It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Live a life in FIVE minutes!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I got to thinking today...

What if that's what is going on? What if the real, authentic you is walking through a mall and sees a sign that advertises living an entire lifetime in only 5 minutes of real-world time? Curious, you decide to try it out. You are given a set of parameters to pick from and told that you will ultimately control the life you're about to live despite having input certain design characteristics.

I mean, who's to say any of you are real and not just constructs of my reality program? How do you know I'm not a part of your own program?

Perhaps this is why when we dream it's always different. As we dream, we are going into a dream within a dream and things become more disjointed.

Ultimately, I think what we have going on are an infinite number of simulations within simulations. You can't ever really "wake up" to the "real you" because it's just another simulation inside of another.

I also get the sinking feeling that reality itself is an organism, necessarily unknowable. We're a part of this organism, like a finger is to a hand or a hair is to a body. We're from the same, but not the same. We are connected but also independent.

As you can tell I'm a little bored today and letting my mind wander. I feel it's good from time to time to ponder such things, I think it helps keep the mind plastic and malleable. Consider it a thought exercise!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How could a finger on a hand reproduce and make another finger? I understand the point you are trying to make but the comparisons you made didn't really make sense to me...

I don't think people would have emotions, open thoughts/actions and many more things in life if we were just simulations...I think the premise is interesting living a life in 5 minutes but do you really believe that is what life as we know it is? Or is that just something you see happening in the future?

I always pictured the universe as being inside of a person...Say God, we are in his brain, cells working together to keep the brain active...Being there are many correlations between our universe and the human brain, that got me thinking...What if we are all a real life part (organisms/cells) of God's brain? Interesting getting the mind going and nobody is sure what the truth is but cool to think about either way!

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

There are other sites also but it just makes you think....
edit on 7/22/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/22/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wasn't that like an episode from Star trek, where Picard had to do that? I vaguely remember that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

To answer your question about the finger. Bimolecular cell regeneration. Yet, I don't believe humans have that capability; that I'm aware of. If we were just a figment of Gods imagination, who's imagination is God a figment of ?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

All I can say is that I'd tell my wife to go shop around Macy's while I go check out this "Virtual Life" store. I wonder if they'd offer you a massage during the simulation.

I love brain stretching - this thought seems to be a tangent from concepts of the Matrix and even Total Recall, though different... it's really fun to think about.

Thanks for being bored today.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

How could a finger on a hand reproduce and make another finger? I understand the point you are trying to make but the comparisons you made didn't really make sense to me...

I don't think people would have emotions, open thoughts/actions and many more things in life if we were just simulations...I think the premise is interesting living a life in 5 minutes but do you really believe that is what life as we know it is? Or is that just something you see happening in the future?

I always pictured the universe as being inside of a person...Say God, we are in his brain, cells working together to keep the brain active...Being there are many correlations between our universe and the human brain, that got me thinking...What if we are all a real life part (organisms/cells) of God's brain? Interesting getting the mind going and nobody is sure what the truth is but cool to think about either way!

Ever have that dream when you where very young about something that is very colossal yet very minuscule? Or ever see that old black and white movie "The incredible shrinking man"? How at the end of the movie he is talking and wonders how small he will shrink into infinity? What is the smallest thing we know of now? The quark? Look at the photo's you provided with the brain cells and the universe? What is the absolute smallest in the microverse and what is the largest in the universe? We are talking major quantitative infinities here. So who's to say we are not a part in a grand scheme of some kind of a simulation or a part of a master being?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

All I can say is that I'd tell my wife to go shop around Macy's while I go check out this "Virtual Life" store. I wonder if they'd offer you a massage during the simulation.

I love brain stretching - this thought seems to be a tangent from concepts of the Matrix and even Total Recall, though different... it's really fun to think about.

Thanks for being bored today.

Thanks for the laugh. Ha-ha.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Fascinating picture of a brain cell and the universe. All I know is that lately, I seem to be constructing my reality. In other words, things that I am thinking about or imagining, seem to be appearing out of nowhere. From wondering, I wonder what it's like to ride a Mini Cooper. A few weeks later, a carpool partner (there's three of us and we just started carpooling a week ago, so I had no clue this person even owned one) shows up with his car, a Mini Cooper and I get to ride in it. Little things like that, just random coincidences seem to be happening.

Get's me thinking.. is something controlling my reality?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Just because something looks similar does not mean it is the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Doesn't mean if something is the same that it can't look completely different either.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Doesn't mean if something is the same that it can't look completely different either.

Yes, reliance on appearances alone is fraught with issues.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Just because something looks similar does not mean it is the same.

And why not? it seems to work with biometrics.
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Fingerprints and snowflakes. There is no two the same. But yet both can be similar.
edit on 7/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Fingerprints and snowflakes. There is no two the same. But yet both can be similar.

Much of 'magic' is the belief that manipulating the symbol manipulates the object.

Scale is real and means that similar appearing things may actually have no commonality at all.

As I posted in another thread, waving around a blue piece of paper does not give you power to control the sky (an absurd comparison, itself).

Unfortunately, too many people do not see the difference, applying an uncritical belief to their view of reality.

edit on 22/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There's an old Hermetic law..

"As above, so below"

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There's an old Hermetic law..

"As above, so below"

Now Up, Is Down!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

then once your inside the alternate life program, whos to say you dont then stumble upon another alternate life reality program, who knows how many alternate reality programs deep this goes, or perhaps as they say, its turtles all the way down.....

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Wasn't that like an episode from Star trek, where Picard had to do that? I vaguely remember that.

Inner Light...

you can watch the whole episode on netflix or right HERE
edit on 23-7-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Infinite number of simulations like an infinite number of possible emotional responses? Like how the video simulated humor and the subtitles reveal what the Architect was really thinking...
edit on 23-7-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Well i lived 20 yrs in 8 hours of sleep one time so i wont discount the possibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join