It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetal tissue and how it has advanced medical science.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A lot of surprise and anger on the boards to do with the PP videos and selling fetal tissue to labs and such.
Now I will not go into the selling of it because frankly I don't know the USA laws about it but I will attempt to show you that we have been using fetal tissue for years and it is helping people now and has done for years.
Now fetal tissue was used in the first polio vaccine also Hepatitis A, German measles, chickenpox and rabies.

Now someone attempted to say they were injecting mice with cells from fetal tissue will make Chimeras....no the reason they implant the cells into the mice is that the cells divide rapidly, adapt to new environments easily, and are less susceptible to rejection than adult cells if transplanted.
This makes the mouses immune system mimic ours so thus aiding research into Cancer and other diseases.
Parkinsons is also helped by transplanting cells from fetal tissue.
Aids research also.
Oh and the ebola vaccine? yes it used fetal tissue.

hsci.harvard.edu...

www.pbs.org...

We will never stop women getting abortions and I am pro choice not pro abortion I think we should be educating all people about safe sex and the consequences of it.
As always education is the key.
But I for one am glad some people do this type of work for the people living and suffering now.

(Oh and Vaccines and abortion? ha you guys are going to have a field day lol).
edit on 12-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Should we grow some of them little suckers for harvesting then? I know it's more complicated than that, but it all starts to lead to those kind of questions.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thanks, boymonkey. I was just reading the other day how the fetal tissue helps science make advances in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Abortion is going to happen and there will be tissue so what would you do with it? why not use it to help others?.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Should we grow some of them little suckers for harvesting then? I know it's more complicated than that, but it all starts to lead to those kind of questions.

Have abortion rates been going up or down since the 1970's?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
10 Medical advancements from the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
Go War!
I see what I did there.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

yes, as you point out, where is the line....... here in the states...... we have a bad history of drawing unjustifiable, untenable lines.......

i guess i could also say if my ancestors (and my contemporaries) werent so greedy (stupid?)......

we would have found a way to stop death long ago and abortion would be seen by all for what it is.....

the end of a possible future life here on earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

though (technically) you are correct, i do not believe boy monkey would start this thread out of malice. so (technically) you are wrong as well......

i see what i did there. sorry....

i saw a funny/useful banter and tried it on the one i learned it from.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I gave you a star.
No malice from me though.
I am just pointing out that as distasteful as war might be to most people, it provides for medical advances that save lives in the long run.
Go war!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

A lot of what we know about exposure, frostbite can be attributed to Joseph Mengele in concentration camps.

Yeah, science can and will advance.

But is it worth it?

(rhetorical question)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
not pro abortion

Why not?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

except I don't believe that we have ever gone into war in anticipation of the great advances it would provide and yet, some seem to assume that we would abort babies, just for the advances...
abortions are legal and even if they were illegal, would occur.
the research is a side issue and really quite unrelated.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And I wonder where some of you stand on animal testing. If "we're just going to abort them anyhow" is your excuse for this, then you should be all in on animal testing. Somehow, I don't think you all are.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

except I don't believe that we have ever gone into war in anticipation of the great advances it would provide and yet, some seem to assume that we would abort babies, just for the advances...
abortions are legal and even if they were illegal, would occur.
the research is a side issue and really quite unrelated.

Babies are aborted because they are unwanted.
Like dogs that have spent too much time at the pound without being adopted.
Wounded soldiers are not in a hospital because they are unwanted.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

A lot of what we know about exposure, frostbite can be attributed to Joseph Mengele in concentration camps.

Yeah, science can and will advance.

But is it worth it?

(rhetorical question)

I've heard the same claim made about exposure/frostbite but I've also read that his experiments were not only the horribly despicable acts of a deranged psychopath (and probably sadist) but unscientific and that the data, whatever was preserved, was basically useless.

Either way, was the purpose of Hitler's "Final Solution" obtaining victims for Mengele to experiment on for the advancement of science? No? Is there any evidence of people having abortions so that the tissue from the aborted fetus can be used by labs for the advancement of science or that it's even a factor for any woman who has one?

I think we can safely assume that its use by labs doesn't have any effect on the number of abortions performed, so is your argument that it would be better for the tissue to be incinerated?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Should we grow some of them little suckers for harvesting then?

We do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm anti-abortion, so in my world, there wouldn't be tissue to experiment with. But that's beside the point.

Though umbilical blood also contains quite a lot of stem cells and could also be used without harming anyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: fixitwcw

I gave you a star.
No malice from me though.
I am just pointing out that as distasteful as war might be to most people, it provides for medical advances that save lives in the long run.
Go war!

You say "Go War!!", yet no one says "Go abortion!!". Your comparison isn't valid.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And I wonder where some of you stand on animal testing. If "we're just going to abort them anyhow" is your excuse for this, then you should be all in on animal testing. Somehow, I don't think you all are.

That is testing on live animals. Like picking u p a kitten and dropping a new makeup chemical into it's eye. It is not the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Though umbilical blood also contains quite a lot of stem cells and could also be used without harming anyone.

Those are a different kind of stem cell. Embryonic stems cells are special.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join