It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I wonder why Shamrock hasn't blasted you yet for changing the entire story line while lambasting the other poster?
edit on 30-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Another thing that bears repeating is that this was a college police officer, not a city officer who was implicated in the shooting. I was unaware that college police had any authority outside of the college campus.

Senseless no matter what.

a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Ah, thank you for the correction.

They don't they are paid security guards and thinking the police would protect them is funny. They would be the first to hang campus cops out to dry since its not even required they go to the police academy.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: staticfl
a reply to: abe froman

This is another typical rush to judgement and burn the cop down at any cost thread. Watch the video slowly and understand it. Here's two examples of why I think he will get off.

The cop is shown clearly reaching in the car and has grabbed the guys shirt or more likely, the seat belt trying to stop him.

The next still shot shows the cop falling down next to the car. From the orientation of the chest camera showing his face he most likely has his legs out from under him and possibly above his head. Look at the driver side mirror in relation. He was dragged.

Fair enough. "The cop was dragged."

That poor little guy. As mama not around to tend to his boo-boo?

Does that seriously justify shooting someone in the head?

I remember once in history class, my teacher (high school at the time), talked to us one period about Operation Paperclip.

American government recruiting and giving amnesty to Nazi scientists. Nasty stuff.

I always, even now to an extent, think to myself, "that could never really happen... thats insane," but it did. It really did.

And then I think of the rash of police brutality in America, the inconsistencies of internal investigations, penalties resulting in leaves, vacations, re-hirings at other police departments - and each and every time:

Police Chief: "It ills my gravely that one of my own would partake in such inhumane actions such as etc etc"

It just baffles me. The UN does a report, and scathes the U.S. on the way it's police treat it's populace.

Yet all the while, there are those that defend it, and get away with it.

Every time one of these stories emerge, I always imagine.

What if the victim in this case had a badge, and the officer didn't.

Would it still have the same ruling?

Are you serious yes if someone is fleeing with the officer caught and being dragged he should shoot him. If a black man was being dragged behind a pickup truck I'm sure you would be all for him being shot. If its true and he was being dragged he had reason to kill him however should be fired for getting in that position in the first place. Shows a real lack of training.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

I was discussing this incident long before you ever showed up with your revisionist commentary bub. Pages and pages before you ever got here.

I'm not deflecting anything. I just don't like seeing people try to spin things that are pretty cut and dry on video because they feel like they just aren't quite bad enough.

By god you're right. It isn't bad enough that the officer made a federal case out of the guy not having his license on him. It isn't bad enough that the officer created the entire situation. It isn't bad enough that the officer felt he was justified in killing someone who happened to be stuck in a situation the officer created. Isn't bad enough the victim died. Let's slowly tweak the narrative over time to make it even worse. A word here, a word there, and before you know it this cop will be jumping out of his car with his weapon drawn and the victim will be kneeling in prayer on the street.

Sounds fun

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Dude was being removed from the vehicle lawfully when he bolted and drove towards the cop. There's more grey area here than people are acknowledging.

Shamrock......

Are you going to argue with this poster for pages also?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
In the end, the ex-cop lied about what happened.

If he had valid reasons to shoot the unarmed man in the head at point blank range.... what need is there to lie about how it happened???

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The fact the cop even (apparently) had the right to pull the guy out of his car, simply because he didn't have his licence on him seems like an issue to me, which needs to be rectified.

What rational person wouldn't get a little paranoid and have the instinct to drive off if some crazy person was attempting to pull you out of your car, simply because you forgot your wallet?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Nah. The point remains the same, when it comes to trying to rewrite this.

@ butcher - excellent point. I found it interesting that he was telling his story to literally anybody who stood still long enough and was close enough to hear it. But it wasn't the frantic "oh my god oh my god" retelling of events, it was pretty dang calm.

I also found the look that his sergeant/corporal (can't tell) gave him when he first arrived to be very interesting. His own supervisor seemed more agitated than he was, but then again that might just be personality. Along with, what seemed to me anyway, a pretty distinct lack of "give a damn" for his story by the Cincinnati sergeants.

I haven't watched the entire full video yet though.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo. Oof.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: EternalSolace

Is that the fault of all the other people there marching peacefully?

The status quo so far , from Ferguson, To Boston, to everything since then is that, apparently , its NEVER their fault....

No matter what they destroy, no matter whose livelihoods are destroyed, no matter whose homes or property is torn asunder....

Its.......never.........their........fault......

"oh no they just (insert PC, apologist line here)

Who are "they"?

When you call everyone pointing out your bigotry as "PC apologists" what you really mean is "non racists"?

Lyeah........IM A bigot........you of all people have no room to talk, most of us have seen your hateful posts on here to anyone that is even slightly conservative........

How bout not attacking members with slanderous BS ?

That being said really glad this started and ended peaceful, exactly the way it should be, maybe this can serve as a lesson of how things should be

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yes, the post shooting portion of the video is telling.

When I watched the live news conference yesterday, before seeing the video, I was wondering if the prosecutor was throwing the ex-cop to the wolves (given the things he was saying), in order to prevent unrest in the streets. But after watching the video, I agreed with what he said there. He said that the perp lied about what took place and he said that there was no excuse for shooting Dubose.
I have to say that I would not have done the things that Dubose did during the traffic stop, but his actions did not warrant shooting him.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Are you serious yes if someone is fleeing with the officer caught and being dragged he should shoot him. If a black man was being dragged behind a pickup truck I'm sure you would be all for him being shot. If its true and he was being dragged he had reason to kill him however should be fired for getting in that position in the first place. Shows a real lack of training.

Have you seen the video? THE COP was in no position to have been ran over. He shot a fleeing suspect
that was unarmed right in the face dude.... I USE TO WATCH A LOT of cops, and they
would always run back into their vehicle call back up close the streets ahead down and take
him down and let him have his day in court... this cop DID THINK HE WAS JUDGE DREDD
guys a sycophant

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry I dropped out of the thread yesterday.

I got home, watched the results on TV, got my hair done and passed out.

Now... I was disgusted by what I saw on that video. As I said before I am supportive of Police.... but not yesterday, not that officer.

I struggled to hold back tears as I watched his family speak on the outcome.

I was very proud of our city yesterday. We showed the country that violence isn't necessary to receive justice.

I was also very proud and inspired by his family, especially Sam Dubose's mother.

Glad they are starting to get closure and justice in the case of their son, and hopefully our city sees this through to the end.

-Alee.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Unless there are some actual punishments for the crimes these cops commit, this crap is never going to stop. Even with video evidence nothing will probably happen to this guy just like all the others who get away with murder. Everybody still wants to believe cops protect us but they only protect themselves. Good, honest cops are very rare these days.

How do I know nothing’s gonna come of it? Same as always – the other cop who lied on the official report to cover up for his buddy was never charged, or fired. Video makes it clear that Tensing wasn’t dragged even an inch, yet his buddy still sided with the killer to support his getting away with murder. He should be charged with obstruction of justice and being accessory to murder for the attempted cover up, because that’s what a citizen would be looking at if he did the same.

From the report:
Officer Kidd was on scene with OIT Lindenschmidt. Officer Kidd told me that he witnessed the Honda Accord drag Officer Tensing.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: SlapMonkey

From the body-cam video I saw I don't think Tensing was knocked to the ground, and I didn't see parts of his body in the vehicle when Dubose took off. I only saw the video twice, though, so I could be wrong.

I don't think it'll be hard for the prosecution to prove malicious intent here. The defense will have a harder time, I think, than the prosecution.

I assume that you've since seen the second video from the other officer's bodycam? He arrives on the scene and it shows ex-Officer Tensing on the ground.

I think it's going to be exceptionally hard for the prosecution to convince the jury of malicious intent. Tensing needs to be convicted of something, as killing Dubose was obviously unnecessary, but I don't think that it's going to be murder.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I haven't actually. Is there a link somewhere in the thread? I didn't even know that footage was released.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I just saw this twitter.com...

It shows that the dragging may very well have happened.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would argue that he had a reason to reach in (it appears he was trying to shut off the vehicle), but I think that he was more pulled along with the car than dragged, and then lost his balance and fell.

I think that the honest problem was that Tensing had some really poor communication skills at the point where he started opening the car door. Up until that point, I think that he was doing a decent job, dismissing a little snarky tone toward the end (but in his defense, he was asking the same question over and over without a direct response).

Had Tensing explained that he wanted Dubose to step out of the vehicle, or that he was going to open his door and detain him until he could figure out the status of his license, I think Dubose would be a live today and Tensing would be back out on patrol.

I don't think there was malice in Tensing's heart at the time of the killing, I just think that it was a really, REALLY bad judgment call on his part to pull out the weapon and fire. I feel terrible for both of their families and friends, because as this unfolds, you know that the media and Deters (the prosecutor) are going to make Tensing out to be some sort of blood-thirsty animal, and judging by his record, that doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully the defense doesn't try anything stupid with doing the same to Dubose--lots of arrests, lots of kids, etc.--because none of that has anything to do with this case.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks Shamrock! I'll look at it shortly.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

I think the defense will point out the pot hole and the officer's location as he was walking to the car as well as after he was on the ground and say he was dragged. We can't tell by this video if the officer was dragged while he was reaching in the car, or if he may have been pulled along by the car after he shot Dubose.

I would really like to see his dashcam footage, because then we would know what the vehicle Dubose was driving was doing during the entire encounter.

Just pointing out that the officer may be indicted, but he may not get convicted of anything. If that happens, cue the proverbial SHTF.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join