It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns African leaders who refuse to step down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Obama is currently making a tour of African countries.

He seems to be on some kind of new mission as he emphasizing some very politically and socially charged issues.

The latest is about "Leaders" that don't step down and he relates that to "the cancer of corruption".

Hmmm.

That one is scary indeed !!!!!

It's one of those "Look who's talking" moments !!

Obama warns African leaders who refuse to step down

Barack Obama on Tuesday condemned African leaders who refuse to give up power and urged the continent to end "the cancer of corruption", in the first ever address to the African Union by a US president.

But Obama said the rest of the world also needed to change its approach to Africa by boosting fair trade and not just providing aid handouts, and vowed that the United States stood with the region to defeat terrorism and end conflict.

Here's the knee slapper ......

"Africa's democratic progress is also at risk when leaders refuse to step aside when their terms end," Obama said, drawing huge applause and cheers from some sections of the audience in the AU's Nelson Mandela hall.

"No one should be president for life," he said, explaining that he was personally relishing handing over office in 18 months.

Is Obama in a "Suggestive" Mode?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He's clearly talking about people like Robert Mugabe...

& he is right to do so.

"It's one of those 'look who's talking' moments"...

No, it isn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So ... you don't believe in the "democratic process"?

Ignore for the moment that it contains the word "Democrat" ... I know that sets you off.

Please explain why it's a "knee slapper" that our President is standing up against tyranny.

Again, you take a news piece and try to reframe it according to your own agenda.

Aside from your constant fear-mongering (Alinsky, Rule 3) what are you saying here? What specific threat do you see in the President's comments. Do you disagree with him? Do you believe that African leaders should ignore the rule of law?

????

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But Obama used himself as an example.

THAT alone is very scary.

He often accuses others of what he himself is guilty of (or is thinking about).

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

c'mon man. I can't stand obama either. but are you really going to bad mouth the good that he manages to stumble into?

I can't see how ridding the continent of the Mugabe's of the world could be a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I wonder if he said the same things to the House of Saud. Or, you know, the House of Bush or the House of Clinton lol. It seems he doesn't mind families with the same agenda in politics, just individuals.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How does the old saying go ? "Birds of a feather flock together"

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh, but it's all part of a conspiracy theory.

This is a conspiracy sub-forum under the "conspiracy theory forums".

Just because the issues involve political celebrities doesn't mean there's no corruption and conspiracy !!!

Feel free to disagree in any manner you wish !!!

That too, is a conspiracy isn't it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

I wonder if he said the same things to the House of Saud. Or, you know, the House of Bush or the House of Clinton lol. It seems he doesn't mind families with the same agenda in politics, just individuals.

It does seem to be following a selective agenda IMO.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

c'mon man. I can't stand obama either. but are you really going to bad mouth the good that he manages to stumble into?

I can't see how ridding the continent of the Mugabe's of the world could be a bad thing.

That might involve some military actions and financing.

People that support military action would see it that way indeed.

Good observation.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pretty pointless words from him to be honest. Nothing will change unless he sends in the freedom drones and democracy missile.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Pretty pointless words from him to be honest. Nothing will change unless he sends in the freedom drones and democracy missile.

Yes, it would have to involve the Military/Industrial Complex.

This could be the hidden agenda in the words.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And away we go !!!

Obama Says ‘I Could Win’ 3rd Term as President

Never let a crisis go to waste !!!

Pray he is not talking in "opposites".

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — President Obama asserted on Tuesday that he could win a third term if allowed by the Constitution, but said he was looking forward to life after the presidency, when he will be able to take a walk and spend more time with his family.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As much as I disagree with many of BHO's actions, and don't support many parts of this administrations agenda, I can find no fault with the text and emphasis points of his speech. He rails against "President for life" tyranny, and call for an end to historical corruption to spur trade and bolster economies on that continent. If you cull his speech, taking away bits and pieces to be interpreted in a skewed manner, it could support a negative viewpoint. In this instance, he addressed the issues facing African countries, and sought a positive outcome. That's a good thing, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ah, so it's just more Rule 3 then.

Okay, I'll play ...

Here's the description of what this forum is supposed to be about:

From this point forward, please use this (Political Madness) forum for its intended purpose, speculation of the manipulative conspiracies that have created the intense atmosphere of politically-inspired hate that has been fostered over the past few years.

Please state what your actual "conspiracy theory" is that focuses on the politically inspired hate we've seen.

For example such a theory might answer:

Is Obama planning to take over Africa or something?

Is Obama planning to start revolutions in Africa via his supposed "cult of personality"?

And, if successful, is Obama recruiting an African army to invade and enforce martial law in the US and take our guns and bibles away and make himself President for life?

What? Who? Where? How? When? How is this Obama trip or anything he's said fostering hatred in this country?

OR, is all such considerations merely the propagandized BS of some "hidden" group that wants to inspire hatred against the President?

See, that's the thing with your new little ploy ... for something to be a "conspiracy theory" you actually have to state "something" and give some sort of evidence to back it up.

You've done nothing but post a translated news article which very plainly states what Obama is "doing there" :

The speech marked the end of a short tour that has seen Obama visit Kenya, his father's birthplace, and Ethiopia, from where he flew out on Air Force One after the speech.

Both are key security allies in the fight against Somalia's Al-Qaeda-affiliated Shebab militants, but they were also challenged on concerns over democracy, human rights and graft.

Obama was very clear in the reference to "if I ran again I think I could win BUT I CAN'T"

"Now let me be honest with you: I do not understand this. I am in my second term... I love my work, but under our constitution, I cannot run again. I actually think I'm a pretty good president, I think if I ran again I could win, but I can't," he said.

"And, I'll be honest with you, I'm looking forward to life after being president. I won't have such a big security detail all the time, it means I can take a walk, it means I can spend time with my family.

"The point is I don't understand why people want to stay so long. Especially when they've got a lot of money," he said, drawing another huge cheer from the hall -- packed with diplomats but also many civil society activists.

So, please tell us what your "conspiracy theory" is and what evidence you want to pull out of this article to support it?
edit on 16Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:27:54 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Africa is the next country in works to be raped for cheap slave labor by the first world nations.

Our gov't is doing their duty to ensure the Corporate behemoths with interest in Africa get what they need on our dollar. They have already taken our tax money to rebuild African infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Africa is the next country in works to be raped for cheap slave labor by the first world nations.

Our gov't is doing their duty to ensure the Corporate behemoths with interest in Africa get what they need on our dollar. They have already taken our tax money to rebuild African infrastructure.

Wouldn't it be easier to leave the warlords and dictators in place then?

What benefit would all this "democracy" talk garner?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It depends if they wan't to play along with the Big Corps interest , which will be unlikely unless they get a cut.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Not to nitpick...Africa isn't a country.
And it was already raped for cheap slave labor. For a few centuries. But you are right: once Asian markets are stable, the next emergent market will be Africa, more than likely. This means that our IPhones will be assembled in Nigeria instead of China. On the one hand, the globalization that this indicates is interesting to ponder. On the other hand, its terrifying to ponder.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It depends if they wan't to play along with the Big Corps interest , which will be unlikely unless they get a cut.

Still, it's easier to negotiate with one person than with a hundred (imagining some democratically elected government).

Much easier to keep control in a country that is already used to being compliant to a tyrant.

I mean, look at the US ... we're the opposite of a tyranny ... we can't get stuff done because we have too many people involved.

<<   2 >>

join