It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do most religions tell people to deny themselves (slavery/New World Order propaganda)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, even many forms of Hinduism and Taoism teaches people to deny themselves. If religions are against slavery and global control, then why don't they teach people to follow their happiness?

How many religions actually teach people that the purpose of life is be free by living in Happiness? Are there religions that teach that we should love ourselves and be happy?

Many people hate freedom. As much as many people claim to be for individual freedom, they seem to contradict themselves when people "mispell" words, when men dress as women, or when people dress as gothic, or anyone else that does not do what everyone else is doing.

What if the "god" of these selfless, do-what-you-are-told-and-obey religions IS the New World Order/Global Control? What better way to create approval for slavery than doing it in the disguise of "selflessness"?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
There is no individual 'you' who experiences life - there is just life.
But if there is a belief in yourself having a life - there will be fear of not having life.

Life arises as what it is. Anger is life manifesting. Happiness is life manifesting. The room is life manifesting. All that appears is life manifesting.

As soon as there appears to be something extra - a you - there will be conflict.

Rapture is when the illusion of 'you' lifts away - and all that is left is life.

The only problem in life is the one who believes he has life.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Why do you assume religious people are not happy?
Many Christians find great happiness in sacrificing to help others.
I can't speak for any of the other religions as I don't know many of them.
I'm agnostic myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Because religious people are living in self-denial believing that doing what you want is a sin as they are taught to by their religions, so in my perspective, it is not True Happiness.

a reply to: Itisnowagain

If I thought like you:

Slavery is ok, because there are no slaves, there is just life happening.

Microchips and global control is ok, because there are no people, just life happening.

Your belief system is propaganda.
edit on 4-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think you should post some verse or scripture to back up your proof.

So we can digest it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Quite simply religion is the cheap velvet glove used by governments and rulers etc to hold onto their power and to govern their citizens. Religious men know they would never be elected by people but by going into religious orders and donning the habit - whatever it is, they suddenly get respect, power and prestige, some may even get wealth or at least a damn good living.

Its a reciprocal arrangements because the ruler gets to tax people and the religious get to tithe people through the collection box.

The idea is to persuade people that if they don't do as the religious tell them, e.g. 'sacrifice and want very little, they will go to hell and be tortured forever. Its emotional blackmail and indoctrinated during the formative years lasts a long time. Emotional blackmail is very powerful especially in the hands of the perceived 'weak'.

Its very much cheaper than having to run an army which needs paying for and might rebel against the emperor or government etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think you're confused.

Let's break it down like this:

Self - willed, is a better translation of what these ancient religions are talking about.

It means acting for your self and thinking of your self above the collective (society, friends, family, the animal world etc)... This state of being, leads to a devolved more primitive state and won't bring you happiness or a long life. The selfless state, on the other hand does lead to better health and happiness because you have each other and its not just you against the world. It's brings security, wisdom, and happiness when you serve others and put them before yourself. If you're always looking out for yourself your only ever interacting with your own mind with all its fears and delusions, you won't be able to fulfill your spiritual potential.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ." - Ephesians 6:5

"Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh." - 1 Peter 2:18

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

It is about slavery, self-denial, and resisting happiness and fun and partying. Now some people are even trying to force their beliefs on others.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

im moderately familiar with all 5 religions you mentioned, Buddhism n Hindusim does not follow those type of thinking, however Islam and Judaism does. Buddhism/Hinduism talks about selflessness to gain nirvana.. not indulge in earthly materialistic things.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Buddhism/Hinduism talks about selflessness to gain nirvana.. not indulge in earthly materialistic things.

Exactly. They are anti-life. In some form of Buddhism, they even admit they just want darkness/void/emptiness.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Buddhism/Hinduism talks about selflessness to gain nirvana.. not indulge in earthly materialistic things.

Exactly. They are anti-life. In some form of Buddhism, they even admit they just want darkness/void/emptiness.

That's exaggerating an often misunderstood concept.
Not indulging does not mean not engaging in them. That was the whole point of the Buddhas Middle Way. If be had not accepted the bowl of rice offered to him, he would have starved to death. He realized if he died there would be one to teach what he had learned through meditation. So he accepted the food and realized the middle way.

Go and read my first comment in this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The 10 commandments - "God is Love"
1. Don't worship anything except Love itself
2. Don't make material wealth more important than Love
3. Do not Love in vain
4. Observe a day of rest to gather and share Love in the community
5. Honour your father and mother
6. Do not kill
7. Don't cheat on your spouse
8. Don't steal
9. Don't lie
10. Don't desire your neighbors possessions, for they don't belong to you, and material wealth does not make you happier

Let us change the word slavery to employee, because essentially that is what slaves were, before the modern system of government.

11. Employees obey your bosses.

12. If your not born gay, don't try being gay.
If your born gay don't try being straight.

Which one of the above do you disagree with?

13. The religions teach practical rules for not hurting others. They don't teach self-denial, they teach becoming yourself, rising above whatever the norm may be.

14. The only form of self denial is to understand that we are part of one world, so we should live for the benefit of the whole world, and not be selfish and live only for ourselves.

15. Jesus teaching was against the religion that had rose up. Obviously he didn't agree with what they were teaching, and they didn't understand him, and apparently you don't either. He was crucified for telling people that a piece of the divine is within us all, and that Love was the purpose found when one connects to the Spirit within themselves.

16. We should love our neighbors even if they do not think exactly like we do.

17. The religions teach that material possessions do not love you back, so will not find love as long as you are seeking happiness from material wealth.

I will be happy once I get a job.
I will be happy once I get a car.
I will be happy once I get a home.
I will be happy once I have new furniture.
I will be happy once I get a promotion.
I will be happy once I get .............

This is a never ending list, because material wealth cannot make you happy. Possessions do not love you back.

18. I will be happy once I am surrounded by people who Love me and share the same beliefs as me. Only this line of thinking leads to happiness.

19. The religions are about reflecting on yourself and finding peace within yourself.

20. The temporal laws are guidelines that are good to follow while you are on the journey to understand yourself.

21. I don't see self-denial, but I do find self-discovery.

Which one of these 21 points do you think is denying myself? They are practical rules to follow that will keep you from hurting others and causing yourself suffering, nothing more.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

So partying and drinking is ok according to Buddhism if a person chooses that for themselves?

a reply to: Isurrender73

In my opinion, the most important thing is to love yourself. Guilt and shame are negative energies/spirits. There are people trying to shame gay people for being comfortable with themselves and expressing their sexuality. There are people trying to shame rich people for knowing that they deserve the best and have a lot of money. There are people shaming women as "whores" just for expressing their sexuality as they have a right to do (like men do).

Self-love is the greatest protection against such tactics of shame and guilt to control people.

My opinion is this: people should do what they want and let others do what they want, a respect for free-will. People should spend more time loving themselves than condemning others.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: nonjudgementalist

So partying and drinking is ok according to Buddhism if a person chooses that for themselves?

Partying and drinking is ok with the man who turned 150 gallons of water into wine -Jesus Christ Loved a good party.

The bible teaches don't become an Alcoholic. And don't drink around Alcoholics if you are worried they will be tempted to drink. It is better to Love your Alcoholic friend then to cause him/her to stumble.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Double Post

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, even many forms of Hinduism and Taoism teaches people to deny themselves. If religions are against slavery and global control, then why don't they teach people to follow their happiness?

How many religions actually teach people that the purpose of life is be free by living in Happiness? Are there religions that teach that we should love ourselves and be happy?

Many people hate freedom. As much as many people claim to be for individual freedom, they seem to contradict themselves when people "mispell" words, when men dress as women, or when people dress as gothic, or anyone else that does not do what everyone else is doing.

What if the "god" of these selfless, do-what-you-are-told-and-obey religions IS the New World Order/Global Control? What better way to create approval for slavery than doing it in the disguise of "selflessness"?

What you're talking about is Hedonism, the Church of Satan, and Satanism. They focus on pure enjoyment, following your own wants & happiness, selfishness, etc.

What you seem to naively overlook is that many people get pleasure out of harming others. Is it really a good idea to persuade rapists to follow their happiness? Or pedophiles? Or serial killers? Or abusive boyfriends, child abusers, poachers, con men, thieves, bullies, war profiteers? Should we encourage cartels, pimps, armed militants, neo-Nazis, and child sex rings to focus on their happiness, too?

Anti-religious types always seem to conveniently overlook this, as if people are all kindhearted individuals. The whole point in many religions telling a person to "deny themselves" (as you put it) is to help the adherents overcome their vices, weaknesses, flaws, etc.

Also, your statements are such broad generalizations that it's hard to have a real conversation about them. Each religion has many different denominations, which have many different interpretations. So would you be specific as to which denomination and/or which scripture you're talking about? Then we can have a real discussion.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The texts don't teach judgment of others.

The texts teach you to judge yourself according to the principle of do no harm to others. And to live in peace with those who have different views, yet cause you no harm. Tolerance for non oppression is found in all the texts.

I know what the religious teach, but I also know what the sacred texts themselves say. And the religious after 2000 years still do not teach the message of Jesus Christ, Moses, Mohammed, or much of any of the philosophy found in the texts themselves.

Men who want to be right have twisted the texts by cherry picking verses that they neither understand nor use within the correct context.

The problem is not the texts themselves but the ignorant who claim to be the righteous, mostly through ritual salvation.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

People should do what they want and let others do what they want, a respect for free-will. Rapists and thieves do not care about other people's free-will.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

People should do what they want and let others do what they want, a respect for free-will. Rapists and thieves do not care about other people's free-will.

Is a rapist doing what he wants?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, but he doesn't reapect the free-will of the person he rapes, so he's an enemy of Freedom like the gods of slavery most people worship.

<<   2  3 >>

join