It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Presidential Election: Clinton Takes the White House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe I have seen enough over the last few months that I feel a prediction can be made about the upcoming presidential election.

As of now, Clinton has a very strong lead among Democrats over the other choices, including Bernie Sanders. While Bernie does seem to be gaining momentum, I don't believe it will be enough to counter the huge lead she has in many states, garnering well over 50% support from the party faithful. While his message resonates with many people and he offers something "different" than what we are used to in the White House, it will just not be enough to take the primary. The Democrats also seem to be confident in their positions and united on all fronts. A third party candidate is very unlikely to pull votes away from the Democrat candidate.

On the other hand you have the Republican party, who, in my opinion, seem to be lacking the unity of message and direction the party is going to take after Obama is out of office. The candidates all seem to talk about the same issues. Iran, immigration and Obamacare, just to name a few. But there are no clear, reasonable solutions being discussed that will draw-in the reluctant independent voter. The recent flap with Trump also highlights the infighting and disharmony within the party. Too many agendas are at play and there is very little unity that the party needs to swoon voters and sell solutions.

Trump makes this election a bit more interesting, though. His numbers look good in many states and definitely has the name recognition, but as we can see after this last debate, the party establishment does not like Trump. They have begun to demonize and alienate him knowing that he may poll well with the Republicans now, but is toxic to the party and will not serve them well against an opponent like Clinton.

If Trump does get the nomination and is not pushed out by the party, Clinton will win. If Trump is pushed out, he may very well run on a third ticket. That will be disastrous to the Republican party as he will siphon votes away from the Republican candidate. If Trump does not win the nomination and is not pushed out, I believe Scott Walker will be the Republican candidate for president and will have a hard time against Hillary.

You can go to the RealClearPolitics polls and see that Clinton has the advantage against both Trump and Walker.

In conclusion, barring any extreme incident that takes Clinton out of the race, I predict Clinton will take the White House in 2016.
edit on 8-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'll take Jeb Bush and give you 3/5 odds. Want some of this action?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'll take Jeb Bush and give you 3/5 odds. Want some of this action?

I was at a toss-up between Walker and Bush and after looking at the polls, and considering a few other factors, I have a hard time believing Bush will get the nomination. Bush seems fairly moderate and reasonable, and I'm inclined to think that the type of voters that would support Trump would be more likely to support a more "extreme" candidate like Walker over Bush.

I believe Bush has better numbers against Clinton than the other candidates, but still not enough to win. That's my opinion.
edit on 8-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

We could just save ourselves some trouble

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My Prophecy:

Jeb wins everything.

He will get help from George P. Bush.

Hillary will not get the nomination.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Whom do you believe will get the Democrat nomination?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Whom do you believe will get the Democrat nomination?

My Prophecies on that are drawing a blank.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

But you don't believe Hillary will get the nod? Will she be forced out of the race?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We haven't seen the worst of Hillary's skeletons, yet.

Her opposition is leaving those in the closet until the timing is right. October Surprise... mark my words.

Attacking her now just leaves time for Hillary to sweep it under the rug and make people to forget about it.
edit on 8/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But you don't believe Hillary will get the nod? Will she be forced out of the race?

My Prophecies see Hillary dropping out of the race in a very dramatic scene.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't see any of the current big-name Dems getting the nomination. Hillary is imploding, the cronyist Democrat Party power structure will not allow Bernie to be nominated, and O'Malley is just too toxic. It's going to be an outsider of some sort. I don't think it will be Biden either, his gaffes make Trump look sane.

Hmm... what if Sanders goes third-party as well? That'd be interesting.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Teikiatsu because: outsideR. with an 'r'. Stupid keyboard.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

How is Hillary imploding? So far everything that has been thrown at her has been pretty well deflected.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

How is Hillary imploding? So far everything that has been thrown at her has been pretty well deflected.

How would you know? She has pretty much cut herself off from the media. She has tried to relaunch several times. Every time she actually talks her numbers go down.

And people don't want to see a Clinton or Bush in the WH again. Be honest.

While we're on the subject of Hillary, why her? What has she ever accomplished to recommend herself? Being married to the President, being appointed Sec of State as a consolation prize, being elected Senator in a state that is uber-Blue... when has she ever actually accomplished anything that sets her apart from other more qualified candidates? I won't deny she's better than most of the other Dems right now, but that isn't saying much.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

How would you know?

We talk about it here on this site. For example, the latest deal with the FBI turned out to not be an investigation on any wrongdoing on her part.

And people don't want to see a Clinton or Bush in the WH again. Be honest.

In most Democrat primary polls she has the majority of votes, and some well over 50%. In polls against Republican nominees she wins every one. Yes, let's be honest.

While we're on the subject of Hillary, why her? What has she ever accomplished to recommend herself? Being married to the President, being appointed Sec of State as a consolation prize, being elected Senator in a state that is uber-Blue... when has she ever actually accomplished anything that sets her apart from other more qualified candidates? I won't deny she's better than most of the other Dems right now, but that isn't saying much.

Nice rant. If you don't like Hillary, just say so. In my OP I did not say I liked Hillary. I'm just predicting her win barring certain events taking place.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Nice rant. If you don't like Hillary, just say so. In my OP I did not say I liked Hillary. I'm just predicting her win barring certain events taking place.

Hillary is the most qualified person to be president.

Don't have to like her. Don't have to agree with her.

But, she is still the most Qualified.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Qualified to continue all the corruption and incompetence.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Qualified to continue all the corruption and incompetence.

Fall off that cliff yet?

There is corruption and incompetence in everything, everywhere in the world.

If you think you're going to find a politician, any politician, or presidential candidate that's straight up and honest - - - "here's a bridge for sale".

Hillary has always been politics. Its been here entire life. Its always been her goal.

She is the most qualified.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I completely disagree. Anyone who's served as a governor is more qualified for an executive position than Hillary.

IMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

I completely disagree. Anyone who's served as a governor is more qualified for an executive position than Hillary.

IMO.

Schwarzenegger?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Absolutely.

Hillary's been a First Lady. A single term Senator. And a crappy and controversy filled Sec of State. I'd love to see what someone thinks her significant 'accomplishments' are and how they make her qualified to be POTUS.

More qualified than the incumbent when he first ran, maybe as qualified as Sanders. But in terms of qualification, I'd take any governor over any legislator any day in terms of pure qualification. POTUS is an executive position, and the best qualified would have executive experience.

Bear in mind, that only one criterion. She's more qualified than Ben Carson to be POTUS, but I'd vote for him over Hillary hands-down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join