It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you all so surprised?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have no clue why people continue to be surprised by the absurdity to come out of our legal system in the US? The whole fish is rotten from head to tail and has been for quite some time. The cracks are getting bigger and more is leaking out, but this is the same justice system many people have been living under for their whole lives.

Is it just that all the middle-class people are finally starting to get treated the same as us non-landowners and they are upset that they no longer get preferential treatment? They sat their in their Mcmansions and went to their paper-pushing jobs feeling so superior and disregarding the cries from lower rungs of society. Welcome to the system and society not giving a single eff about you. I'd like to say it gets better, but it doesn't. The system wasn't going to stay content with oppressing only poor people and minorities, as much as you thought it would.

If you life plan involves standing on top of other people to avoid getting crushed yourself I'd begin to re-think things. Even your lower humans will no longer be able to keep you propped up under the weight they are going to drop on everyone.

edit on 7-8-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

What we have today is a result of a top heavy system where all the power and wealth are at the top and it is squishing everyone underneath. The bottom was already flat, now the middle is starting to buckle.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All I can say is I couldn't agree more with you. People who used to look down their noses at me are now finding themselves at eye level.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: James1982

What we have today is a result of a top heavy system where all the power and wealth are at the top and it is squishing everyone underneath. The bottom was already flat, now the middle is starting to buckle.

I think that was perfectly put!

Once you've lost everything there isn't much more they can take, so I'm just going to sit back and watch. It's free to sit, for now at least.

Lets see if they still think poor people are poor by choice after they become one.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I dont think the cracks are any bigger than they were.

The microscope of the public via the internet is much stronger nowadays.

We are able to see so much in real time now, and creating flash mob mentality in responce immediatly for all to see.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I dont think the cracks are any bigger than they were.

The microscope of the public via the internet is much stronger nowadays.

We are able to see so much in real time now, and creating flash mob mentality in responce immediatly for all to see.

That's a great point, it's probably a combination of factors. I think part of it is that those in power are so conditioned to think they can get away with anything so they just don't try that hard anymore to cover up their nefarious deeds. That, combined with a more powerful public eye due to the internet is causing the severity of this problem to become more apparent. Something might actually have changed, if it wasn't for the fact that this whole thing got perverted into solely a race issue instead of the all-encompassing human issue that it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
All I can say is I couldn't agree more with you. People who used to look down their noses at me are now finding themselves at eye level.

Some of them will still look down their noses because they think they got there through no fault of their own unlike the people already there who must've done something to end up that poor/destitute.

I have always found that the hardest working people are at the bottom. Living paycheck to paycheck; going to work sick/injured because they can't afford the time off; stretching to make every dollar count. You learn to become an expert at persevering but at the sacrifice of your general well being.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Try to tell that to a lot of the people here at ATS, but you are 100% correct

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

It is hard to explain it to a lot of people unless they or someone they are close to have gone through it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I work with very few people who have gotten to their position through hard work. I also think most people know this but keep towing the line in hopes that they can become a "member" of this club

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Also many hope they can retire before they die with more than cat food in the pantry.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I know, I can afford more than cat food right now, but who knows how it will be when it's time for me to retire

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: mymymy

Some of them will still look down their noses because they think they got there through no fault of their own unlike the people already there who must've done something to end up that poor/destitute.

I have always found that the hardest working people are at the bottom. Living paycheck to paycheck; going to work sick/injured because they can't afford the time off; stretching to make every dollar count. You learn to become an expert at persevering but at the sacrifice of your general well being.

That's "Social Darwinism". It's basically the belief that those who can't succeed in society must have inherent flaws. Therefore, society should let them die off so the remaining, unflawed people can continue to prosper & breed. It's also one of the main beliefs behind those "The poor & other social undesirables should be sterilized" programs. Social Darwinism was just one component of many eugenics programs.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Meh! I'm not so sure about the premise of those at the bottom working the hardest, It just doesn't always work that way , it's far too complicated. I would agree though that , in the highest echelons the amounts of money are vulgar, no one actually needs the amounts either given or acquired, but for many of those it's a question of power anyway, and that's what it's all about.
For everybody else, if you want something, there is a need to work for it. Today, there are very many people who treat their work like a vocation, in any discipline in the hope of making things better, those people are to be applauded, others are just there for the money, and basically to do or talk shiite, while lifting a hefty paycheck for the 'same' work, nothing to do with class.

new topics

top topics

join