It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm On The Sea of Galilee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When I was younger I always questioned the NT's versions of the storm on the Galilee that the gospels describe. I thought how could a storm on a lake create such fear among such hardy fishermen. However, imagine being on one of their small boats in the night with only oars to help you. Apparently, the storms over the Galilee can be very fierce and arise very suddenly. Here is a video of such a storm. Imagine being in a small boat like that miles off shore in the middle of the night. The gospels got these details entirely acurate relating to this locality. If you check Jesus' use of imagery and symbolism, metaphors and similes in His parables against the region it is a perfect fit. Olive oil, grapes, mustard, wheat, fish, bread, agricultural life, carpentry and masonry, etc are all totally accurate to the region. It was a very touching experience I had when I realised that dear Christ had used the symbolism of his locality so beautifully. There is a very poetic side to Christ. He used images from His locality very poetically, with greater mastery than any poet that comes to mind.

I never made it to Galilee when I travelled to the region. I hope I get the chance to go again one time.

Here is the Lord's Prayer in the ancient Galilean Aramaic, very similar to the very words Christ would have spoken in his first language. The source states that it is work in progress, so it will not be entirely accurate:

Abba,
Father,

Yithqadash sh‘mak.
May thy name be holy.

Tethe malkuthak.
May thy kingdom come.

Teh’wey ra’uthak.
May thy will be done.

Pitthan d-çorak [2] hav lan yomden.
Give us today our needed bread.

w-Shbuq lan hobenan. [3]
And forgive us our debts / sins.

Hek ‘anan sh‘baqin l-haibenan.
As we forgive our debtors.

w-La ‘ul lan l-nisyon.
And lead us not into temptation.

Amen.

from source

edit on 12-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9 The gospels got these details entirely acurate relating to this locality. If you check Jesus' use of imagery and symbolism, metaphors and similes in His parables against the region it is a perfect fit. Olive oil, grapes, mustard, wheat, fish, bread, agricultural life, carpentry and masonry, etc are all totally accurate to the region.

And this would be surprising because what??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

This obviously proves that the bible is 100% authentic and infallible. If it weren't then why was it referencing things in the area that it was written in?!

Checkmate atheists.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

lol - nice sarcasm!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the interesting topic...

The translator of the Aramaic text in the OP also has about ten YouTube videos which appear to be pretty interesting here...

A couple of examples:

edit on 12-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Lords prayer ripped off the Book Of The Dead

en.wikipedia.org...:Lord%27s_Prayer#Relation_to_Egyptian_Prayer_from_The_Coming_Into_Day_.28Book_of_the_Dead.29

Address to the gods of the underworld
Hail, gods, who dwell in the house of the Two Truths.
I know you and I know your names.
Let me not fall under your slaughter-knives,
And do not bring my wickedness to Osiris, the god you serve.
Let no evil come to me from you.
Declare me right and true in the presence of Osiris,
Because I have done what is right and true in Egypt.
I have not cursed a god.
I have not suffered evil through the king who ruled my day.
Hail , gods who dwell in the Hall of the Two Truths,
Who have no evil in your bodies, who live upon maat ,
Who feed upon maat in the presence of Horus
Who lives within his divine disk. 14
Deliver me from the god Baba,
Who lives on the entrails of the mighty ones on the day of the great judgement.
Grant that I may come to you,
For I have committed no faults,
I have not sinned,
I have not done evil,
I have not lied,
Therefore let nothing evil happen to me.
I live on maat , and I feed on maat,
I have performed the commandments of me and the things pleasing to the gods,
I have made the god to be at peace with me,
I have acted according to his will.
I have given bread to the hungry man, and water to the thirsty man,
And clothes to the naked man, and a boat to the boatless.
I have made holy offerings to the gods,
and meals for the dead.
Deliver me, protect me, accuse me not in the presence of Osiris.
I am pure of mouth and pure of hands,
Therefore, let all who see me welcome me,
For I have heard the mighty word which the spiritual bodies spoke to the Cat,
In the House of Hapt-Re, the Open-Mouthed;
I gave testimony before the god Hra-f-ha-f, the Backwards-Face,
I have the branching out of the ished-tree in Re-stau. 15
I have offered prayers to the gods and I know their persons.
I have come and I have advanced to declare maat,
And to set the balance upon what supports it in the Underworld.
Hail, you who are exalted upon your standard, Lord of the Atefu crown,
Who name is "God of Breath", deliver me from your divine messengers,
Who cause fearful deeds, and calamities,
Who are without coverings for their faces,
For I have done maat for the Lord of maat.
I have purified myself and my breast, my lower parts, with the things which make clean.
My inner parts have been in the Pool of maat.
I have been purified in the Pool of the south,
And I have rested in the northern city which is in the Field of the Grasshoppers,
Where the sacred sailors of Ra bathe at the second hour of the night and third hour of the day.
And the hearts of the gods are pleased after they have passed through it,
Whether by day or by night

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

FACT: If Wikipedia says so, the opposite is more likely to be true...

originally posted by: aBlueRAY
From a psychoanalytical point of view, I have to assume deep in your heart you know wikipedia would be the number one piece of propaganda available online for the masses.

In U.S. Army Intelligence, I was trained that the truth most often lies in the exact opposite direction of the public rhetoric. You must learn this technique if you are to successfully glean the truth from news reports.

One fact I was taught was that, in order to arrive at the truth, one had to develop "Opposite Direction Thinking"; in other words, truth in many situations, especially strategic planning, was to be found in the opposite direction of the public rhetoric.

LEARNING TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

"Wikipedia is a propaganda outlet dominated by people who want to radically transform our existence."

Who Controls Wikipedia? (George Soros)
Wikipedia Disinformation & Propaganda

It is a propaganda outlet dominated by people who want to radically transform our existence. There's a reason Soros supports it. Because his vast minions can manipulate it. And manipulate it they do.

Who Controls Wikipedia?

The problem with Wikipedia is not that it exists, but that it has become the cornerstone for researchers scanning the Internet for information and blindly copying from Wikipedia entries, wrongfully assuming that they are neutral and correct.

It has become the "Ministry of Information", the "one-stop information shop" of the Internet, but no one should fall for the "Newspeak" of a title. Wikipedia has made the task for those seeding disinformation and removing dissenting views easier, more direct and even more anonymous. °

Wikipedia Lies:Online Disinformation & Propaganda

Wikipedia An Ultimate Trojan Horse for CIA and US Government on the Internet - Staffers of the Wikipedia online "encyclopedia" - now one of the most dominant media websites in the entire world - show signs of being CIA-type operatives, directly engaged in US-funded propaganda operations against US and world citizens.

How US Agents Can Embed in Wikipedia, Plant Propaganda, Deceive Citizens

top topics

join