It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a new avatar anyone want to help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have been on these forums for quite a while now and I have been using this same old ass avatar for god knows how long. I just graduated Friday and my degree was in live show production. I am specializing in lighting for concert applications and would like an avatar that represents that. I also have been disliking how my current avatar has the lame grey background, cause I was a noob at the time and had no clue how to make one fit the whole box that is my avatar space. If someone feels up to the task I would love to get something going on that is more fitting to myself. I am a huge fan of lighting designers such as saxton waller. The whole EDM lighting scene is what I'm all about and the more intense and colorful the better. Something like the recent nebula pics but with lights instead is kinda what I'm going for. I would get this done myself but I don't have photoshop and I do not wish to pirate software I may be tempted to use for profession applications lol… Anyone up to it?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Try doing a search for avatar creations and you will find some threads that offer just that.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Try this thread out. These people are awesome at making avatars. They made mine.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Fair enough…I figured that thread was for the yearly contest, but I can paste my post there and see what happens. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No problem at all. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just whipped this up in MS Paint like a boss!!! lol

Might can get you by for a bit till you get a professional one made.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Badassery...I wanna make the ats logo a little less intrusive, but your damn Skippy that'll work for now. Thank you a ton buddy!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Badassery...I wanna make the ats logo a little less intrusive, but your damn Skippy that'll work for now. Thank you a ton buddy!

Yeah I tried to make it as less intrusive as I could working with what I had lol. That's why I went with the white outline ATS logo so the back ground would show through the letters.

You know how to set it up right? so It will fill the full avatar window?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

^^ That's Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden.

Yes, Avatar Creations thread is the go - all the best resident artists hang there and you only have to post your request and they will knock-up pretty much anything one desires.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

^^ That's Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden.

Yes, Avatar Creations thread is the go - all the best resident artists hang there and you only have to post your request and they will knock-up pretty much anything one desires.

Oh I like that one.

Way to one up me Sublime lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Steal the one sublime made I am going with your's until someone can throw together a smaller ats logo for the pic I snagged. I liked it, but I really wanna keep with the concert vibe. You know the whole manifestation of dreams and such

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Steal the one sublime made I am going with your's until someone can throw together a smaller ats logo for the pic I snagged. I liked it, but I really wanna keep with the concert vibe. You know the whole manifestation of dreams and such

Dude, set the image as your back ground image and then put the below code in for your avatar image:

ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ev522a6803.gif (add an h in front of the ttp in the beginning)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So why does it only show in this size? I tried a few things but couldn't get it to go full size?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You need the above code in for your avatar image.

It's a blank .gif image that will stretch you avatar window to max resolution.
edit on 8 9 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yeah, there ya go.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I found it I should have read further…thanks for every thing guys…I am gonna see what if anything others do with that pic but Sgt. you killed exactly what I was going for. Only thing I really could ask for is a black outline and about 1/5th the size and position it left by the top of the registered stats. Either way this is beautiful and I really appreciate you guys and your help.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh secondary question…how can I make my ats stats black instead of white so it's readable?
edit on 9-8-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

NVM i got it
edit on 9-8-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

account and change your mini profile text color to black.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I found it I should have read further…thanks for every thing guys…I am gonna see what if anything others do with that pic but Sgt. you killed exactly what I was going for. Only thing I really could ask for is a black outline and about 1/5th the size and position it left by the top of the registered stats. Either way this is beautiful and I really appreciate you guys and your help.

No problem, glad I could help.

Definitely take that stock image and the one I created over to the Avatar Thread and let those guys work their magic. I don't have the tools nor skills to nail it perfect for you, but at least you have a starting point to help get what you want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join