It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbia: Prosecutor’s Office Requests Investigation Into Lottery Draw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The 59th round of lottery draw late on Tuesday caused great suspicion about the regularity of the game of chance, media reported.

Namely, the fifth number in the winning combination appeared on the screen before the ball with the number was even taken out of the machine.

After a seemingly regular draw of the first three numbers (4, 33 and 12), suspicions arose as number 21 was displayed on the screen instead of number 27, the fourth number to be actually taken out of the machine. After that, the ball with the number 21 was drawn out as the fifth number in a row.

Serbia: Prosecutor’s Office Requests Investigation Into Lottery Draw

I've always thought the lottery could be rigged, and rigged with ease I should add, but you know with all the auditors, regulatory compliance, standards and laws I trust(ed) the system.

Have a look at video embedded within the attached article and let me know what you think.

The question is - will you be buying your lottery ticket this weekend?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

The lottery is nothing short of an idiot tax really.

I'm be unsurprised if the entirety of lotteries held in most countries are some what fraudulent.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I have no doubt that is the case, unfortunately. However I'm still of the opinion that somebody has to win the jackpot and I need a new car. I'll be putting my ticket on this weekend. If it is rigged, I hope they choose me.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Oh I feel the same way, I buy a loto ticket once a month. Hey it's 5 dollars I can do without and if I did win millions of dollars, I'd be a pretty happy idiot!

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Corrupt or not, the state operates games of chance, a practice considered so detrimental to society that it is made illegal for anyone to do.

Notice the irony?

I am not a huge gambling man but, if it is voluntary and harms no one but the participant, gambling should be legal.

The "stupid tax" is the only tax that is optional.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

$5 for a lottery ticket! We are £2 ($3.1 ish) and until recently it was £1. Those of you who regularly play are being robbed regardless.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

$5 for a lottery ticket! We are £2 ($3.1 ish) and until recently it was £1. Those of you who regularly play are being robbed regardless.

The 'upscale' lottery tickets are usually scratch types and they also come in the $1 variety.

I will admit to having bought them but, I made a rule for myself to only do so with my very last dollar, a circumstance which I have repeated more times than I care to admit.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Our is Loto Max

It's this fancy new one they started a few years ago. Top prize is 50 Million dollars and they draw several 1 million dollar prizez every week. Standard ticket is 5$, enhanced ticket with more chances is usually 7.

But theoretically you could buy a 100$ ticket if you wanted that many lines. It would just be like buying 10 regular tickets but all in one.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I made a rule for myself to only do so with my very last dollar, a circumstance which I have repeated more times than I care to admit.

A very sensible habit that I'm going to take with me.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I am not a huge gambling man but, if it is voluntary and harms no one but the participant, gambling should be legal.

Yes of course, but what if it's fixed?

And on that note has anybody on this forum came across any similar stories regarding rigged lottery results?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes of course, but what if it's fixed?

And on that note has anybody on this forum came across any similar stories regarding rigged lottery results?

It is fraud of course and the perpetrator should be charged accordingly. In this case, the state should be charged with fraud.

The problem with this is that any settlement would necessarily be paid by taxpayers. It's also hard to throw the entirety of the Department of Lottery in jail.
edit on 30-7-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The problem with this is that any settlement would necessarily be paid by taxpayers. It's also hard to throw the entirety of the Department of Lottery in jail.

This reminds me of when our government-ran broadcasting company the BBC had rigged phone-in competitions across numerous TV shows even including Children In Need and Sport Relief which are predominantly charity events. I think this was back in 2006/2007. Essentially - they apologized, and fined of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The lottery is nothing short of an idiot tax really.

I'm be unsurprised if the entirety of lotteries held in most countries are some what fraudulent.

~Tenth

Geez really, easy. Let people have a little hope of becoming rich, bank always win

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have always thought the same! LOL @ the Serbians screwing it up so badly...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I have always thought the same! LOL @ the Serbians screwing it up so badly...

I will be very interested to see how popular their next lottery draw is, oh dear.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'll bet this will turn out to be a simple mistake or typo. The numbers 21 and 27 look very similar. Especially when viewed on a small screen, or from far away by someone with poor eyesight.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yes but to accidentally type 21, and then 21 is drawn... A very strange coincidence indeed.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I think that's all it is, is just a coincidence. The actual probability for that particular coincidence is far lower than winning the lottery with all six numbers.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Oh I feel the same way, I buy a loto ticket once a month. Hey it's 5 dollars I can do without and if I did win millions of dollars, I'd be a pretty happy idiot!

~Tenth[/quote

Yep.

I'm in for the clean sweep of 21mil. this weekend on lotto.

Be nice to me ...

edit on 30-7-2015 by Timely because: bad look

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
bones the SC lottery has a pattern of repeating numbers in multiple draws so yes its rigged and the entire industry is in on it so they dont have any leaks. They have machines rigged to always pick the lightest balls and each day switch out the laoded balls to give it the illusion of randomness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join