It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone in the neighborhood has a "boom car"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I love my apartment. It's very quiet and a lot of times the soft hum of the refrigerator is the only sound that breaks the silence. I love sitting at home in the evening playing some soft music and just relaxing or playing on the computer. That all stopped a couple weeks ago when someone in the neighbor got a "boom car'.

For those if you that don't know, a boom car has stereo speakers that play bass so loud it can be heard at least 100 feet away. I know, because my apartment is at least 100 feet from the road. In the evening, especially on the weekend, I'm inundated with the continuous"BARRRRRR BUMP". from their car. It's honestly loud enough in my apartment it hurts my ears.

They're smart enough to not play it long enough for the police to come if someone complains. They play maybe one song, then wait a few minutes to play another one.

I don't condone violence, but I'm ready to make an exception.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some punk young guy. I am not against subwoofer stereos in cars. I think its cool. However there is no reason for a car to have stereos so loud you can hear it over 100 feet away. Anything over 5 feet is childish and annoying. Call the cops if you see him.
edit on 23-7-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bananas in the tailpipe.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Boom car?! that's hilarious

I have a stereo system in my truck you can hear quarter-mile away. In 100 feet you know I'm in your driveway.

sounds like it's becoming a problem and it also sounds like you're going to be moving soon if you don't like it.

Watch out for those "boom cars", hahahaha ha

Thanks for that great laugh

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You do know cops won't do anything about it right? So don't waste their time because they will just be pissed at you.

Unless there are sound regulations he can play it all he wants from 10am to 10pm. Yea it sucks that you like your quiet. But that's what happens when you move into an apartment.

Don't be a tattletale. You're just going to make enemies you don't want.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Maybe he should just ask the guy to play some music he likes.

I grew up around these 'boom cars' and never heard anyone call them that either.

Shoot my best friends mom had a jetta that you heard coming long before she was there.

OP, sorry that other peoples choices in car modifications annoys you.
Welcome to the real world of living in close quarters.

I agree with LotLizard, don't call the cops.

Maybe some noise canceling head phones?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I wish you were my neighbor or at least until 10 PM at night

Bwahahahaha 😈😈😈😈😈😈

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Bananas in the tailpipe.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Maybe he should just ask the guy to play some music he likes.

I grew up around these 'boom cars' and never heard anyone call them that either.

Shoot my best friends mom had a jetta that you heard coming long before she was there.

OP, sorry that other peoples choices in car modifications annoys you.
Welcome to the real world of living in close quarters.

I agree with LotLizard, don't call the cops.

Maybe some noise canceling head phones?

I love your sense of humorπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
I love my apartment. It's very quiet and a lot of times the soft hum of the refrigerator is the only sound that breaks the silence. I love sitting at home in the evening playing some soft music and just relaxing or playing on the computer. That all stopped a couple weeks ago when someone in the neighbor got a "boom car'.

For those if you that don't know, a boom car has stereo speakers that play bass so loud it can be heard at least 100 feet away. I know, because my apartment is at least 100 feet from the road. In the evening, especially on the weekend, I'm inundated with the continuous"BARRRRRR BUMP". from their car. It's honestly loud enough in my apartment it hurts my ears.

They're smart enough to not play it long enough for the police to come if someone complains. They play maybe one song, then wait a few minutes to play another one.

I don't condone violence, but I'm ready to make an exception.

I remember a car like that once when I was sitting outside at night and was cleaning my air rifle. It was an amazing coincidence when I was looking through the viewfinder to see what the ruckus was all about and the sub woofer pressure caused the entire back window to capitulate. The music stopped and I guess they will have to play softer to avoid the insurance deductible again. I didn't know that music vibrations would cause that kind of damage to a window until that evening.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I hate that crap. It's a wonder the people in the car don't go deaf. It's one thing I don't miss about the city.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

you're effecting my view of Alaskan trash.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well played. I like that one.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Let him go deaf, he'll learn his lesson later in life when he's 35-40 and suffering from tinnitus so bad it gives him migranes and insomnia let alone having it get so bad further down the road that it ends up becoming dangerous when walking near roadways and such when he can't hear vehicles coming.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I get annoyed by those cars too..

On the other hand, I know people have to be annoyed by me driving my Torino to and from work at odd hours.

I just have headers with 18 inches of cherry bomb bolted to them. No pipes. Antique Auto tags and never needs inspecting.

I never thought to put a stereo in it... I prefer the rhythmic hums and rattles of the motor. Besides, I have plenty of dirt roads to rattle the bolts loose.

ETA: Another reason to be into systems like that can be summed up in a YouTube vid that I would not dare embed here.

Just go there and put in "Hot girl in a car with a loud system". That is not the title of the video, it should be one of the top ones on the list.

edit on 23-7-2015 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've seen cars rattle apart from subwoofers haha.

Mine was a kinda cheap system (around$1000) and stuff would fall off all the time. My old car everything rattled and would shove pennies in everywhere to fix it haha. It's just sad my subwoofers cost double what my car was worth.

Never had anyone complain about the noise because I knew when and where to turn them up. Had a standalone equalizer that can filter out bass notes.

Some people just love loud things and the feeling you get in your chest when someone has a great system in their car is euphoric. Some of them it's like sitting on a drop zone at an amusement park. But I just grew out of loud music and now I own a mustang which is almost too loud lol.

It's not like they're playing it to annoy you. Many systems when turned up WILL knock things off your walls at 100 feet away. So be thankful they don't have one lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

you're effecting my view of Alaskan trash.

Don't you mean Affecting?! Lol

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

What's your town's noise ordinance look like? One of our immediate neighbors is a noisy SOB, looks to be converting some bucket of bolts truck's bed into a pontoon or something. Anyway, it's a noisy process. He's smart enough to stop at the town ordinance's specified time (NO noise disturbances between 9pm and 7am, 7am to 9pm is a fine if it can be heard over 100 feet away) He's continued on past the cut-off by 10 minutes here, 15 there, but so help me effing god, if it's longer than that, ever, I'm calling it in. His little work spot is directly under our kids' bedroom window (not much wiggle room on the property lines around here) and he doesn't give a rip. We've mentioned it before to no avail. We're just waiting for him to eff up & keep at it late into the night thinking we won't do anything about it.

I suggest a recording to back up your report if you turn them in. If you can hear it inside from that far away, they're not going to argue with a video of it as proof.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think there's a maxim that covers big noise, little...

Yeah, boom cars, muscle cars, Harleys...wouldn't it be great if EVERYONE EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME played with toys like this?

I have a rule that covers all this kind of stuff, inc zoning nuisances... if you can't do your "thing" without bothering other people, then you simply do not have enough room for your annoying habits.

Easy test = what if everybody did it, how well would that work for the community?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You should come over to our neighborhood sometime.

It's so popular, even folks from out of state bring their Boom Cars in at least once a month to show off their sound systems and shake hands with the locals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join