It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video..Topeka police officer fatally shoots retired judge's dog in his backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Body cam footage of a Topeka cop who went into a retired judges backyard on a false burglary call, and has a 26-pound miniature pinscher-boxer mix charge him barking, and in like less than 2 effing seconds the dog has 2 bullets in him and is dead.

WTF do you expect dogs to do when you are in their yard? This gigantic PUS$$$ cop was previously convicted of vehicular homicide. So I have no idea how he is a cop.

The cop wont even face an investigation because as far as they are concerned it is withing their policy to just jump your fence and kill your dog.

Warning graphic and sad and mad as hell video.

ix years ago, Harriette Macnish said, a female puppy “just appeared at our door.”

“I knew I didn’t need a dog, but boy, was I wrong,” she said. “I needed her.”

The 26-pound miniature pinscher-boxer mix — named “Josie” — became an indispensable part of the family for Macnish, 72, and her husband, retired Shawnee County District Judge James Macnish.

“She was wonderful, and she loved us,” Harriette Macnish said.

Then tragedy came.

Topeka police officer Michael Cruse killed Josie on July 13 in the backyard of the Macnish’s home in the Westboro community, Harriette Macnish said Monday.

cjonline.com...

26 pounds.. What a effing scared little bit##
edit on 8-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Just disgusting

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

He used the term 'dispatched' in reference to killing the dog, if I heard him correctly?
Sad, very sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
When he got away with killing the guy in the pickup truck previously, he was also responding to a false burglar alarm.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
When he got away with killing the guy in the pickup truck previously, he was also responding to a false burglar alarm.

it says he was covicted. So how did he get away with it? And how is he still a cop?

Officer Michael Cruse was previously convicted of vehicular homicide

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Don't wanna watch the video. These kind of things will make me tear up.

If anyone, and I mean anyone, ever did this to my dog I would stop at nothing to make sure they felt the same pain.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Bedlam

it says he was covicted. So how did he get away with it? And how is he still a cop?

Officer Michael Cruse was previously convicted of vehicular homicide

Well, they shuffled the charge around until it was a misdemeanor, then gave him a year, but suspended it all but the time he'd already served, then the union forced it into arbitration where the judge decided he was a good boy, took off the two months of home detention and put the guy back on the street with back pay.

Apparently, he got a call about a home burglar alarm, put the pedal to the floor and went ripping through town, with a comment to his partner (who failed his duty to intervene but wasn't charged...typical) "I want to get there before the bad guys get away!" and somehow...SOMEHOW...both cop and buddy forgot to turn on lights and sirens. They were running stop signs and lights at a high rate of speed, saw the victim's truck, hit the lights and sirens moments before plowing into the guy, killing him.

But because cop, it didn't matter, no harm no foul, he's a GOOD cop so back on the street he goes.

I'd have to say you have a pattern here. A home burglar alarm goes off, and this guy goes into overdrive, losing his f-ing wits and overreacting like a fool. While the usual cop line is "he was there, and it was his judgement that he needed to do this or that stupid act", I'd have to say it might have been his judgement at the time, but his judgement is just f-ing poor. So poor, we ought not be subject to it any more.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

False burglar alarm sounds like his favorite excuse. Sounds a lot like, "Your tail light was out...but it seems to be working fine now. Since I already have you stopped, why don't I just check your car before I let you go..."

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What a POS

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

wow just wow... Are they really the hard up for cops? TY for diigging up the info..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I guess the moron cop coudnt find his mace...
Always quick to pull a frakking firearm

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
He shot a retired judges dog, not going to go too nicely this time im guessing.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That was shocking....what a complete pussy,seriously that creep needs to be disarmed and sent to Nth Korea for death by dog

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You know, people need to blow their self righteous indignation straight out their ass after watching this. Two things jump out at me viewing this.
1. I see an officer who had a dog aggressively charging him, shot the dog in perceived self defense, and then displayed very compassionate emotion about the dog. You can tell by his voice that he feels for the lady. Hell, he gives her a comforting hug, he's appologetic, and he's caring. Even the lady seems to acknowledge that in the video,

2. This is why police should NOT be in the private alarm response business. The SCOTUS has been pretty clear that the job of police is NOT to protect individual Americans. I'd say it is time for a policy change in Topeka, altering the police policy to one which only responds to actual calls, not alarms. Let the landowners pay a private security company to respond to alarms and let the private security company have to deal with public indignation for a change.

I'd say I was surprised by the reactions, but I knew what I'd see before I entered this thread. Disappointingly predictable.

edit on 8-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks that made me laugh, i like your excuses at least there kinda new. That dog didint deserve to die, but hey he was protecting people right.

Oh and im sure you have proof that the scotus told cops not to protect people, cant wait to see what you got.

edit on 8-8-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Exactly there's no such thing as a judge without connections. After all there's three things you don't mess with a mans woman his money and his dog.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The officer had a 26 pound dog charging him...... you can punt a 26 pound dog.. My damm schitzu ways 16lbs..

What do you think a mailman would have done there?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Further, I thought when dealing with the 6'3" 300LB Mike Brown case, the police haters established that "size doesn't matter?" Doesn't that sort of dictate that the fact this was a 26 lb dog also "doesn't matter?" Oooooh!!!! Silly me, pointing out contradictions doesn't generate more anti-cop rhetoric or stroke the cop hater ego. My bad.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Stay on topic, follow the ball not the player,

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Exactly there's no such thing as a judge without connections. After all there's three things you don't mess with a mans woman his money and his dog.

www.wibw.com...

Brown said the shooting of the dog was justified under current police policy and Officer Michael Cruse was not placed on administrative leave.

Officer acted within existing policy guidelines. No charges nor punishment warranted or issued.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join