistic side?

Let's figure this one out first. We can always go back and debate racism when nobody's getting killed by trigger happy cops.

Just a thought

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Original article

wait so you are taking a relatively new movement, asking how many they have killed

then taking skinhead neo-nazis, and saying hitler killed millions? have skinheads killed millions? we know the democrat KKk killed a lot of black folks for sure!

history sucks huh?

-facepalm-

Did you miss the entire point of this thread? The OP is the one comparing this "relatively new movement" to skinheads and the KKK. Or did you not read that far?

And yes, I pointed out why BLM is nothing like skinheads or the KKK. Then I presented facts. But apparently my post was too long for you to get that?

Oh sorry, I need to be brief. "OP make comparison, I show OP's comparison not valid. Me also not Dem, me independent! Oooh oooh ohh! And if KKK so bad, why extreme right wing still embrace them? Hurr hurr hurr!"

skinheads and KKK are racist
BLM is racist

theres your comparisson all neat and tidy without the whole but but how many people were killed diatribe

youre welcome

also the EXTREME right are a minority just like the EXTREME left

the ONLY comparison im making between the two i that they are both racist...thats it, thats where the comparison ends

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said. Technically, skinheads are not racist.

en.wikipedia.org...

Propbably out of context for this thread though.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join