It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
doesnt look like a rock to me

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure funbox found this thing about a year ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo
Wow, thats nice. Really nice research.
Now I'm even more perplexed to be honest?

It does not look like shadows that is playing a trick in the OP's picture.

Hmm

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi all and thanks for the awesome replies and research.

And to the nay-sayers, I do understand you, but please let ATS be what it is about. I've nothing against being skeptic, but it annoys me that many of you jump in here, even tho you know what its about, and brings hate into the threads.

I dont say that this is aliens or anything, but its human to think, speculate, wonder and fantasise about what the heck it could be. Thats why we are heading into a type 1 civilization - because we think and wonder.

You guys never wonder about the universe?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
All I see is the cat setting on the rock at the far left.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Looks like one of these:

A solid-gold sun key ring.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well for those complaining that this is something more than just a rock remember this...

Until it is shown otherwise this is just a rock on a planet covered by and get this...Just Rocks.

At the very least, it is an awesome and curious rock. It could well be natural, but some rather interesting process shaped it like that. Unless you have no interest in science whatsoever, then yeah, "just rocks."

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst
Hi all and thanks for the awesome replies and research.

And to the nay-sayers, I do understand you, but please let ATS be what it is about. I've nothing against being skeptic, but it annoys me that many of you jump in here, even tho you know what its about, and brings hate into the threads.

I dont say that this is aliens or anything, but its human to think, speculate, wonder and fantasise about what the heck it could be. Thats why we are heading into a type 1 civilization - because we think and wonder.

You guys never wonder about the universe?

PIXELATION...

Please...when examining mars rock anomalies there should be some rules..
(1) Provide original source...THANK YOU for doing this.
(2) Don't mess with or otherwise alter the image
(3) Think about pixilation and the effects that can have on the image

this is the image unaltered and zoomed.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst

Image A

Image B

original image

I'm usually largely skeptical of these threads, however this intrigues me.

I understand the aspect of the Original Images you have linked in the OP, and the point of the first image (a few minor contracst enhancements).

Can you please specify how you got from image A to image B from the original please. My point is image B (zoomed in) looks heavily enhanced, compared to the contrast enhanced image A, and also if you zoom in on the original you cannot make out such a level of detail.

If you can show what filters or effects have been added and can prove there is no deliberate overenhancement of the region of interest features, then sir will I still be interested

watch the void.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
From that same Sol. The creature's mate:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it looks like a sea urchin or something, interesting find
edit on 3-8-2015 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I was thinking it was one of those wall things like this one.

www.aspencountry.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: ypperst

Normally, I wuldn't respond to such threads but I'm going to make an exception this time..because..I've had enough.

For years, we've had people posting pictures of rocks that could resemble almost anything if you stared at it long enough. "Hey guys! Is this a severed finger on mars?" or "hey guys! I found a primitive vase in the mars rover pictures!"

It's BS.

There's nothing on mars exept for rocks that have been eroded in an infinite and random fashion by the weather.

That's not to say mars is not interesting. We know that it has probably and still might be home to basic life in bacteria and such, but nothing advanced enough to make anything of this nature. Move along, there's nothing to see here...unless you came to look at rocks.

Maybe you should bring your squeals to the Rant forum if a thread like this offends you so much.

Telling from the stars and flags some of us find it rather intriguing to investigate and speculate on matters that frankly, nobody here knows the answers to. And if you claim that you do have the definitive answer with no supporting evidence other then your own bias, don't expect people to take you seriously.

Back to the topic at and, it does look incredibly out of place. Almost like a fossil or some sort of fungi? Never seen anything like this before in a Mars photo, definitely strange.

Good catch OP

Looks like a dude's head in the middle of it with the image zoomed in.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Wow.....that is......yeh..........interesting. Gives me the heebeegeebees. Looks like some sort of fossilized plant life, or giant rock worm....or maybe it isnt even fossilized?

Damn, this is the best anomaly yet.

Is there a higher res pic of this somewhere?
edit on 3-8-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I think you made a good discovery there. Certainly not a normal formation of rocks. Looks like its rather been placed into the formation or it is sculptured into that. Nature tends to not form complicated patterned that are upright and also horizontal to its position, specially not from rock. So I would say, looks like you may have spotted an old artefact.

With stories of Mars and panspermia, who knows.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Looks like one of these:

A solid-gold sun key ring.

Bingo. I'd wonder what the sun would look like through its atmosphere. No. I wonder what the sun would look like from Mars through its atmosphere if/when it had an active core.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
One wonders why we spend so much time and effort for a bunch of ordinary, wholly unremarkable rocks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
On another note, to all you mods lurking....does this belong in SW or maybe something a little more pronounced. It's just not fitting down here. The anomaly deserves an explanation not ridicule.

Curiously, there hasn't been a single skeptic to come on and put up an argument let alone a strong one.

I also noted the "rockers" are suddenly quiet post page 2 (not counting me, temporarily converted) What gives?

I don't want you here just to hear people say rock but there are clever skeptics with good arguments on here. I'll take any. Please? Pretty please?

edit on 3-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Back to the topic at and, it does look incredibly out of place. Almost like a fossil or some sort of fungi? Never seen anything like this before in a Mars photo, definitely strange.

Good catch OP

Did you altar the image of the object of interest at all? Because if you didn't, that really does look like something that is alive. I mean we all know that rock formations can play tricks on the Human mind, but your resized image here is about as convincing as anything else I have ever seen concerning Mars rover images. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
One wonders why we spend so much time and effort for a bunch of ordinary, wholly unremarkable rocks.

Because as strange as it may sound, historically speaking, it only takes one rock to change a global understanding of our entire history.

For all we know We were indigenous to Mars until it died, we escaped to Earth a young, yet promising planet.

The world was flat at one time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join