It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the left want terrorist in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It doesn't take much intelligence to know that we can fight the enemy on their land or they can fight us on our land.

That is the way it has been done since man walked on this earth and did battle, and unfortunately it is still true today.

The left wants them to come here----the right would rather keep them busy in their land.

Terrorist are not going away with "happy talk", they will only cease when they are incapable of doing damage to other countries.

America won the war on the USSR alone----and it looks like we will win or lose the war on terror alone.

If we lose----the world will pay the price----if we win we will be mocked as bullies.

A big price to pay for being the greatest country in the world, but what the heck.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

- No it doesn't....

.....and neither does 'the left' accept the sole 2 options the US 'right' think are all that is possible.

Sorry but IMO this is just a false and cynically manipulative propostion.

The 'left' would rather see lives saved and billions spent on peace and peaceful development where it is desparately needed than deaths in the hundred thousands and munitions in ultra expensive avoidable wars (which somewhere along the line are usually self-induced thanks to the politics of expedience).

[edit on 29-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

The left wants them to come here----the right would rather keep them busy in their land.

Can you provide a link to your unfounded accusations? I doubt it because its not true, and if you cant provide some substantiating evidence of said accusation, then that makes you a person who spreads falshoods and disinformation.

I am a Liberal, and I DO NOT want the terrorist here. I guess that just blew your hypothosis out of the water, eh

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this is just a rather extreme illustration of the difference of view for the war on terror. The Bush administration wants to take the war to them, the Democratic view tends to want to guard things back home more than commit overseas.

That is a generalization though because there are always exceptions to the rule.

All-in-all, not too much to get worked up over. My view tends to be one of taking the fight to them and keeping them busy. Must be due to the influence of the SEALs I know.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hmmm, liberals? Damn, what are they? The jews to hitler? Witches to christians? Christians to romans? Blacks to republicans? Why is forward thinking, right giving, freedom finding, and not being war mongers so bad? Also, ever notice that republicans support war, democrats don't. But who fights in wars? Don't see to many millionaires out there on the battle feild, seems all the spots are taken by democrats. The last republican who actually fought was who? Ike? Well, Lincoln was ready to fight if McClellan didn't get off his ass, but Lincoln was in the old Republican party, the one known today as democrat.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- No it doesn't....

.....and neither does 'the left' accept the sole 2 options the US 'right' think are all that is possible.

Sorry but IMO this is just a false and cynically manipulative propostion.

The 'left' would rather see lives saved and billions spent on peace and peaceful development where it is desparately needed than deaths in the hundred thousands and munitions in ultra expensive avoidable wars (which somewhere along the line are usually self-induced thanks to the politics of expedience).

[edit on 29-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

Everyone wants peace but only America does anything to get peace.

We stopped Hitler and saved Europe and the world-----we stopped the USSR and saved Europe and the world-----we are now working on stopping terrorist----to save Europe and the world.

Perhaps the world would already have peace if we didn't have to fight your simplistically foolish leftwing ideology too.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
America helped save the wars in europe , so did the USSR.
The us didnt exsactly support peace during the cold war did they?
Can you say afghanistan?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Perhaps the world would already have peace if we didn't have to fight your simplistically foolish leftwing ideology too.

Please, enlighten me as to what is foolish about guarding our own boarders and letting other countries make thier own decesions? I would really like to know what is foolish about this. Also, Could you please provide some evidence to back up your initial claim, or is it just your opinion. You have presented this as a fact, so it should be easy for you to back up your claims.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper Perhaps the world would already have peace if we didn't have to fight your simplistically foolish leftwing ideology too.
Simplistically foolish?!?!?!?! How ironic. Your "right-wing" mind-set certainly seems to be the typical "modern neo-conservative" outlook, finely tuned through ditto-head thinking as a result of an overdose of paid conservative pundits. Simplistic? Indeed. It seems as though for you, anything that ain't right must be left. And if you're not with us, you're against us. Too bad. There's lots of important ground between the far-right and far-left.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Simplistically foolish?!?!?!?! How ironic.

Your "right-wing" mind-set certainly seems to be the typical "modern neo-conservative" outlook, finely tuned through ditto-head thinking as a result of an overdose of paid conservative pundits.

Simplistic? Indeed. It seems as though for you, anything that ain't right must be left. And if you're not with us, you're against us.

Too bad. There's lots of important ground between the far-right and far-left.

I don't read or listen to conservative radio----I have heard about Rush and ditto heads from liberals-----I do however read Liberal's stuff----and it amazes me that so many people believe what is coming from the left.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by sleeper]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Simplistic? Indeed. It seems as though for you, anything that ain't right must be left. And if you're not with us, you're against us.

I agree. It's checks and balances. I believe personally in taking things to their front door rather than ours, but even this is a "flawed" setup and I understand that. It can (and does) have serious issues with foreign policy having the US stomp around the globe. Also while we are so concerned with the "front", what could possibly be going on in the "back"?

And don't forget Sleeper...to take the far-far-far-right view that you have taken here puts you in the same catagory of "extremist".

"Perhaps the world would already have peace if we didn't have to fight your simplistically foolish leftwing ideology too."

No way. Being more defensive minded or more concerned with the other implications of "taking the fight to them", is not simplistic. In fact, if you use that logic in chess...I would probably kick your butt. Nothing simplistic about that.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hmmm, liberals? Damn, what are they? The jews to hitler? Witches to christians? Christians to romans? Blacks to republicans? Why is forward thinking, right giving, freedom finding, and not being war mongers so bad? Also, ever notice that republicans support war, democrats don't. But who fights in wars? Don't see to many millionaires out there on the battle feild, seems all the spots are taken by democrats. The last republican who actually fought was who? Ike? Well, Lincoln was ready to fight if McClellan didn't get off his ass, but Lincoln was in the old Republican party, the one known today as democrat.

BTW there are as many if not more Liberal millionaires as Conservatives, most lawyers are Liberal and look at all those millionaire lefties in Hollywood.

No one has to defend themselves, Conservatives tend to want to, Liberals don't care----they believe they can live under any system that comes along.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
America helped save the wars in europe , so did the USSR.
The us didnt exsactly support peace during the cold war did they?
Can you say afghanistan?

America kept the peace during the Cold War-----the lefties mostly in Europe were willing to become part of the evil empire (USSR) rather than anger the Communist Bear.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Please, enlighten me as to what is foolish about guarding our own boarders and letting other countries make thier own decesions? I would really like to know what is foolish about this. Also, Could you please provide some evidence to back up your initial claim, or is it just your opinion. You have presented this as a fact, so it should be easy for you to back up your claims.

So you are saying that America should have stayed out of Hitler�s way?

America should have let the Soviet Union swallow up Europe?

When should America get involved?----After the world has went to hell in a hand basket?

Have you seen what is out in the world? Haiti, the Middle East, Africa, China, South America.

America is by �virtue of the gods� the one place that reason prevails and is the only country in the position to referee in this quagmire of madness engulfing much of the world.

Or you can stay in your protective bubble, and pretend that the world can live in harmony as soon as the Age of Aquarius kicks in.

Could happen----but until then America will have to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I agree. It's checks and balances. I believe personally in taking things to their front door rather than ours, but even this is a "flawed" setup and I understand that. It can (and does) have serious issues with foreign policy having the US stomp around the globe. Also while we are so concerned with the "front", what could possibly be going on in the "back"?

And don't forget Sleeper...to take the far-far-far-right view that you have taken here puts you in the same catagory of "extremist".

"Perhaps the world would already have peace if we didn't have to fight your simplistically foolish leftwing ideology too."

No way. Being more defensive minded or more concerned with the other implications of "taking the fight to them", is not simplistic. In fact, if you use that logic in chess...I would probably kick your butt. Nothing simplistic about that.

I don't think that I am far to the right----the fact that the pendulum has swung so far to the left----it might look that way to some.

The left has been successful at portraying America to the world as some kind of monster----unfortunately even some Americans are buying those lies.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So you are saying that America should have stayed out of Hitler�s way?

America should have let the Soviet Union swallow up Europe?

When should America get involved?----After the world has went to hell in a hand basket?

Have you seen what is out in the world? Haiti, the Middle East, Africa, China, South America.

America is by �virtue of the gods� the one place that reason prevails and is the only country in the position to referee in this quagmire of madness engulfing much of the world.

Or you can stay in your protective bubble, and pretend that the world can live in harmony as soon as the Age of Aquarius kicks in.

Could happen----but until then America will have to do.

Why is it that every time a conservative is asked to validate thier claims, they go off on an unrelated tangent. Dont ask me if this is what I am saying. Answer the question with some simblence of intelligence, and a bit of evidence as to why my ideals are foolish. Typical. A conservative makes an ignorant claim, and then gets mad and starts spouting nonsence to cover the dribble of his previous post. I explained my ideals, and they are nothing like you described. I think what you have been reading is actually conservative propaganda agianst the left.

Now I will ask you agian. Why are my ideals foolish?

Also, your claims that there are as many Liberal millionares as conservative millionaires is ludicris. If you have a link to prove this claim, it might ad credence. But I warn you, I have many links just waiting to counter this claim. so unless you have definitive proof, you might want to retrack that last claim.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

America kept the peace during the Cold War-----the lefties mostly in Europe were willing to become part of the evil empire (USSR) rather than anger the Communist Bear.

Hang on let me point out the many wrongs in that reply.
1stly your biggest mistake was suggesting that russia was comunist.
2ndly your saying america did everything and british intelegence didnt help.
3rdly Your denying the whole USA training osama bin laden?
4thly I suppose the whole NATO force in europe , which i might add is stil there and i might add britiain was annd still is a major player in the naval section.
5thly America did help keep the peace but she did not do it on her own.

Lastly your lefties have also helped britain more than the right has, did rights introduce NHS? national insurance? Social services?

The Right is perfect for a war but left is good for peace time, right is cautios where the left is diplomatic.
Both have cons and both have pro's.
Those who stand in between left and right are in my eyes the best people for running a government.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
mispost. My bad.

[edit on 12/29/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

mispost. My bad.

That's more lucid than some of the posts in this thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

mispost. My bad.

That's more lucid than some of the posts in this thread.

I actually went to edit my previous post and hit the quote button instead

At least I can admit my mistakes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join