It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Cops Say Video of Them Eating Marijuana Edibles During a Raid Violated Their Privacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

In my experience, criminals wear masks. And thats exactly what these people were, thugs. After watching the video, all I can say is , WOW.
Never have I seen such reckless abandon from so many LEOs, let alone in one video.
It's no wonder so many people distrust police nowadays. I hope those dirty cops get slammed with charges, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all dropped.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

whats mad is that only in this country would these cops get paid leave and have 'like-minded' attorneys defend them.

There is much good in the U.S and much good cops. However, the police culture in the States is very unique when compared to other first world nations, to say the least. I just found out in another thread here on ATS that Bonds Men (bounty hunters) are still in fashion (big business) in the States. It is illegal in every other country. Let that s# marinate.

so if I get caught on video doing drugs I wont get fired? or is this just a LEO privilege?

Yeah...again, my signature below sums my thoughts up concerning this matter.

there has to be something our water ... because if this entire story was in a movie plot it would be a comedy...
but this is reality..

I think life imitates art many times and vice verse...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Whole thing is so absurd.........The whole point of having Medical Marijuana dispensaries is so that people have a LEGAL way to buy it !! How is a "No Knock" warrant and raid even justified to begin with !!!! The people in there were terrorized , told to get on the ground by armed, some masked, "police officers" !? If the dispensary was in fact breaking some sort of law, why wouldn't it be handled by lawfully and calming coming into the business and investigating the said crime ?

Then the same people who are willing to terrorize this business and it's customers don't even actually follow the same laws they are supposedly enforcing...DISGUSTING human beings...no better than the bullies who used to steal the "brownies" from the weaker kids lunch trays.....this is what those kids grow up and do now !

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Not to mention the general contempt that they seem to hold the public in. The lady in the wheelchair, the amputee.....remember that lady cop saying "I was going to kick her in her effing nub"

What environment is it ok to talk like that about people? I mean, i see that kind of stuff on TV...but have never worked in a place where anyone would tolerate anything like that. Is it really that callous in their unit?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Like street gang justice, anyone caught up in their scene is below contempt while they themselves are very much above the law.

Disgusting, but so telling of the state policing has gotten itself into. When caught in a criminal act, deny, react and hope officialdom will exonerate them.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Not to mention the general contempt that they seem to hold the public in. The lady in the wheelchair, the amputee.....remember that lady cop saying "I was going to kick her in her effing nub"

What environment is it ok to talk like that about people? I mean, i see that kind of stuff on TV...but have never worked in a place where anyone would tolerate anything like that. Is it really that callous in their unit?

Exactly "Furry One" ......This sort of behavior would never be tolerated in any other type of work environment , unless you "work" for organized crime...Yes, these cops are that callous !

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
LEO's should get no privacy while on the job. Nothing to fear nothing to hide.

Though what they did should not be considered a crime outside of theft and getting high while on duty.

But those are crimes.

Yes, hence the "outside of theft and being high on duty".

I meant to specifically state that the officers eating the edible in and of itself was fine otherwise. Should have been more specific, sorry.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Any public servant, while on duty, has exactly ZERO expectation of privacy. I don't care if they're just a lowly beat cop or a US Congressperson.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A very sad comment on just how corrupted the US system has become. The police mentality needs to be improved.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The way they trashed the place as well, totally without reason, suggests this was more than just a police raid.

It's probably more likely the owners refused to pay protection money and were getting hit as a result. Destruction of evidence, theft and disabling the security systems also suggests their intended and premeditated actions were not police work at all. Perhaps they were out to put a competitor out of business, either for themselves or on behalf of a third party. It's not exactly outside the realms of possibility!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Interesting points, but sadly I think we are just seeing these thugs standard operating procedures!

But their expectancy of privacy is pure BS!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join