It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What separates man from everything else - Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I want to know what you think separates us from everything else on this planet, i dont think its our minds, but the speech of the divine.
What are your thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Yeah I agree, no other species has an ego big enough to be able to delude itself into thinking they were made by and have a relationship with the master of the universe....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's being aware
that we are aware

that makes us different from all other living things on this planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Have you ever had pets, like cats or dogs? They are fully aware.

As for speech, humans have articulate communication, but many other species communicate verbally.

We are no different to any other living beings on this planet. It is only our egos that think we are, but we come into and leave the world the same way as any other mammals.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The facility for abstraction. Abstract thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think many humans have no spiritual awareness at all and that some animals know more than humans.

I will give you a few example:

One of my friends who are playing around with low level Reiki have a cat. She noticed that the cat goes to the spot where she gives Reiki after she have moved away. That cat is aware of something most humans are not aware of.

I met a dog once that was probably more loving in nature than any other soul I have met on this planet. One of those perfect moments you could stay forever in. Some dogs I meet just get me on a level that is not translated in words or body language.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This article discusses 10 things that separate man from other species.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Written language is what separates us the most. All animals have "language". Some species of animal demonstrate abstract thought to.

It means we can learn more quickly as others have done the research work themselves. Without written language and the recording of knowledge we would still be rubbing sticks together to make fire and throwing rocks at each other.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I feel this is a freaking baited question but okay...What separates man from everything else?

Man was created in God's image and the rest of the "inhabitants" of Earth where put here for us to survive....

We (humans) are the key to existence on Earth and were put here for a reason....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Written language is what separates us the most. All animals have "language". Some species of animal demonstrate abstract thought to.

It means we can learn more quickly as others have done the research work themselves. Without written language and the recording of knowledge we would still be rubbing sticks together to make fire and throwing rocks at each other.

No now its throwing bombs at each other.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

We (humans) are the key to existence on Earth and were put here for a reason....

What reason were you put here?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

What reason were you put here?

To help you find God in this thread.....Come on man, I am not trying to sway anyone or get into a religious debate...That's why I said this seems like a freaking baited question and I knew this would come up at some point....

We are not to know the purpose, that isn't our decision...But I could offer an opinion but won't because I am not debating this topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Soo, topic is about what you think separates humans from the rest of the mammals, and you see a religious bait?
The video is eight minute long asking a question, is there anything different between us or the
Our learning behavior isnt even empiric after the age of seven, its through linguistics, before we learn how to read its through speech. When we start to learn how to use our mind we are taught whats right and wrong and every days becomes a repetitive pattern, when dont experience it with our bodies nor minds, its experienced through movies, books and stories. Is it your story or a collective story. All the same its through linguistics and made up fantasies. Bedtime stories that has become a reality in movies. When you ask someone when was the last time you experienced something for the first time, and most surely you will get an answer, when i lost my virginity. It isnt spiritual, religious or a debate on how to accumulate wealth.

If you feel its a baited question, for me that shows you place yourself above everything else to justify a primal behavior without feeling guilty.

Carpe diem, was the story in the short movie. My topic is that we can share the story through the only thing that separates us and that is speech.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well I must apologize that I am at work and can't watch your awesome youtube video currently....I directly answered your question and by that alone, yes it felt like someone wanted a religious debate....Hence my reply...

Now go back to Mommy's basement, all will be well

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If i wanted a religious debate id ask a simple question, whats the meaning of life?

Man was created in God's image and the rest of the "inhabitants" of Earth where put here for us to survive....

Since you seem like an intelligent redneck, ill explain this quote, directly. Its a human deity, meaning its a human, with the characteristics of something called the cardinal virtues. You follow a human, you always follow a human. So stop having fantasies about weird sh*t to make your day easier, get of the anti deppresent and try walking. Its very easy.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It is easy....I love pushing kids buttons on here! So you can bash a person for believing in Jesus and talk about evolution? Hahahaha....Where did your evolution start? Oh, I shouldn't go there right??

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I learned how to grow up, and have a civil debate. You and i grown up in two very different worlds, your meaning in life, is church on Sundays, a nice barbeque, a Ford F150, work monday - friday, 2 weeks vacation and, what 5-10 sickdays?
Well its a better than the Bread and beer they had for ancient egyptian labour, they just counted the calories instead.

If i wanted a religious debate id ask for religious debate, but when there is no difference between you and a Jihadist or a ISIS supporter, there is no point in having one. You all learned the same ideals, you just grew up in two different worlds. I could explain how it works, but you have to understand religion not just follow it.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

I learned how to grow up, and have a civil debate. You and i grown up in two very different worlds, your meaning in life, is church on Sundays, a nice barbeque, a Ford F150, work monday - friday, 2 weeks vacation and, what 5-10 sickdays?
Well its a better than the Bread and beer they had for ancient egyptian labour, they just counted the calories instead.

If i wanted a religious debate id ask for religious debate, but when there is no difference between you and a Jihadist or a ISIS supporter, there is no point in having one. You all learned the same ideals, you just grew up in two different worlds. I could explain how it works, but you have to understand religion not just follow it.

2 weeks vacation? I wouldn't even accept a job with that....Try 5....And yes I live in a $300,000 house, no Ford F150, try Infiniti and BMW....You punks wouldn't know what to do with life if you were in my shoes....Go cry somewhere

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The need to justify our actions.

All other animals simply exist, yet mankind needs a reason for doing so.

"God created man and the animals to provide for him" - justification for the killing and eating of animals.

Lions don't need that, bears don't need that, ants don't need that. Only man needs to clear his conscience through justification.

Man worshiped bears for tens of thousands of years, then the elements, then the "gods", then God. What happened to the earlier worshipers? They were butchered by the followers of the God of love and kindness. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Justified by "God's will", Deus Vult.

Once we unshackle our need to justify ourselves from every decision we make, we will either achieve the greatest of things or destroy ourselves.

Perhaps that day will never come and perhaps it's for the best.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Isn't it kind of hard to have just a God when he wasn't on Earth yet? Do you even know the reasoning behind Jesus coming here? Do you have any idea why God wiped the Earth of the humans? There was a reason behind it all and you can talk about worship of Gods or bears or whatever but there was a reason that didn't work for our creator....It may help to look into it just a bit for your own piece of mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join